Kodi Community Forum
WIP adsp.biquad.filters - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Audio DSP (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=235)
+---- Thread: WIP adsp.biquad.filters (/showthread.php?tid=218756)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - abrombo - 2017-11-26

(2017-11-26, 20:53)AchimTuran Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 10:49)giaur Wrote: Project seems to be not alive anymore (looking at github, latest commit date). This is sad.

As there are no public commits it doesn't represent the current state. Please read my other threads and you will see there is a major rework of AudioDSP until this rework is done I will no do any work for this add-on. 

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - abrombo - 2017-11-26

A possible alternative for linux systems is to use ecasound.  I am configuring my system as stereo with two full range three way speakers (two cbt36k's and two subwoofers) with dsp crossover and equalization.  A large free selection of dsp filters are available for ecasound.  For an example see -

http://rtaylor.sites.tru.ca/2013/06/25/digital-crossovereq-with-open-source-software-howto/

One problem is that Kodi does not allow piping the audio output to another application.  I am getting around that problem by using a Xonar D2 sound card with s/pdif input and output.  Kodi audio output is sent to the s/pdif output and the s/pdif output is connected (coax) to the s/pdif input.  Ecasound then takes the stream from the s/pdif input and applies the audio processing (see link above) and then sends the processed audio to the analog output of the sound card or the hdmi output of my video card (hdmi output is going to a surround sound preamp).  After I get everything working I will document it and make the documentation available.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - sakos - 2017-12-10

(2017-11-21, 00:52)N00dle Wrote: Hoping to find some answers here! I'm desperately looking for some kind of equalizer, which I understand is included in this filter. I'm running KODI on raspbian. Is it currently possible to load this plugin somehow?
 I am still using Libreelec 7.90.008 on my kitchen RPi netradio. This is the latest build containing the adsp biquad filters. The equalizer is working like a charm.  I cannot upgrade to newer Kodi and have some important fixes until ADSP is back. Sad

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2018-03-25

Hello,

What is current status? Can I use your equalizer addon on RaspberryPI with latest Openelec/LibreElec?

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2018-03-30

Hi,

sorry that I have to disappoint you and the entire community, but there is currently no progress for AudioDSP V2. I didn't had time to continue the work for the AudioDSP feature of Kodi. I'm currently very busy and my time for Kodi is more or less zero.
There is also no solution to use AudioDSP with the official Kodi builds, it would be only possible of someone continues my work.

I hope that the situation will change this year. As usual I will shre the progress and status here or with my Twitter account.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2018-03-30

Hi,

This is actually sad news. Thanks for response though, I hope this project won't die

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - Rjsachse - 2018-04-03

yes very sad. personally i think adsp is/was the best part of kodi. i think a lot of people didn't know about adsp

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2018-09-20

Nothing changed? Nobody able to continue project?

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2019-02-27

Sorry giaur, I did not do any further development. Sad
So far I know nobody picked up the task. Hopefully there will be more developers, which want to continue to work on this project. I'm currently focusing on the tooling for binary add-on development as this was a huge gap during AudioDSP binary add-on development. In my view this is also missing for all signal processing applications, which are written in C/C++. This is the reason why I focused on the issue during the last months. It's currently a closed source project, which can be extended by so called environment plugins. Consequently every signal processing code base even AudioDSP add-ons can be integrated for testing and developing. At the time of writing the most features, which I missed, are implemented now a prototype. But the code base of this tool still needs more love for a first release.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2019-02-27

AchimTuran, thanks for response. From what I understand, there is stil some hope that AudioDSP support will eventually back to Kodi.

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - AchimTuran - 2019-02-27

Yes! But I currently can't say when the support will be back or I find the time to finish the integration of AudioDSP V2.0. But I will let the community know. Furthermore I'm pretty sure that I will need alpha testers. Wink

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - giaur - 2019-02-27

I can test on Linux and Android, I also own RPi (1st generation though, so probably useless)

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - martin.klein - 2019-04-05

Available as Alpha Tester ! On both Windows and Raspi (Libreelec) versions ! Just contact me !
With kind regards
Martin

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - polarrys - 2019-04-17

(2019-04-05, 07:11)martin.klein Wrote: Available as Alpha Tester ! On both Windows and Raspi (Libreelec) versions ! Just contact me !
With kind regards
Martin
martin.klein GREAT NEW !!!

Please tell more. I'm really exciting

RE: adsp.biquad.filters - polarrys - 2019-04-23

martin.klein I send you a PM but I don't have an answer.

Please, can you tell us more about your program ?

Regards.