Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=220677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-01-07

(2017-01-07, 01:03)03stevensmi Wrote: Does this work on the nvidia shield tv using the
Logitech Harmony 350 Remote?

I've just order 1 and have no Idea what I'm getting myself in for!
If it just works simply without delay (eg. Just the directional buttons & the select etc)
I will be happy!

But if I can use the play buttons etc then It obviously will make
Me happier! (If it works!)

But really I'm only going for this remote for more comfort use
Then for serious use! If it's stable, I don't care! As long as it's fast
And the delay fix acualy works then I'm happy!

But I would really like to know if the kodi feature is available
For the Nvdia Shield TV Using The 350 Remote!

Cheers
03stevemsmi
Wink

You might be better off using the Shield as a device in the Harmony database. But you can try MCE Keyboard with an external receiver for fun.

Please report here if using an external receiver works while using the Shield. I am curious, myself.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - HTFanatic - 2017-01-07

(2017-01-06, 18:51)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 17:59)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2016-01-13, 16:16)LaRocK Wrote: Hi All

Just wanted to say thanks to Warner for setting up this guide it has saved me tearing out what's left of my hair.

Running an HTPC on windows 10 home with Microsoft A9O-00007 IR receiver and a Harmony 555 remote. I have set everything up as per the guide in the harmony software with MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE as devices along with my TV and logitech surround system. Created activities for TV and Kodi and programmed the Kodi activity with the Basic Keymap Command List: as per the guide.

The issue I am having is that I can start Kodi with the remote and use the four buttons either side of the lcd screen to navigate and use functions, however none of the other keys on my remote work in Kodi for (play, stop, menu, back, arrow up, down, left, right etc.). I have kind of hit a blonde moment now where I am looking through the harmony software to try and figure out what I have set up wrong or if I am missing something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated as I'm almost at the finishing line and falling at the last hurdle, Thanks!

This is EXACTLY the same problem that I am having right now.
For 1 entire year, my buttons that are having a problem WORKED FLAWLESSLY ("Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward") but after restoring my OS
to the original state of the PC, and then re-installing Kodi, I'm having this same problem.
I know that my "Play" etc buttons work, because I programmed the "Play" button to another device's function, but I can't get them to control Kodi.
I am a person that enjoys a challenge but this is getting ridiculous.
Tonight I will have to reload the OS again and then re-install Kodi and see what happens.
*bangs his head against a wall for infinity*

Did you ever figure out a solution to getting your "Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward" to work with Kodi?
If so, what did you do?

I think I may have found a possible solution (see the bottom/last posts in the link below).

Last night I DID remove the eHome Receiver in Device Manager and then rebooted the PC to see if that will re-install the Microsoft eHome Receiver correctly, but
alas, it didn't work.

Tonight I will try this "disable the MS eHome Receiver" and then "scan for hardware changes" as described in the link below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/170347-rc6-mce-remote-not-working-correctly.html

I will post my result.

Problem solved!!!
All I did was take out the USB connection for the eHome Receiver and put it back into the PC into a different USB slot, but before that, I removed
the Microsoft eHome Interface device in Device Manager, then I synced the remote and all of the buttons that did not work, now worked (ie Play, Stop, Pause, Rewind, and Fast forward). My only dismay is that I wished I had tried this sooner. If anyone else has a problem like I did where only a few buttons did not work, but the rest of the buttons on the Harmony remote did work, then try what I did!
What a great way to start a weekend!!!!! Yayyy!!

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - 03stevensmi - 2017-01-07

(2017-01-07, 02:37)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 01:03)03stevensmi Wrote: Does this work on the nvidia shield tv using the
Logitech Harmony 350 Remote?

I've just order 1 and have no Idea what I'm getting myself in for!
If it just works simply without delay (eg. Just the directional buttons & the select etc)
I will be happy!

But if I can use the play buttons etc then It obviously will make
Me happier! (If it works!)

But really I'm only going for this remote for more comfort use
Then for serious use! If it's stable, I don't care! As long as it's fast
And the delay fix acualy works then I'm happy!

But I would really like to know if the kodi feature is available
For the Nvdia Shield TV Using The 350 Remote!

Cheers
03stevemsmi
Wink

You might be better off using the Shield as a device in the Harmony database. But you can try MCE Keyboard with an external receiver for fun.

Please report here if using an external receiver works while using the Shield. I am curious, myself.
I don't think the 350 comes with an external receiver!
If it does, I'll check it out and let you know!
But I only have £10 to splurge so I don't think I'll be
Getting one from the store!
(I don't do online shopping for various reasons!)

Cheers
03stevensmi
Wink

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - HTFanatic - 2017-01-09

(2017-01-07, 03:45)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 18:51)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2017-01-06, 17:59)HTFanatic Wrote: This is EXACTLY the same problem that I am having right now.
For 1 entire year, my buttons that are having a problem WORKED FLAWLESSLY ("Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward") but after restoring my OS
to the original state of the PC, and then re-installing Kodi, I'm having this same problem.
I know that my "Play" etc buttons work, because I programmed the "Play" button to another device's function, but I can't get them to control Kodi.
I am a person that enjoys a challenge but this is getting ridiculous.
Tonight I will have to reload the OS again and then re-install Kodi and see what happens.
*bangs his head against a wall for infinity*

Did you ever figure out a solution to getting your "Play", "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind" "Fast Forward" to work with Kodi?
If so, what did you do?

I think I may have found a possible solution (see the bottom/last posts in the link below).

Last night I DID remove the eHome Receiver in Device Manager and then rebooted the PC to see if that will re-install the Microsoft eHome Receiver correctly, but
alas, it didn't work.

Tonight I will try this "disable the MS eHome Receiver" and then "scan for hardware changes" as described in the link below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/media-center/170347-rc6-mce-remote-not-working-correctly.html

I will post my result.

Problem solved!!!
All I did was take out the USB connection for the eHome Receiver and put it back into the PC into a different USB slot, but before that, I removed
the Microsoft eHome Interface device in Device Manager, then I synced the remote and all of the buttons that did not work, now worked (ie Play, Stop, Pause, Rewind, and Fast forward). My only dismay is that I wished I had tried this sooner. If anyone else has a problem like I did where only a few buttons did not work, but the rest of the buttons on the Harmony remote did work, then try what I did!
What a great way to start a weekend!!!!! Yayyy!!

Small update with my Harmony remote "some of the buttons" not working saga...
After I removed the Microsoft eHome Receiver and re-installed it (the physical USB cable) and it worked, I watched a movie.
But the next day, when I went to test out the Harmony remote before the next movie, the same buttons didn't work while everything else did (Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, and Rewind did not work).

All I did was physically remove the Microsoft eHome Receiver USB connection and plug it back in and it then worked.

I'll keep you guys updated if it keeps happening and let you know how this story pans out....

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - aur0n - 2017-01-31

Quick question: I currently own a Rii Mini i8 and I'd like to get an Harmony.

Will I be able to set it up with the Rii receiver I already use?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-01-31

(2017-01-31, 20:46)aur0n Wrote: Quick question: I currently own a Rii Mini i8 and I'd like to get an Harmony.

Is it an IR receiver? If so, you have to determine whether or not it uses the eHome driver as per the guide.

Edit: Looks like a wifi keyboard. In that case, the Harmony can't control it.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - IIIdefconIII - 2017-02-01

(2017-01-31, 21:36)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 20:46)aur0n Wrote: Quick question: I currently own a Rii Mini i8 and I'd like to get an Harmony.

Is it an IR receiver? If so, you have to determine whether or not it uses the eHome driver as per the guide.

Edit: Looks like a wifi keyboard. In that case, the Harmony can't control it.

FOR HARMONY i recommend bluetooth

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - oncdoc - 2017-02-04

Ive installed libreelec alpha (latest) on odroid c2. Harmony under Microsoft ---> Kodi.

- does not power on? but with unplugging everything works fine.

I'm ok leaving the unit on all the time but how do I configure the harmony app on my iPhone to do that? Or is there a setting on LE?

Thanks in advance.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - stigdu - 2017-02-04

Looking for some advice.

I'm using a Harmony 950 remote with KODI on my Amazon Fire TV. When I'm watching a film and I hit 'stop' on the remote, I am returned to the main screen (good) but the film keeps playing in the background (not so good).

Is there a simple way to change the behaviour so that the STOP button actually does stop the film, rather than me having to bring up the on-screen playback and select 'stop' in there? Thanks!

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-02-05

(2017-02-04, 23:43)stigdu Wrote: Looking for some advice.

I'm using a Harmony 950 remote with KODI on my Amazon Fire TV. When I'm watching a film and I hit 'stop' on the remote, I am returned to the main screen (good) but the film keeps playing in the background (not so good).

Is there a simple way to change the behaviour so that the STOP button actually does stop the film, rather than me having to bring up the on-screen playback and select 'stop' in there? Thanks!

This is a Windows tutorial, so I don't know if you'll find help here. Find the Android help page.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - donbrew - 2017-02-05

Today I happened to find an old Logitech Harmony 520 in the junk drawer. I fired up the Logitech Harmony Software that was still on my computer, version 7.7.0.

I have a Raspberry Pi 1B with LibreELEC and a GPIO IR receiver that has been programmed for an old Hauppauge 45 button remote.

Surprise! I just chose Media Center Computer then Kodi. Then chose verify remote codes and followed directions. Did the basic setup and done.

Works just like the Hauppauge remote (RC5) and the TV remote (Polaroid) used to.

The point is the software can identify the remote for you. It is just kind of hidden and oddly named.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Talguy - 2017-03-01

So I have picked up a Harmony Elite and started to integrate it into my Setup. I have linked the remote to my HTPC (windows based) as a bluetooth keyboard and it seems to be responding in Kodi nice and quick. Possible as quicker or quicker than my Tivo Slide Pro remote with Eventghost. One thing I'm wondering is, what is everyone strategy for turning your HTPC on/off using this remote?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-03-01

(2017-03-01, 20:54)Talguy Wrote: So I have picked up a Harmony Elite and started to integrate it into my Setup. I have linked the remote to my HTPC (windows based) as a bluetooth keyboard and it seems to be responding in Kodi nice and quick. Possible as quicker or quicker than my Tivo Slide Pro remote with Eventghost. One thing I'm wondering is, what is everyone strategy for turning your HTPC on/off using this remote?

I put my HTPC to sleep. Most CPU motherboards are not designed to power off completely.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Talguy - 2017-03-01

(2017-03-01, 21:49)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 20:54)Talguy Wrote: So I have picked up a Harmony Elite and started to integrate it into my Setup. I have linked the remote to my HTPC (windows based) as a bluetooth keyboard and it seems to be responding in Kodi nice and quick. Possible as quicker or quicker than my Tivo Slide Pro remote with Eventghost. One thing I'm wondering is, what is everyone strategy for turning your HTPC on/off using this remote?

I put my HTPC to sleep. Most CPU motherboards are not designed to power off completely.
So like an S3 state? Do you put it to sleep via the remote?

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-03-01

(2017-03-01, 22:11)Talguy Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 21:49)Warner306 Wrote:

So like an S3 state? Do you put it to sleep via the remote?

Yes, S3 with remote.