Kodi Community Forum
Sumvision Cyclone X4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X4 (/showthread.php?tid=208233)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - babba - 2015-02-09

Hi bobones, yes I am running openelec. Did not know it had problems under openelec, in fact did not know it worked at all. Will be nice when it is though.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-02-10

Try the 5.0.1 build from here http://amlinux.ru/target/?C=M;O=D (just put tar file in \\openelec\update and reboot). You need to go into system/settings/system/input devices and enable CEC because it's off by default in this build. I think it works a lot better in this version but still not right.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-02-10

Are they ever going to fix screen tearing, I get really bad vertical tearing no matter the resolution.

I've never seen tearing. How can we reproduce the problem?

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - TheLegendOfMart - 2015-02-10

I give up this box is a pile of crap.

Just tried flashing back to stock Sumvision firmware and it failed something about verification.

Now the box boots but then just sits at openelec logo.

I've tried bootcard and pressing menu button but nothing works.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - chrisrbk - 2015-02-10

just put the tar file for 5.0.1 into the update folder and rebooted.

its rebooted itself a couple of times and for the last 10 minutes its been sat on a blank screen. the 'normally' violet led is blue.

how long should i wait till i pull the plug?

(updating from 5.0.0)

ahhhhhh!

@chrisbk did you use the tv110 tar file? I have never had a problem with a tar update. Anyway, it might not be outputting on the HDMI so see if you can log on with putty. If not, you're going to have to create a bootable sd card with a recovery program and boot it into recovery by pressing the reset button. Read back through the thread for more details.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - chrisrbk - 2015-02-11

think its dead,

downloaded the stuff from your drop box, followed the instructions to the letter, even popped the lid off so i could be 100% i was pressing the button correctly but nothing..

this is what I'm getting...

plug power lead in, led is red, amlogic logo appears on screen. (never seen this before the update failed)

after 3-5 seconds the led goes blue and the screen goes blank.

I've tried all sorts of combinations but nothing seems to go into any sort of menu. gutted...

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - bobones - 2015-02-11

Sounds to me like you flashed one of the zip files and did not use the tar update because you've flashed the amlogic bootlogo and wrong bootloader from kerber's builds. If you used the tar file you wouldn't have touched these. Anyway, I've been in this situation a few times and just inserting an SD with the correct bootloader should get it to boot. Try a different SD and make sure you are flashing the bootloader.bin file included in my zip package because it defaults to a different one.

The first thing I did was download the tv110 tar file and drop it into the update folder and rebooted.
The fault then was..

Power on, minix logo displayed, then black screen.

I the downloaded the TV 110 .zip file, extracted contents to sd card and put it in box, and rebooted tapping menu button.

I got an android bot picture with a progress bar and when it finished it restarted and all I get now is amlogic logo.

I tried multiple times this morning following your instructions to the letter about using the boot maker program and coping the twrp (?) folder and the other file but it just doesn't do anything :-(

You've flashed a dodgy bootloader. Are you definitely using the bootloader.bin file from my zip using the bootcardmaker.exe file and not u-boot.bin? Every time I've flashed a bad booloader, just inserting an SD with the correct bootloader will boot the box. If you get to the black screen then it's progress and you can probably fix it.

Yes I followed exactly to the letter. I tried....

Press and hold reset button, power on keeping reset button held in for 20 seconds plus, nothing happens.

I've also tried powering on and tapping the menu key on remote, nothing happens.

RE: Sumvision Cyclone X4 - lstar337 - 2015-02-11

I get the tearing on all skins, even confluence though it is less noticeable. You need to use one of the views where the posters are moving 'Slide' on Refocus does it, 'Poster Shift' on Titan, not sure what it is called on Confluence.

It is the one of the last annoyances on my set-up, that along with desperately slow Samba performance! Is anybody getting copy speeds over 1mb/s across their network?

@bobones, the crashing has stopped on both mine and my friends boxes. I think the box was either still compiling the media library in the background (even though it said it had finished), or it was related to the total duration count timer. Either way, after a while it just stops crashing.

I would use a different SD and try the techniques here. Sorry I can't be of more use as what I have said always works for me. I have never had a box that I couldn't recover from an apparently bricked state.
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?22682-Howto-easy-unbrick-S805-Vibox-Dazzle-Sourcebay-xs805-a-shure-m201-TV-Box

(2015-02-11, 14:13)lstar337 Wrote: I get the tearing on all skins, even confluence though it is less noticeable. You need to use one of the views where the posters are moving 'Slide' on Refocus does it, 'Poster Shift' on Titan, not sure what it is called on Confluence.

It is the one of the last annoyances on my set-up, that along with desperately slow Samba performance! Is anybody getting copy speeds over 1mb/s across their network?

@bobones, the crashing has stopped on both mine and my friends boxes. I think the box was either still compiling the media library in the background (even though it said it had finished), or it was related to the total duration count timer. Either way, after a while it just stops crashing.

I'll have another look for the tearing, but Kerber has asked to a see a video of the problem over on xbmc.ru

My samba performance is absolutely fine even over wifi. I would look for problem elsewhere than the box, e.g. dodgy cable or switch or router, something interfering. Try to simplify the network to only the components needed to test samba.