Kodi Community Forum
Release Library Node Editor - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Library Node Editor (/showthread.php?tid=224512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Library Node Editor - vonson - 2022-06-01

To me it seems that all the video-customizations only work when accessed from the video-menu. It is the same with movies. When entering 'movies' from the main menu I get an unfiltered list; when I step up a level the elements (genre, title etc.) are the unaltered default ones, no customization present. One step up again in the menu leads to the video menu, and when now entering movies the customization is there.

So it seems the main menu simply does not link to userdata\library\video\movies and userdata\library\video\musicvideos.

RE: Library Node Editor - Juan Mortyme - 2022-06-01

@vonson 

No, I haven't documented the process as there are so many different ways to achieve any particular result depending on how complete the info for the files are and how your video folders layout is structured.

In order to directly access your custom nodes you must edit the menu. This is key to one click access. Just creating nodes is only half of the process. In fact you can do a lot of customization just by editing the menu without fiddling around with the nodes. The level of menu customization and ease to do it varies from skin to skin making it impossible to create a definitive guide.

Anyway, we are getting off topic for this thread so I'll PM you.

RE: Library Node Editor - A.Share - 2022-09-19

Hi,

i have the same problem like some others here in this thread moving category nodes with the library node editor. I get an empty node list when i try to move a node (like the picture a few posts above).

I used the default Estuary skin with Kodi 19.4 64bit on Windows 10 64bit, and did also some test installations under Windows 8.1 64bit (Kodi 19.4 32 + 64bit), Windows 7 64bit. On all tested Windows versions i got a empty node list while i try to move some category nodes (eg. sets or recently added). On my linux clients (coreelec 19.x) there is not such a problem.

I found out as soon as the library node editor is installed the index.xml files below Userdata\library\video\movies / musicvideos / tvshows will not written correctly.

The default index.xml files from the installation directory shows like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
    <label>342</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
</node>

With the addon installed these index.xml will be overwritten on every startup with something like:

<node order="17" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
    <label>342</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
</node>

The first line "<?xml version="1.0"...." is missing on all index.xml files. This happends on my coreelec clients too, but its look like linux doesent care about the xml version string.

RE: Library Node Editor - Chalklands - 2022-10-11

Hello,
Not sure if anybody can help or point me in the right direction?

I have a lot of music videos in two folders: 'Music Videos' and 'Music Concerts' all as type 'Music Videos'.

Within each folder there are sub folders for artists: Genesis, Chvrches, Muse etc.

I've created the following parent node to just show content from the Music Concerts folder:

Rule Path contains nfs://xxx.xxx.x.xx/volume1/Media/Music Concerts

Within the parent node I've created a node:

Content: Music videos
Rule: Path contains concerts

All well and good, It just shows Music Concerts. However this shows a long a-z list of every Music concert within 'Music Concerts' (eg Chvrches - Concert A, Chvrches - Concert B, Genesis - Concert A etc etc)
I want to show Artists listed alphabetically, and when I click on an artist, a list of concerts for the particular artist.

If I add a grouping to the node:
Grouping: Artists
I get a list of artists (Genesis, Chvrches etc) as I want , but when I select an artist, it shows ALL the Music concerts and Music videos for the artist, not just the concerts.

What am I doing wrong? Can anybody give me some advice please?

Thanks

RE: Library Node Editor - Juan Mortyme - 2022-10-11

(2022-10-11, 10:46)Chalklands Wrote: If I add a grouping to the node:
I get a list of artists (Genesis, Chvrches etc) as I want , but when I select an artist, it shows ALL the Music concerts and Music videos for the artist, not just the concerts.

I have a lot of music videos in two folders: 'Music Videos' and 'Music Concerts' all as type 'Music Videos'.
@Chalklands 

Simple answer is because have them are all scanned as Music Videos.

There are several methods you can employ to limit the display results to mv or concerts. The simplest way since you already have them in separate source folders would be to create separate Artist nodes with rules based on the 'file path' and make menu/submenu items pointing to those nodes. A couple of other options would be to add a 'Genre' or 'Tag' named "Music Video" or "Concert" then create custom menu or submenu item that points to only the desired genre or tag. Or, if you don't want to or the skin won't allow you to customize the menu you could simply filter displayed results. Essentially you need to separate them by using either node rules, display filter or playlist. There are many parameters available for creating rules, filters and playlists.

RE: Library Node Editor - Chalklands - 2022-10-11

(2022-10-11, 14:01)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2022-10-11, 10:46)Chalklands Wrote: If I add a grouping to the node:

@Chalklands 

Simple answer is because have them are all scanned as Music Videos.

There are several methods you can employ to limit the display results to mv or concerts. The simplest way since you already have them in separate source folders would be to create separate Artist nodes with rules based on the 'file path' and make menu/submenu items pointing to those nodes. A couple of other options would be to add a 'Genre' or 'Tag' named "Music Video" or "Concert" then create custom menu or submenu item that points to only the desired genre or tag. Or, if you don't want to or the skin won't allow you to customize the menu you could simply filter displayed results. Essentially you need to separate them by using either node rules, display filter or playlist. There are many parameters available for creating rules, filters and playlists.
Thanks for your advice.
But how do I set up a node to only include files from a specific folder and nothing else? I can set one up to do that but it just shows all videos listed a-z. If I select grouping by artist it shows all content from both Music videos and music concerts. All I want to do is create a node that shows music videos by artist, excluding music concerts. Does that make sense? I've used emby before. and that is an easy thing to do. So what I want to do, is create a node grouped by artist that excludes any content from the music concert folder. It's the artist grouping that seems to be the sticking point.

By the way, I'm using Aeon MQ8 on a Nvidia Shield.

RE: Library Node Editor - Juan Mortyme - 2022-10-12

@Chalklands 

Limiting what a node includes is done using rules. Create a new parent node (pick names other than Music Videos) within it create a rule 'Path>Starts with>PATH TO YOUR NUSIC VIDEOS FOLDER'. Do the same except use path to concerts folder to create a 'Concerts' node. 

There are tutorials on how to create nodes in the Wiki and videos on YouTube. The MQ skins have customizable menus albeit method is confusing. The thing to remember when creating the new menu/submenu items is to start with 'Audio Nodes' or 'Video Nodes' (depending where you created nodes) rather than the default 'Music' or 'Concerts (Music Videos)' selections.

The YouTube tutorials on both subjects no doubt explain them better than I could.

RE: Library Node Editor - vonson - 2022-11-23

Is there a way to get my custom music nodes (which filter my music library) to work in yatse?

RE: Library Node Editor - asturnauta - 2022-12-08

Hi

I am trying to organize my nodes but i can't move them. When i click on move node option, a new blank window appears with any option, only de 'Cancel' button.

I have tried to delete addon and the addon_data folder too, the reinstall addon, but the move node windows still blank.

How can i to fix this?

Thanks

RE: Library Node Editor - Juan Mortyme - 2022-12-09

(2022-12-08, 12:36)asturnauta Wrote: Hi

I am trying to organize my nodes but i can't move them. When i click on move node option, a new blank window appears with any option, only de 'Cancel' button.

I have tried to delete addon and the addon_data folder too, the reinstall addon, but the move node windows still blank.

How can i to fix this?

Thanks
@asturnauta 

Read this thread backwards. I'm pretty sure your question has been asked and answered already. I can't remember exactly the fix but I think it involves editing the library xml files and fixing the order number, the addon isn't doing it properly but after a few edit it should work. It is a bug that showed up with the change to Matrix. If you still can't get it work using the interface you can always set the order manually by editing the xml files. It's covered in the wiki.

RE: Library Node Editor - Dumyat - 2022-12-09

(2022-12-09, 02:13)Juan Mortyme Wrote:
(2022-12-08, 12:36)asturnauta Wrote: Hi

How can i to fix this?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure your question has been asked and answered already. I can't remember exactly the fix but I think it involves editing the library xml files and fixing the order number, the addon isn't doing it properly but after a few edit it should work. It is a bug that showed up with the change to Matrix. 
Yes, I reported the issue nearly 12 months ago. Details here: -
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224512&pid=3078228#pid3078228

I was asked to submit a debug log, which I did and even reminded the person that asked for it, but I never heard anything back.
I guess there were more pressing things to fix than this at the time.

RE: Library Node Editor - vonson - 2023-01-13

Hello everyone,

I have some problems. I have raised these before, but so far I was unable to solve them. I do not know if these are bugs or I am just making stupid mistakes, but so far I cannot find any solution, and other users have the same issues.
I'll try to give very detailed descriptions, because when I asked this before I am not sure if I was understood correctly.

There is some strange behaviour with the custom nodes in specific situations, I have two issues I'd like to address:

1. Issue: Artists get filtered, but not an artist's songs.

Description:
I tried to separate my library into different sections. I have separate music video source folders for short clips and long concert videos, and I have created custom nodes to filter for the path to have both sections (short clips and long concerts) separated in Kodi. The artist list is indeed filtered as expected, but when entering an artist all videos, short clips and long concerts, of this artist are shown. Obviously the filter rule is applied to the node itself, but not to the result.
This issue seems to be specific to the music videos section; at least in movies (and tv-series) I can create separate filtered sections, and in each of those the 'directors' node is filtered correctly and shows correctly filtered results.

2. Issue: Navigation to parent node does not work correctly.

Description:
I have modified my main menu to access custom nodes. When entering a custom node and exiting it via the two dots at the top of the list (not via return key) I'd expect to be placed in the parent node folder. But that does not happen, Kodi exits to some default node.

Let's say I have modified the movies node, there are only the categories
/library/video/movies/genres.xml
/library/video/movies/titles.xml
/library/video/movies/titles_by_year.xml
All are set up with filter rules.

I enter '/library/video/movies/titles_by_year.xml' from Kodi's main menu and get my filtered result. So far everything is fine.
Now I exit via the two dots on top of the list. I'd expect to be placed in my '/library/video/movies/' base node folder (parent folder of of 'titles_by_year.xml') and should see my categories 'genres', 'titles' and 'titles_by_year'. But that does not happen.
Instead Kodi exits to a default node setup with all the default categories (which, when entered, are all unfiltered).
I have to again exit this via the two dots on top of the list, this brings me to the base node folder '/library/video/', from here I can now access the movies node and finally have my custom filtered nodes availabe.

This issue happens with movies, series and music videos.
I haven't checked if it happens in the music section as well.

I hope my descriptions are comprehensible.

I would not know what a debug log would help since i do not get any errors, just unintuitive behaviour that can be reproduced quite easily.

Thanks,
vonson

RE: Library Node Editor - Shredder_guitar - 2023-11-24

I am unable to assign icons to a parent node in the music library... I see the message occuring below in the logs

https://paste.kodi.tv/orinokaxev.kodi

RE: Library Node Editor - crawfish - 2023-11-26

(2022-12-09, 20:32)Dumyat Wrote: Yes, I reported the issue nearly 12 months ago. Details here: -
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224512&pid=3078228#pid3078228

I was asked to submit a debug log, which I did and even reminded the person that asked for it, but I never heard anything back.
I guess there were more pressing things to fix than this at the time.

Was there ever a resolution to the "Move node" dialog being empty on Windows? It's fine on my Android installation, but Windows is bugging me. (Windows 11, Kodi 20.2)

RE: Library Node Editor - napster - 2023-12-18

This is a great add on and very helpful! Thanks for the devs who worked on it!

Am I right in saying that it's effectively a filter against any material in the database? That is to say, when you have added sources as 'None', you can't create a video node against it since there is nothing in the library?

I was able to create a main menu item which then has sub menu items which are video nodes (e.g. kids, Christmas) and that all works great but I can't seem to create a node for my None media (e.g. documentaries)