Kodi Community Forum
WIP adsp.biquad.filters - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Audio DSP (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=235)
+---- Thread: WIP adsp.biquad.filters (/showthread.php?tid=218756)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2016-05-13

This is strange. It remembered one of my previous settings (not optimal). If i change values while playback video, they applies. However, after I restart playback, again it applies invalid, old settings but sliders values are correct.

I'm not sure what's going on. Looking into addon data, values in xml are valid but addon applies different ones. Where are they stored?

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2016-05-13

Normally the files are stored in the user folder under Linux. ~/.kodi/userdata/ but I'm not very familiar with OpenElec's structure. There should be a folder adsp.bqiaud.filters and it should contain the xml settings file that stores the slider values.

But I guess it is really a bug in the message system that is used in adsp.biquad.filters.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2016-05-13

I deleted config in userdata and also addon database. Now, slider values still applies on playback but after restart playback it applies default values instead of set ones. I need to touch slider, to get its value is applied. For each single slider. Displayed slider values are ok, but not applied until I touch each of them.

This is really bad behaviour...

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2016-05-13

What I said the addon still has some bugs. Someone else already mentioned similiar problems...

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - extremeaudio - 2016-05-22

Superb!

Do incorporate a high cut/ low cut type filter with adjustable frequency and slope if possible.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2016-05-22

Hi community,

I like to announce that the next release of our AudioDSP add-ons will support the skins Estuary and Estouchy.
Furthermore adsp.biquad.filters will receive vertical sliders. Thanks ronie for the initial work.

@ll
Do you prefer to also get vertical sliders for Confluence?

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-13, 23:22)wisler Wrote: What I said the addon still has some bugs. Someone else already mentioned similiar problems...

Hi ,
Is there anything I can do to help to this issue to be addressed? Your addon is absolutely must have for me, but issues I mentioned makes it useless actually. This is big shame, if you need some logs etc or anything else, plese let me know

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - adit - 2016-06-05

Hello!
I looked a little bit deep into it, and find as expected a small bug, which had unfortunately big impact and brings this strange behaviour @giaur mentioned. In fact add-on is doing its job but there is a problem of saving parameters. Here we go!

First I deleted parametricEQSettings.xml from userdata/addon_data/adsp.biquad.filters, started a song then I set EQ parametes as follows:

Preamp 1db
32 Hz 2 db
64 Hz 3 db
125 Hz 4 db
8 kHz 10 db
16 kHz 11 db

All good for now, addon working.
Then press OK saving parameters, this mean generating new parametricEQSettings.xml file, looked into it and get next result:

</settings_group>
<settings_group sub_category="gain_10_bands" group_name="front right">
<setting key="gain_32Hz" float="1" />
<setting key="gain_64Hz" float="2" />
<setting key="gain_125Hz" float="3" />
<setting key="gain_250Hz" float="4" />
<setting key="gain_500Hz" float="5" />
<setting key="gain_1kHz" float="6" />
<setting key="gain_2kHz" float="7" />
<setting key="gain_4kHz" float="8" />
<setting key="gain_8kHz" float="9" />
<setting key="gain_16kHz" float="10" />
<setting key="gain_post" float="11" />

If you compare settings with saved parameters you get it.. 32 Hz value is 1 instead of 2, 64 Hz is 2 instead of 3, ... 16 kHz is 10 instead of 11, and gain_post which is preamp I think should be 1 instead of 11. This mean that each value is shifted one position. This also mean that at next song you do not get what you expect..

So I hope this info is helpfull and I'm sure @wisler will fix it, because is minor issue and this add-on is really amazing.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2016-06-06

Hi adit,

thanks. You're right the corresponding settings need to be changed. I saw the issue in the source code of the EQ settings class.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - adit - 2016-06-07

Glad to help, waiting fix in next release!

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2016-06-10

Excellent, so bug is addresed now? Is there any workaround until fix applied?

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2016-06-10

Ok, I figured it out. Saving sliders values is broken. Need to edit xml directly and put needed values there. Then save file and all is ok.

So, issue should not be very hard tp fix

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2016-06-10

In my local sources I have fixed it. But I would like to add more debug logging message that allows to watch the settings in the logging file when debug logging is enabled. I guess it will take some days.
If you use Jarvis then you will have to manually install the addon or use our nightly builds, which will include the fix.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2016-06-11

My situation is a bit more complicated, I'm using unofficial Openelec build for OrangePI, so I guess I will need to wait for next build

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - adit - 2016-06-11

Until then you can use workaround you found, or easyer, consider first 10 sliders from top to adjust EQ curve according to your needs, and one from bottom as Preamp setting. Will not sound as you like during setup, but starting from next play will be as expected. That's how I use it for now, until fix available.