Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - dkplayaclub - 2014-11-18

Is it possible to disable blackout when the on screen keyboard is displayed? Not necessarily looking for a change to the skin, but is there a file I can edit to make it so when the keyboard pops up the background does not darken or fade at all?

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-11-18

(2014-11-18, 02:23)dkplayaclub Wrote: Is it possible to disable blackout when the on screen keyboard is displayed? Not necessarily looking for a change to the skin, but is there a file I can edit to make it so when the keyboard pops up the background does not darken or fade at all?

In 1080i/DialogKeyboard.xml remove the following line 13:
Code:
<include>GlobalOverlay</include>

(2014-11-17, 09:20)carldickson Wrote: Hi, I have an issue with movie trailers.

If I select Trailer from the info on a trailer it plays in the background, but if I go into movie information then trailer it plays in the foreground.
Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
I'll look into a fix for Helix version.

(2014-11-17, 21:53)SherlockHolmes Wrote: In OSD settings, can I choose only clearlogo instead of clearart/clearlogo, since it´s nicer with clearlogo on tv-shows.
Yeah I'll add an option in the Helix version.

(2014-11-16, 16:02)locomot1f Wrote: yeah!!!! i got my keyboard back. no more switching back and for to Confluence.

i'll keep my eyes open Cool for any issues.

GREAT JOB @jurialmunkey. IMO, the best skin out there.... minimal, customize-able, clean.

One ?uestion I have.
are you planning to add support for the music section to ''rate'' your music?
not sure how you would implement it into this look.... but I was just wondering.

thanks again!
Thanks Smile

Yeah I've been thinking a bit about including the ability to rate songs - still trying to think of the best way to do it.

(2014-11-18, 02:23)dkplayaclub Wrote: Is it possible to disable blackout when the on screen keyboard is displayed? Not necessarily looking for a change to the skin, but is there a file I can edit to make it so when the keyboard pops up the background does not darken or fade at all?

In 1080i/DialogKeyboard.xml remove the following line 13:
Code:
<include>GlobalOverlay</include>

Thanks. Easy fix and works great.

RE: Eminence - TheGame1986 - 2014-11-18

EDIT: Posted in the wrong section. Sad

RE: Eminence - hacky4real - 2014-11-18

Hello am very new to Eminence and i love it! I have used bello for a very long time; its also a great and easy to use skin (wife-friendly) as Eminence.
I love bello's OSD. Could you please port it to Eminence if its possible or include something similar. Many thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/uIGlvJa.jpg

RE: Eminence - 4500 - 2014-11-18

Is there anyway of customising the music hub.

It would be great to be able to...

1) Change the main box from Top 100 Songs to say... Albums
2) Change the order of the boxes to the right of the box. Even add, say, 2014 to the top so I can quickly jump into this years releases.
3) Are there any options for the full screen display, would love to see album art rather then that LED box thingy!

Thanks Cinco.

As far as the Bello OSD goes, I don't know that it would fit with the theme in Eminence, but it would be nice to have the star rating thing somewhere,

RE: Eminence - Namerp - 2014-11-19

was this forgotten ? If you didn't want to fix it for gotham, you could maybe tell me where I found these field values to fix it temporary for gotham Smile

(2014-10-27, 20:49)Namerp Wrote: It would be great if the text fields (red box) are getting longer (like the yellow box). At the moment the text field need to scroll unnecessary.

RE: Eminence - woZa - 2014-11-22

Nice skin, really like it... Thanks!

RE: Eminence - mancuniancol - 2014-11-22

I've found some tricks using Pulsar addon
1. Add Movies and TV show menu directly to the home menu

You go to customise menu and you add new title or item. Select Customise Edit path and write this:
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.pulsar/movies/",return,return)
Label Movies

Do the same and write:
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.pulsar/shows/",return,return

2. You can also configure the global background widget to show you the popular shows or movies

http://imgur.com/73xtJAO

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.pulsar/shows/popular
or
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.pulsar/movies/popular

RE: Eminence - mancuniancol - 2014-11-22

@jurialmunkey, is there a way to delay the widget to start? My problem is that I want to use a plugin that sometimes it takes couple seconds to start. When, i get error from the skin. If I can delay the start , I would be perfect for me. Thanks in advance for your answer.

EDIT:

I've found it
Code:
<onfocus condition="Skin.HasSetting(skin.init)">AlarmClock(GoHome,ReplaceWindow(home),00:02,silent,false)</onfocus>
line 147, Startup.xml

Btw, your skin is the best

RE: Eminence - dkplayaclub - 2014-11-23

I would like to take this time to make another request. Can you add support for ratings update single mode? Right now I have to switch to Transparency skin just to do the update, then switch back to Eminence. It's either that or let it run for hours while it updates nearly 2,000 movies.

RE: Eminence - trademarc9 - 2014-11-23

I wouldn't be surprised if this question has been answered in this thread, but I can't find it using the search feature. Anybody can pitch in if they know. Is it possible to remove the labels on the home screen so that the menu takes up less real estate? I have a bunch of great icons that clearly indicate what each menu item is and I'd rather have a smaller menu (i.e, no labels) so that I can see more of my background art. Thanks to anyone who can confirm either way!

RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-11-23

TO HELIX USERS
Github Helix version now supports PVR. I'm looking for bugs. The one I know about is that back won't return to the hub currently, but this is tied to some changes the way the windows are handled and I'm looking into it. Let me know of any other bugs though!

There is now a side menu on the right where you can change groups and views and sorting! Smile

(2014-11-18, 20:47)hacky4real Wrote: Hello am very new to Eminence and i love it! I have used bello for a very long time; its also a great and easy to use skin (wife-friendly) as Eminence.
I love bello's OSD. Could you please port it to Eminence if its possible or include something similar. Many thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/uIGlvJa.jpg
A lower down info box is coming in Helix changes.

(2014-11-18, 21:04)4500 Wrote: Is there anyway of customising the music hub.

It would be great to be able to...

1) Change the main box from Top 100 Songs to say... Albums
2) Change the order of the boxes to the right of the box. Even add, say, 2014 to the top so I can quickly jump into this years releases.
3) Are there any options for the full screen display, would love to see album art rather then that LED box thingy!

Thanks Cinco.
Not currently, but these are all planned features.
For 3 you just need to enable Skin Settings > OSD > Show extended details when pressing info

(2014-11-19, 13:47)Namerp Wrote: was this forgotten ? If you didn't want to fix it for gotham, you could maybe tell me where I found these field values to fix it temporary for gotham Smile
Ah I did have a fix for it but it was tied into Hub changes that I decided to shelve for the time being until I got all the Helix changes made. Theres a fix for the github Helix version but no Gotham version. btw, helix git version now supports PVR.

(2014-11-22, 16:18)woZa Wrote: Nice skin, really like it... Thanks!
Thanks Smile

(2014-11-23, 00:22)dkplayaclub Wrote: I would like to take this time to make another request. Can you add support for ratings update single mode? Right now I have to switch to Transparency skin just to do the update, then switch back to Eminence. It's either that or let it run for hours while it updates nearly 2,000 movies.
I'm not quite sure what this is. Are you talking about the ratings update script? Is it built into transparency? Surely you can add a tile to home screen with the path set to call the script?

(2014-11-23, 00:53)trademarc9 Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if this question has been answered in this thread, but I can't find it using the search feature. Anybody can pitch in if they know. Is it possible to remove the labels on the home screen so that the menu takes up less real estate? I have a bunch of great icons that clearly indicate what each menu item is and I'd rather have a smaller menu (i.e, no labels) so that I can see more of my background art. Thanks to anyone who can confirm either way!
No easy way other than editing skin files - specifically Includes_Home.xml
However, I do think this is a good option to have so I will add it to my todo list - might be a little while though as I'm quite busy.

RE: Eminence - hacky4real - 2014-11-23

Keep the good work up! An option to hide or disable the on screen keyboard will be great.