Kodi Community Forum
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV (/showthread.php?tid=229348)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Psychoteur - 2015-11-29

Hello,
I've got a bravia x85c. I did browse the thread and I've already had some answers.

4k videos over nfs - check -> waiting Jarvis (works fine with usb key)
and for the advancesettings.xml -> using kodi file manager

I've got an issue with the library manager.
Kodi doesn't see a second season folder inside "TV shows" but if I go -> Videos -> Files -> TVshows -> "desired shows" -> Season.02
I can play my file.

I thought it was a right access problem but "ls -al -> I've the same owner and owner group and permissions as season.01 folder.

Ideas ?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-11-29

http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows

as a general guidance I'd avoid using the "." in folder names - I see that it works for your Season.01 folder so it probably doesn't explain your issue but I'd give it a try and rename the folder.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - cowman4000 - 2015-11-30

Can anyone point me in the direction of optimizing KODI video quality?

I have an XBR-65X850C and the 1080P videos I stream over KODI are noticeably less crisp than when I stream these same videos over my WDTV live player.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-11-30

srsly I see no real difference between content streamed within native Kodi app and external HDMI player (apart from the 4k content obviously) - maybe you have different video display settings?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - cowman4000 - 2015-11-30

(2015-11-30, 22:33)Hannes The Hun Wrote: srsly I see no real difference between content streamed within native Kodi app and external HDMI player (apart from the 4k content obviously) - maybe you have different video display settings?

different video display settings for... what exactly? the TV or the KODI app?

It is a significant difference actually in my case. The 1080P videos streamed through KODI have more 'noise' and external streaming player hooked up through HDMI (WDTV live) has little to no noise when the same file is streamed.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Psychoteur - 2015-12-01

@Hannes The Hunt

After some searching I fix it.

Using '.' is not a problem, but kodi doesn't like having both ' ' and '.' . By the way I use sickrage so I checked my naming convention.
After forcing a full scan with naming it works at 99%

I had to fix "Marvel's.Agents.of.S.H.I.E.L.D" to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"
Still got problem with "cauchemar en cuisine" and "cauchemar à l'hôtel".

I use the dot because it's annoying inside a shell with mac keyboards to type "\"

I don't have the problem on my main computer so it's why I didn't thing at first about naming convention.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Koying - 2015-12-01

Yeah Smile
Just got an email from Sony saying there's an update coming in fixing the most glaring bugs of the TV (reboots, black screen, sluggish remote ...)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-12-01

correct library naming... tell me about it... Wink glad you could fix it

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-12-01

(2015-12-01, 20:40)Koying Wrote: Yeah Smile
Just got an email from Sony saying there's an update coming in fixing the most glaring bugs of the TV (reboots, black screen, sluggish remote ...)

well, that's what they're telling their customers since Summer Wink I observed a shitstorm in the German Sony community forums over the weekend so it seems they had to react. just don't get too excited, I already installed the update that should go OTA any day now and it's not much better. USB recording has been pushed back to Q1 2016. ah well. at least my Kodi and the other streaming apps run well Big Grin

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Koying - 2015-12-01

(2015-12-01, 20:43)Hannes The Hun Wrote:

well, that's what they're telling their customers since Summer Wink I observed a shitstorm in the German Sony community forums over the weekend so it seems they had to react. just don't get too excited, I already installed the update that should go OTA any day now and it's not much better. USB recording has been pushed back to Q1 2016. ah well. at least my Kodi and the other streaming apps run well Big Grin

Well, at this point, I firstly would like a working TV, not even thinking about features (they say end feb 2016 for HDD recording and PIP, not that I care Wink )
Random reboots in the middle of plain watching from an external box is surely a shame for a TV that price...

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - StangGuy - 2015-12-02

(2015-11-28, 12:26)Hannes The Hun Wrote: from the debug log kodi tries to open Android MediaCodec #71, fails, and then defaults to ffmpeg software codec SMPTE VC-1. my gut feeling would be that there's no chipset hardware decoder available, the question now is: does the Sony Video Player app play this file? also it helps to analyze the video file with a media codec info tool and post the output here.

The spec sheet says it supports WMV of which VC1 is a subset, I asked Sony shortly after I purchased the TV what they mean by it but they never replied. There is also a bit in the mediacodecs2k.xml file for VC1 which should mean there is some form of hardware support for VC1 and VC1 encoded files currently plays in the Sony Player no problem. This wasn't always the case, about 2 or 3 Sony updates ago is when VC1 encoded videos finally started working in the Sony player. I just checked in VLC and the files don't play, so the reports that VC1 does play in VLC appear to be incorrect now or were never correct. The media info outputs for the two files I tried that are in that previous debug log are below.

http://pastebin.com/yWV6T6Mb
http://pastebin.com/AX6jQEvK

Looking at the info in the mediacodecs2k.xml file

Code:
<MediaCodec name="OMX.MTK.VIDEO.DECODER.VC1" type="video/x-ms-wmv" >
            <Quirk name="requires-allocate-on-input-ports" />
            <Limit name="size" min="64x64" max="1920x1088" />
            <Limit name="alignment" value="1x1" />
            <Limit name="block-size" value="16x16" />
             <Limit name="blocks-per-second" range="1-489600" />
            <Limit name="frame-rate" range="1-60" />
            <Limit name="bitrate" range="1-60000000" />
        </MediaCodec>

I wonder if the issue isn't related to this thread
VC1 & WMV3 need different mimetype

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - StangGuy - 2015-12-02

(2015-12-01, 21:19)Koying Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 20:43)Hannes The Hun Wrote:

Well, at this point, I firstly would like a working TV, not even thinking about features (they say end feb 2016 for HDD recording and PIP, not that I care Wink )
Random reboots in the middle of plain watching from an external box is surely a shame for a TV that price...

That is very disappointing. I haven't had any issues like that with mine except the sluggish remote at times and then usually only after holding down one of the direction buttons for a long time at which point it just stops responding altogether for a few seconds. I wonder if there are substantial differences between the US and European models.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Koying - 2015-12-02

It might be related to the fact that I'm constantly changing inputs while developing, something that a typical user doesn't do.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-12-02

ah well, for me it ain't that bad after all. interestingly the TV seems to be crashing more seldom if you activate (!) the dev options - if that makes any sense at all. with feeds from HDMI inputs it's mostly rock solid for me (external Kodi box, PS4...), only thing that I can reproduce is the handling of live TV & EPG - if you switch too fast this combo will surely set your TV set into freezing/rebooting hell. thankfully never had the issue of TV crashing while in standby and then booting up, effectively switching itself on even in the night. stuff like Netflix & Amazon Prime for the most part also solid performance, I guess that Sony/Google mostly f*&%ed up the tuner-related part of the OS. kinda strange if you call it Android *TV* Big Grin

probably would've given it back and gotten something from Korea but then again the current Triluminos display to me is unmatched, and I love toying around with Android & adb (casting from apps on the Nexus is a priceless experience) so I am still a somewhat happy camper.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Giangianni - 2015-12-03

hello i have a problem.
i have a 50w75c i installed kodi on my tv. it runs very well but i can t create a library. i had to search one by one the movie in the directory, and they have not trailer, poster and other. only the mkv file.

on windows on first time i chose my two hard disk and then i had a new section on menu, movie, in witch i can find the movie with te posters and other...

what is the problem?