Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Hormesis - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 08:49)IntelSwe Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 01:40)Hormesis Wrote: Has anyone experienced crackling from their left speaker when playing video? I've had this for basically every build I can remember, and the only way I've been able to nix it is by using Pro Logic 2 on my receiver.

I've tried passthrough on, off, doesn't seem to make any difference. I've tried OXM, DVD, no difference there either.

Yes I have, with my previous receiver (Pioneer VSX-814) I had crackling but in both speakers.
There was a setting earlier on that I know fixed it or turning down the RPi volume a few notches.

I wrote down the problematic movies and when I bought a new receiver (Denon AVR-4520) I couldn't recreate the crackling.
I've been fiddling around with the settings in an attempt to get the crackling back so I would know what caused it but I can't. Last thing I did was a fresh install. No crackling.

Normalize volume seems to do the trick. Smile

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 22:25)Trickname Wrote: i noticed this to not happen when using dvdplayer as default

Does it still occur with omxplayer on latest build?
The suspected CEC commit is removed from latest build.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Koloss - 2014-03-05

Last Build, Autoframerate didnot running, the pi has no signal!

@Trickname: HDMI-CEC didnot running with all hdmi-cables.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Trickname - 2014-03-05

Quote:Does it still occur with omxplayer on latest build?
The suspected CEC commit is removed from latest build.
yes, still happen with #0304, but only with livetv using omxplayer

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - disrupted - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 22:28)Koloss Wrote: Last Build, Autoframerate didnot running, the pi has no signal!

I also can't get a signal after the OpenELEC splash screen.. it is booting to a black screen and the monitor is turning itself on and off every 20 seconds or so. the monitor is connected to the RPi via a HDMI-DVI cable and doesn't support CEC. on previous builds everything is fine though.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2014-03-05

(2014-03-05, 22:34)Trickname Wrote: yes, still happen with #0304, but only with livetv using omxplayer

Okay, it wasn't CEC. I think this is due to small audio packet fix triggering buffering on live tv.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - ranem123 - 2014-03-05

Have update to the newest MIlehouse Build and skins not working like xtv saf and many more ?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - pleasantone - 2014-03-06

Before I dig any deeper, I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen a regression between #0213 and #0304 with regard to loosing frames and losing video/audio sync when doing a 30-second forward or back? Kick either button on the remote and the symptom is that the picture freezes for a bit, is slightly corrupted until it gets a sync frame. Audio streams fine during this time. It corrects itself in under 5 seconds.

devel-20140213175528-r17700-g56e8f72 doesn't have the problem (released 2/13) and this one does. Same hardware, configured using dvdplayer as the default player, playing a 720p MKV file over HDMI. I can do a binary search, if necessary, to narrow it down to less than 20 days if this isn't an obviously duplicate report, or paste bin in log files. I haven't done a serious bug report for Openelec yet, but I know my way around a linux system and XBMC. What's the preferred delivery/data?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Trickname - 2014-03-06

thx popcornmix,
will wait for next release and report.

btw nice to see dvdplayer give me 16:9 now Smile

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - popcornmix - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-06, 00:05)pleasantone Wrote: Before I dig any deeper, I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen a regression between #0213 and #0304 with regard to loosing frames and losing video/audio sync when doing a 30-second forward or back? Kick either button on the remote and the symptom is that the picture freezes for a bit, is slightly corrupted until it gets a sync frame. Audio streams fine during this time. It corrects itself in under 5 seconds.

devel-20140213175528-r17700-g56e8f72 doesn't have the problem (released 2/13) and this one does. Same hardware, configured using dvdplayer as the default player, playing a 720p MKV file over HDMI. I can do a binary search, if necessary, to narrow it down to less than 20 days if this isn't an obviously duplicate report, or paste bin in log files. I haven't done a serious bug report for Openelec yet, but I know my way around a linux system and XBMC. What's the preferred delivery/data?

I haven't seen this reported. Identifying the first build where this occurred would be useful. Providing a sample file that exhibits the problem would also be useful.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - edwr - 2014-03-06

With this latest build (#0304), CEC seems to fail immediately upon playing any video. Downgrading to #0301 and it works normally again

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - neno1978 - 2014-03-06

hi i have a problem with ([1.634132] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM disabled] if any one could help me this is my cmdline.txt http://sprunge.us/gDbh thanks Wink

sorry i solved Angel , i canĀ“t delete post Blush

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - PeaceMkr - 2014-03-06

Going back to 22.02.-Build SDTV works perfect again so stuttering while watching SDTV with VDR-Plugins seems to come from any of the latest patches.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - allan87 - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-06, 08:18)PeaceMkr Wrote: Going back to 22.02.-Build SDTV works perfect again so stuttering while watching SDTV with VDR-Plugins seems to come from any of the latest patches.
for what it's worth, I have mythtv PVR working well on the Feb 28 Milhouse build.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - da-anda - 2014-03-06

(2014-03-05, 20:04)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 19:19)allan87 Wrote: What about building from the gotham branch? Also, does Gotham going to beta mean that no further newclock3 PRs will be adopted (i.e. anything adopted will go to 14-alpha)?

I believe master is remaining in feature freeze until Gotham goes final, so until then there will be little difference between master and gotham.
(So I'd suggest Milhouse stays with master).
correct. And newclock3 commits wouldn't have made it into Gotham even if beta phase would have been in a few weeks, because master was already frozen in preparation for beta since a couple of weeks (we have to draw a line at some point because there is always something that should go in)