Kodi Community Forum
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=191109)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - DiegoMejia - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 00:12)navigates Wrote: I've been reading this thread for a while and have been holding off on buying the fire tv. I have the intel nuc and it works xbmc well. but I want to get one for my parents. Can someone confirm that xbmc works 1080p properly? Is there a way to boot directly to xbmc?

1080p works properly
and yes you can boot directly to xbmc with autopilot

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - pingaling - 2014-04-26

How do you get autopilot ?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - derrickrozay - 2014-04-26

This thread is way too long to read. Can somebody explain which version of xbmc is best to install on this? Ouya, SPMC, Frodo Gotham etc etc?

Pros/Cons would be nice.

Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - esso1980 - 2014-04-26

Use the latest gotham

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - forestrat - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 02:30)derrickrozay Wrote: This thread is way too long to read. Can somebody explain which version of xbmc is best to install on this? Ouya, SPMC, Frodo Gotham etc etc?

Pros/Cons would be nice.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Goldyflix - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 02:30)derrickrozay Wrote: This thread is way too long to read. Can somebody explain which version of xbmc is best to install on this? Ouya, SPMC, Frodo Gotham etc etc?

Pros/Cons would be nice.

If you don't use some Addon's I would go with gotham, but if not use spmc ( I get some weird video flickering and images becomes black with top green using gotham + some addons. I have not encountered those issues with spmc)

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - derrickrozay - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 03:32)Goldyflix Wrote:

Pros/Cons would be nice.

If you don't use some Addon's I would go with gotham, but if not use spmc ( I get some weird video flickering and images becomes black with top green using gotham + some addons. I have not encountered those issues with spmc)

FTV add ons like netflix, spotify and nba? Or xbmc add ons?

also will there be an official xbmc release built specifically for FTV?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - trongson - 2014-04-26

very complicated to install the XBMC into amazon Fire TV not easy.All aplications movies you have to paid . I tried to install XBMC not success so send it back

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - invaliduser - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 04:43)trongson Wrote: very complicated to install the XBMC into amazon Fire TV not easy.All aplications movies you have to paid . I tried to install XBMC not success so send it back

huh?

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - MrMichaelJames - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 04:43)trongson Wrote: very complicated to install the XBMC into amazon Fire TV not easy.All aplications movies you have to paid . I tried to install XBMC not success so send it back

I've never done anything with android, the dev kit or XBMC and i was able to get it up and running in no time at all.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - toddhutch - 2014-04-26

Installing xbmc on AFTV is easy, if you can follow the directions in the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV#Windows. It takes 3-5 minutes on windows.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Ned Scott - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-26, 04:22)derrickrozay Wrote: also will there be an official xbmc release built specifically for FTV?

There won't be any need for a special build. Heck if Dolby plays nice it would likely be submitted to the Fire app store, but after they got mad about the OUYA store version, who knows.

<offtopic-ish>
Side note on that, with some luck and hard work, in the future audio codecs will be add-ons, so there will eventually be a way around that kind of stuff. Dolby can't do much if the audio codec is downloaded after it was installed from a given store :D

Just don't ask when this will happen, or if it really will happen at all. It's just a possibility at this point. It does sound like the best solution to this issue, plus the main reason to have codecs as add-ons, allowing a more modular XBMC, more/faster bug fixes without waiting for full releases, increasing abilities as needed, etc.
</offtopic-ish>

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - Tinwarble - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-25, 14:59)ilovemymac Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 07:41)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 07:07)ilovemymac Wrote: Anyone try sideloading the play store or amazon App Store here for more options of apps? Is it even possible

Yep, I downloaded Vudu and sideloaded it.

Easiest way was to just download it to my tablet, use App Backup & Restore then adb install it from the tablet.

Vudu works, but it does require at least a mouse to navigate.

Has not the play store. Vudu is just an app like any other.
Ok, didn't understand what you meant at first. The Amazon app store is already on the AFTV, any limitation of the store might be due to it seeing the device as a FireTV. As for the Google Play Store, I believe that might require root to do just like on the Ouya, but I haven't attempted myself.

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - civicguy - 2014-04-26

You can try slowly reading the wiki or this post or this blog post too

RE: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC - alwayzbless - 2014-04-26

I've seen a few users mention but I haven't heard of a fix yet. So any of my 720p mkvs that play on the 4/25 nightlie are fine for the first 10 minites and after that no video and green bars display at the top. Is there a better build I should be using or is this pretty much just a known issue at the moment with no current workaround? Thx guys