Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - misa - 2013-08-25

Come on... You don't give up in a Race in first round, only your oil is a little hot, .... No... Lets solve the Problem together or give the guys the right input, who can code it, and bring the xbmc back on track... Wink

Blaming people, has never solved problems..

Love that line...Smile

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Koloss - 2013-08-25

New Topic:

DTS-HD when supporting passthrought to AVR - an assessment?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Huuh - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-08, 10:07)radioparadise Wrote: @ Trickname, @ Huuh,

I can confirm the same OSD-Problem with LIVE TV. This effect is new, and this is not with Recorded TV or any video. Quite funny.

FF, Rewind etc, even changing channels by entering numbers are working properly. This is the best build I ever tested!

I think I know what's going on, but I don't know if there's a way to fix this. I'm using an older Samsung plasma tv. Although it says it's 720p, the screen resolution is really 1024x768p. I think the render for the OSD is getting confused between 1280x720 and 1024x768, so the buttons go missing. When I tried the latest build on a new tv, it didn't have this problem at all.

Any hope of this problem getting fixed or am I forever stuck using older builds pre Aug-3?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - dhead - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-25, 21:22)Koloss Wrote: New Topic:

DTS-HD when supporting passthrought to AVR - an assessment?

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=51004#p395577

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - evanspae - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-25, 14:06)Squall13 Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 12:13)evanspae Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 02:42)Squall13 Wrote: Hi there.

I tried that and it still reverts back to it's default settings (deformed) when I restart the thing.

Does guisettings.xml have anything to do with this? I came to an advice on the previous thread that I should delete it. I deleted it, and it looked fine. Made some adjustments on the overscan then when I restarted it it was messed up again.

How about config.txt? I remember one time that I should be changing gpu_mem in there somewhere depending on if its a 256 or 512 Pi.

There is obviously still a bug here (I think it looks as if its an XBMC Gotham one with menu restructures) and we will have to wait for developers to sort. Config.txt will not sort this as guisettings are being overwritten on each reboot.. its becoming a real showstopper preventing latest Gotham from daily usage. We will have to be patient. Most of the earlier issues of buffering and DTS, Dolby HD etc are looking good.

Thanks to all for progress todate keep up the good work. The eternal problem here is the better the solution being offered... the more we want from it! Tongue

I understand sir if it is a bug or some sort and I appreciate all these people have done for the project. but it looks like I'm the only one with the problem so it must have been something I've done lol. The last people that had the same problem that I have googled was back in 2012 so I think it's safe to assume that no one here currently is having said issue.

This is a bug both I and doveman2 and others have posted on this see posts #438, #449 and #450.
According to XBMC wiki it should be possible to cut and paste desired guisettings into advancedsettings which should then take precedence. This works for the locale time settings but I have tried this approach with resolution and pixel ratio and other settings with no joy. If the Pi is rebooted I am back to square one (or should I say 0.5 pixel ratio!) with the same problem as you and others.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Trickname - 2013-08-26

No problem with that here, try to tell your TV to scan (auto) setting

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - FattyMcDirty - 2013-08-26

Any1 still got this version for me:
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(21.08.2013).tar.bz2

?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - botribun - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 11:59)FattyMcDirty Wrote: Any1 still got this version for me:

?
I can upload it, later in the evening.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Squall13 - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 11:47)evanspae Wrote: This is a bug both I and doveman2 and others have posted on this see posts #438, #449 and #450.
According to XBMC wiki it should be possible to cut and paste desired guisettings into advancedsettings which should then take precedence. This works for the locale time settings but I have tried this approach with resolution and pixel ratio and other settings with no joy. If the Pi is rebooted I am back to square one (or should I say 0.5 pixel ratio!) with the same problem as you and others.

Oh wow it's on the page before my post too. I am just too dumb. Thanks for clarifying that and I'll wait for the fix. Sorry.

I just installed rbe's latest Frodo branch and I was wondering if you could help me with this one. This is showing when my OpenElec boots up and some other line that disappears too fast for me to read what it is

can't open : /sbin/init/ line 49 var/config/settings.conf

Thanks for the help in advance.

(2013-08-26, 11:56)Trickname Wrote: No problem with that here, try to tell your TV to scan (auto) setting

Can you please clarify this?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Trickname - 2013-08-26

Quote:Can you please clarify this?

To change the TV setting is just a idea i had, because for me there is no problem with video calibration.
Maybe can help people with this problem.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 11:47)evanspae Wrote: This is a bug both I and doveman2 and others have posted on this see posts #438, #449 and #450.

Actually for me, putting the locale settings in advancedsettings didn't work either and only once I added them to guisettings as well did it start showing the right time.

(2013-08-26, 16:50)doveman2 Wrote:

Actually for me, putting the locale settings in advancedsettings didn't work either and only once I added them to guisettings as well did it start showing the right time.

Yes there is some inconsistency here because if you do same with resolution settings they are just overwritten on next reboot, particularly pixel ratio

goes from what you adjust in calibration

<resolution>
<description>1920x1080 @ 50.00 - Full Screen</description>
<subtitles>542</subtitles>
<pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
<overscan>
<left>25</left>
<top>16</top>
<right>1571</right>
<bottom>884</bottom>
</overscan>
</resolution>

to on reboot

<resolution>
<description>1920x1080 @ 50.00 - Full Screen</description>
<subtitles>1042</subtitles>
<pixelratio>0.500000</pixelratio>
<overscan>
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>1920</right>
<bottom>1080</bottom>
</overscan>
</resolution>

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - doveman2 - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 18:29)evanspae Wrote: Yes there is some inconsistency here because if you do same with resolution settings they are just overwritten on next reboot, particularly pixel ratio

I assume if you put those settings in guisettings it works though? So as a workaround for now we could calibrate, WinSCP in and copy the settings from advancedsettings to guisettings before rebooting?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - botribun - 2013-08-26

(2013-08-26, 11:59)FattyMcDirty Wrote: Any1 still got this version for me:

?
There you go!

http://ul.to/3gelrhb0

(2013-08-26, 19:29)doveman2 Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 18:29)evanspae Wrote: Yes there is some inconsistency here because if you do same with resolution settings they are just overwritten on next reboot, particularly pixel ratio

I assume if you put those settings in guisettings it works though? So as a workaround for now we could calibrate, WinSCP in and copy the settings from advancedsettings to guisettings before rebooting?

No, I found reboot just overwrites setting although manually inputed locale time settings seems to remain?.... therefore only option is manually calibrate take a copy.. for info.. but dont reboot otherwise you just have to start all over again.