Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=220677)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - conca - 2017-03-02

Hi guys
How can I configure my armony to see the live tv guide ?
with the keyboard is "E" letter and it works, but I tryed to use "E" in te MCE Keyboard in harmony but doesn?t works
any ideas ?
thnks

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-03-02

(2017-03-02, 20:41)conca Wrote: Hi guys
How can I configure my armony to see the live tv guide ?
with the keyboard is "E" letter and it works, but I tryed to use "E" in te MCE Keyboard in harmony but doesn?t works
any ideas ?
thnks

You could try a keyboard.xml and use a key you know works.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - zeppo33 - 2017-03-08

Basic info first:
Windows 10
IR: HP OVU400102/71
Kodi 17.0
Remote: Harmony One

Problem: Any command that includes something "standard" like t, m, i or win-button takes forever to react. When using play/pause/stop/arrows and the lot, there is absolutely no delay. I have toyed with all delay settings, just to find that if I put any of them above 0ms it just takes even longer.
My solution so far is to hold down the button for example for "m" for up to 15 seconds until the menu finally shows up.
The problem exist outside of Kodi, tested in notepad, it reacts just as slowly - it must be a Windows/Harmony problem.

Microsoft eHome MCIR 109
Microsoft eHome MCIR
Microsoft eHome Remote control (loosely translated from Danish)
If the remote control, controls the left, right, ok, stop, play etc. - I just need to find out why the others are not working as fast.
I am not sure what the exact difference is between the 3 installed eHome devices are, but I think there could be a problem with one of the drivers.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

Update 2017.03.16
Got hold of a new IR blaster: Microsoft 1040 - it works perfectly.
Seems the HP OVU400102/71 is showing its odd behaviour here.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Nina35 - 2017-03-10

Thx for the guide. It's just what I needed. I ask you if I have some problems to configure mine.

http://main-de-fatma.net/

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - delboy666 - 2017-03-21

Hey i have a question, I use kodi to watch live tv. does anyone have any idea how i can use the favourite channels feature on my harmony ultimate? I have been looking for a way to start live tv from a keyboard shortcut but not having any luck. any advice would be useful. Thanks.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Bakabak - 2017-03-24

(2017-03-21, 01:02)delboy666 Wrote: Hey i have a question, I use kodi to watch live tv. does anyone have any idea how i can use the favourite channels feature on my harmony ultimate? I have been looking for a way to start live tv from a keyboard shortcut but not having any luck. any advice would be useful. Thanks.
I don't no sorry but I'm interested if someone can help.
Thx

http://www.commentfairelamour.net/

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - twinpeaks - 2017-03-31

I'm having the same problem with both my Harmony 900 and my Harmony Elite. If IMON has "MCE remote" as the remote controller, I get double keypresses on my cursor movement. I spent about an hour an a half the other day working on that problem. I got nowhere. It is a common problem mostly solved by adjusting a couple keypress delay type settings but that did not work for me. What I did find is if I toggle the remote to either "imon PAD" or "Imon Mini" in the Imon Manager, I do not get double keypresses. However, none of the power buttons work. Argh! One or the other. Manually powering the thing up by walking over to it is less annoying than the double keypresses which essentially make the remote unuseable. I think I'm going to try training the remote under MCE to listen to my keyboard arrow presses - because those are always fine...I'll report back. Just thought of it as I was typing Smile

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Captor - 2017-04-17

Hi
I wonder what remote to buy for in the easiest way make it to work?
I have read in the forum and it look like the remote business is very complicated to make work. I do not understand much of it so that is why I ask this question.

Best Regards
Captor

PS. By no I have this Imon and after installing the new Kodi 17.1 it is not working anymore. I was thinking that it maybe is more easy to buy a new one if there is something less complicated out there.

I have the latest windows 10 pro

Thanks

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-17, 18:32)Captor Wrote: Hi
I wonder what remote to buy for in the easiest way make it to work?
I have read in the forum and it look like the remote business is very complicated to make work. I do not understand much of it so that is why I ask this question.

Best Regards
Captor

PS. By no I have this Imon and after installing the new Kodi 17.1 it is not working anymore. I was thinking that it maybe is more easy to buy a new one if there is something less complicated out there.

I have the latest windows 10 pro

Thanks

I recommend the Harmony 650. It is simple and easy to use. This guide references the 650 with an image of the remote.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Captor - 2017-04-17

Hi Warner
Thank you very much. I will definetly look into that. Is that a non ehome device?
Do I have to think about something special or can I only just install it?

In the meantime my imon started to work again. But I am tired of it. I can not sit to far away with this remote from the PC. So I will buy something else anyway. It is time:-)

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-04-17

(2017-04-17, 19:16)Captor Wrote: Hi Warner
Thank you very much. I will definetly look into that. Is that a non ehome device?
Do I have to think about something special or can I only just install it?

In the meantime my imon started to work again. But I am tired of it. I can not sit to far away with this remote from the PC. So I will buy something else anyway. It is time:-)

You also need an IR receiver to plug into your PC. Suggested IR receivers are provided in this guide,

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - SWANjr - 2017-04-24

Hi,guys,can you answer me.I got harmony 650 & IR reciver Xenta SE340D with remote.I have teach harmony without any problem.BUT I using 2 displays(monitor and TV),and my problem is focus window.when my wife using Windows -harmony use focus window(not Kodi).Are your setting in topic have the same problem,or my harmony will work only with program Kodi and don't using windows.
PS.sorry for my English! I'm from Russia)))Smile
Windows 10 Pro\Xenta SE340D\Harmony 650

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - ozzyc - 2017-04-25

hey,
I am trying to control kodi on a raspberry pi 3 with a harmony 900 and an HP 5187-4593 receiver
the only thing that i cant seem to get to work is the backspace and ESC keys which means any time im in a menu i cant get out of it but USB keyboard connected works just fine
I have read that the MCE keyboard is sending 'MCE backspace' instead of a keyboard backspace though i found that in a very old post and am not sure if that still is an issue or not. I am using the Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.7.1 and when editing the MCE keyboard all I see is button Backspace is mapped to command Backspace, nothing specifies MCE or not
I have tried to do some searching but haven't found much info that I understood
anybody that can point me in the right direction?

thanks

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-04-25

(2017-04-25, 01:49)ozzyc Wrote: hey,
I am trying to control kodi on a raspberry pi 3 with a harmony 900 and an HP 5187-4593 receiver
the only thing that i cant seem to get to work is the backspace and ESC keys which means any time im in a menu i cant get out of it but USB keyboard connected works just fine
I have read that the MCE keyboard is sending 'MCE backspace' instead of a keyboard backspace though i found that in a very old post and am not sure if that still is an issue or not. I am using the Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.7.1 and when editing the MCE keyboard all I see is button Backspace is mapped to command Backspace, nothing specifies MCE or not
I have tried to do some searching but haven't found much info that I understood
anybody that can point me in the right direction?

thanks

You could try assigning another key to backspace via a keyboard.xml.

keyboard.xml (Letter n):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<n>Back</n>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

That or buy another IR receiver. One of the ones recommended on the first page.

RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - Warner306 - 2017-04-25

(2017-04-24, 20:27)SWANjr Wrote: Hi,guys,can you answer me.I got harmony 650 & IR reciver Xenta SE340D with remote.I have teach harmony without any problem.BUT I using 2 displays(monitor and TV),and my problem is focus window.when my wife using Windows -harmony use focus window(not Kodi).Are your setting in topic have the same problem,or my harmony will work only with program Kodi and don't using windows.
PS.sorry for my English! I'm from Russia)))Smile
Windows 10 Pro\Xenta SE340D\Harmony 650

I am not sure what you are asking.