Kodi Community Forum
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Raspberry Pi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=166)
+---- Thread: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=184866)

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Koloss - 2013-11-18

Thanks, @Milhouse:, I test this Build now and give you a feedback tomorrow!

Aeon mq 5, ace skin didnot running same problem! Incompatible

Temperatur test follow.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - pikoli - 2013-11-19

hey guys!

is it still possible to change gui resolution with <guires> tags in advacedsettings.xml? I tried it on some latest gotham builds, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have 256Mb pi, so this feature would be useful.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - dubsides - 2013-11-19

for some reason when I do a fresh install using wired connection, can't get past the welcome screen for networking... just sits there saying working... with the spinning symbol.

I know it's connected because I can ssh in, but can't figure out how to close/get past the first-use prompts

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-19, 04:18)dubsides Wrote: for some reason when I do a fresh install using wired connection, can't get past the welcome screen for networking... just sits there saying working... with the spinning symbol.

I know it's connected because I can ssh in, but can't figure out how to close/get past the first-use prompts

It's a known issue.

Either carry out the instructions in the linked post, or install a release version which doesn't have this problem, configure it and then upgrade to a development build.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - dubsides - 2013-11-19

thank you so much I tried searching the thread with relevant terms but didn't come across it, thanks again!

/oh my god the cmyth pvr is so much better than it used to be!

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - allan87 - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-18, 23:06)MilhouseVH Wrote: Definitely worth wider testing! With the above patches I'm seeing about 5% CPU load reduction in stock Confluence while idle on a 1GHz Pi (500Mhz core, 600Mhz SD-RAM) - idle CPU now hovers around 18% (23-24% previously).

Here's the new OE Gotham build on dropbox....
Sadly, This build has killed MythTV for me. Live TV doesn't play at all, and all Recordings are missing. Reverting to the Nov 13 build fixed it.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Milhouse - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-19, 05:21)allan87 Wrote: Sadly, This build has killed MythTV for me. Live TV doesn't play at all, and all Recordings are missing. Reverting to the Nov 13 build fixed it.

Providing a debug log (wiki) might prove useful to popcornmix.

I tried to turn on myth logging (in the myth config menu) and it kept crashing. Gave up. I will try again with the next build.

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Huuh - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-19, 05:35)allan87 Wrote: I tried to turn on myth logging (in the myth config menu) and it kept crashing. Gave up. I will try again with the next build.

Didn't really test it, but Mythtv appears to be working for me. I'm using mythtv v.26.

Recordings menu is a bit strange though, and there's now three different directories. They now put in the temporary recordings in with recordings that you actually wanted recorded, all in the same directory.

Mine is also idleing at 65%. Overclocked to 900mhz, 450mhz core.

I'm using mythtv v.27

(2013-11-15, 21:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 20:55)allan87 Wrote: I will try, but I do no know where the EDL file is, or what to do with it when I find it. If you can tell me, I would appreciate it. If not, I will try to figure it out by myself.

Afraid I don't know anymore than you. I don't use mythtv (or any pvr backend). I'm aware that the code looks for a file named like the video file but with an edl extension.
This appears to define skip start and stop points which are used for automatically seeking past commercials.

If you work out how far out the skip is? (e.g. perhaps you lose the first 5 seconds of program before the commercial break, but it starts correctly after the break)
it might give some clues. e.g. there is a buffer of video+audio between the ARM and GPU that is typically a few seconds, and using the time from the wrong end of that buffer may explain a few seconds error.
If it's 30 seconds then it must be something else.
1. There does not appear to be an edl file. I suspect the edl info is in the sql db.

2. The most recent OS X XBMC Gotham monthly handles commercial skips perfectly. The show fades to black (before the ad) and immediately fades smoothly back in to the show. Every version of Gotham I have tried on the rPi frame freezes up momentarily before reaching the ad, and then the show resumes.

3. It seems to me that the premature cutout is consistently about 5 seconds early. Resumption seems fairly accurate. If it would help, I can probably check a couple of instances to determine exactly how early it is.

Finally, I remembered that I did run a relevant debug log a month ago. Please see this post in that regard: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131016&pid=1525241#pid1525241

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - Leopold - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-19, 00:41)pikoli Wrote: hey guys!

is it still possible to change gui resolution with <guires> tags in advacedsettings.xml? I tried it on some latest gotham builds, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have 256Mb pi, so this feature would be useful.
I think the <guires> tag is specific to the Rbej builds. The newclock3 builds have a gui setting to disable the 720p limit https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commit/8eee4bf60f4546c43abfbb2ba5fc500a84d077fc

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - pikoli - 2013-11-19

Leopold, tnx for the answer. Too bad, <guires> tags dont work.

I know about this gui setting, but with this it is only possible to switch between 720p and 1080p.

For me, 720p is too fuzzy, and 1080p consumes too much ram. I would love to set 900p Smile

Is it maybe possible to do anything, when it is already compiled?

RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - nola mike - 2013-11-19

Are there any Frodo builds that support mythbackend 0.27? I upgraded the mythbackend before realizing that the Frodo mythpvr doesn't support 0.27...
Have the last rbej Gotham build working, but has some issues with addons, is a bit unstable--definitely not wifeproof. Trying to show her that it's as easy to use as the cable box. Failing.

Re: RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - wizzard72 - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-18, 19:59)pplucky Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 18:59)wizzard72 Wrote: Indeed they are renewing the subtitle downloaded: http://xbmc.org/making-subtitle-search-better/
Although renewing may not mean improving, as it seems you'll have individual add-ons per subtitle search site (if someone develops it), rather than the existing unified interface (1 single add-on) in which you'd simply choose which sites to search subtitles on.
If you need to look for a subtitle in 3 different sites, this means you'd at least need to triple the time it takes to find a valid subtitle...

Was it my misunderstanding or does it really look like I described?

In XBMC 12.2, all subtitle search services are part of a single piece of code that comes in the form of the XBMC Subtitles addon that is released by Team XBMC. This means every subtitle search developer must go through an XBMC Team gatekeeper if they want to make a fix, either big or small.

I think it's a step forward to split the subtitle add-on in multiple add-ons. Amet wrote as comment that you don't have to leave the movie to change add-on, or services he called them. Let's hope so.