Kodi Community Forum
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV (/showthread.php?tid=229348)

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - exchequer - 2015-12-23

(2015-12-20, 16:16)Mike42979 Wrote: I'm running kodi 15.2 from play store on my x850c but always have buffering issues when watching HD or HQ videos. I tried adjusting the memory settings but nothing workedHuh

Always make sure you use an advancedsettings.xml file that has buffermode set to 1 so it caches not only HTTP streams but also, ftp, samba, nfs, etc.

Also I recommend updating to Kodi 16 beta 4 (or newer) for the Android surface rendering support needed for judder free playback.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dontyellatme - 2015-12-25

Hello,

I have a Sony Bravia NSX-40GT1 with Google TV. Can anyone assist with installing Kodi?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - MSIC - 2015-12-25

(2015-12-25, 06:02)dontyellatme Wrote: Hello,I have a Sony Bravia NSX-40GT1 with Google TV. Can anyone assist with installing Kodi?

I had to google what that TV was...
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NSX-40GT1-40-Inch-Featuring-Google/dp/B004BB4VVI
In short, it's a 2010 model Sony TV using Google TV ie NOT Android TV.

A bit of searching provided this link that may be useful, however please be aware that this particular section of the Kodi forum isnt for your TV.
http://www.googletvforum.org/threads/how-to-install-kodi-on-google-tv-kodi-xbmc-works-well-now.10189/

Hope this helps

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - C-Quel - 2015-12-25

Enquiry!

If kodi is loaded and TV is put into standby does kodi load immediately or do you need to load it again? I don't really want to use 2 remotes and would be more happy with just Yatse

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - MSIC - 2015-12-25

Hey, if Kodi was on the screen, then you turn TV off (to standby), it'll resume to Kodi on turning the TV on.

Is your other sentence about 2 remotes linked to the first sentence? (If so, I dont see how).
I just use 1 remote control, the main Sony TV remote.
Very occasionally I'll use yatse on my phone for menu / scanning stuff, but even this won't be needed once Jarvis is released.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - deathemperor - 2015-12-25

I am using Kodi Jarvis on 65W850C and it's working fine. Actually watching a movie now. The only problem I'm having is Pulsar not working. Could be because of the addon itself.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - C-Quel - 2015-12-25

(2015-12-25, 20:27)MSIC Wrote: Hey, if Kodi was on the screen, then you turn TV off (to standby), it'll resume to Kodi on turning the TV on.

Is your other sentence about 2 remotes linked to the first sentence? (If so, I dont see how).
I just use 1 remote control, the main Sony TV remote.
Very occasionally I'll use yatse on my phone for menu / scanning stuff, but even this won't be needed once Jarvis is released.

Ok good start thank you... Would stitch the rest into home automation

Any idea if Yatse wake on LAN wakes your from kodi?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Procy - 2015-12-25

I Have a Sony x85c and kodi jarvis working fine, only problem is I can't use rewind or fast farward for TV or video, can I need a addon or program for kodi?

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dontyellatme - 2015-12-26

(2015-12-25, 11:16)MSIC Wrote:
(2015-12-25, 06:02)dontyellatme Wrote: Hello,I have a Sony Bravia NSX-40GT1 with Google TV. Can anyone assist with installing Kodi?

A bit of searching provided this link that may be useful, however please be aware that this particular section of the Kodi forum isnt for your TV.
http://www.googletvforum.org/threads/how-to-install-kodi-on-google-tv-kodi-xbmc-works-well-now.10189/

Hope this helps

Confused Thank you for trying to help @MSIC. Why do you believe that this forum is not for me or the correct place to post?

1. The video that shows in the forum of the link you provided instructs users to download an "Android" version of Kodi through Chrome browser on my type of TV.

2. That forum including the video is for LG version of Google TV, versus this forum which deals with Sony Bravia. (Please explain where I am missing your point.)

Update: It has taken multiple days of reading forums and watching YouTube to get to the point where I have decided to post. I have watched that video before and apparently the Application Settings was already set to "Allow installation of non-Market applications." The downloading from Kodi.TV...all I see is a blank white screen after clicking Android "ARM". I return to the home screen and see the message that download is complete so I click on it and nothing happens. In that video it shows a pop up that includes an "Install" button. This doesn't happen on my TV. I look in "Downloads" and attempt again and it cannot open the Kodi zip file. I have attempted to download the x86 version as well and I get this message, "There is a problem parsing the package."

If anyone also knows of a way to upgrade from the firmware version from 3.2 to 4.2.2 I would appreciate if you send me an email and we can talk offline from this forum. It may be my only hope of getting Kodi to work.

Thanks
DYAM

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - MSIC - 2015-12-26

(2015-12-26, 04:46)dontyellatme Wrote:
(2015-12-25, 11:16)MSIC Wrote:

Hope this helps

Confused Thank you for trying to help @MSIC. Why do you believe that this forum is not for me or the correct place to post?

2. That forum including the video is for LG version of Google TV, versus this forum which deals with Sony Bravia. (Please explain where I am missing your point.)
HI, please dont misunderstand, i'm not trying to be rude or exclude you, i'm just pointing out that this forum is for Sony Bravia TV's (which you have) which run on the 2015 Android TV operating system (which you do NOT have).
Therefore you are not getting the correct peers (us).
I am always willing to try though, so if something i says ends up helping, then great. If it ends up wasting your time, then sorry. But i am not experienced with your system needs.

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Koying - 2015-12-26

Google TV is based on Android 3.0, IIRC, and current Kodi requires Android 4.2.
XBMC 12 Frodo had lesser requirements (Android 2.3), but it's probably not worth the time...

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Procy - 2015-12-26

I have KodiTV to my Sony x85c,but from the sony remote control I can't use REW-FF-STOP-PAUSE, Can I use the controls? If yes, I need an add-on or another setting?!

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - mazey - 2015-12-27

hey guys i am new here, i just got my bravia kdl55w800c and kodi happy with it so far, i fixed my keybindings with the add-on i just set info to the info remote button and context to the yellow key (wasnt sure if there was a better key) is there another important key i must bind?

i have found a slight problem, i like to set my sleep timer on the tv then put a movie on but i found overnight my tv turned off (i guess it was standby) when i turned the tv back on the video was still playing after like 8 hours lol. not sure what to do. is there some kind of workaround for this? i guess i could set the sleep timer and also the off timer to quit in kodi for the same time but its a bit of a stuff around.

EDIT: tried the quit after 120m on inactivity on kodi but it kept playing i guess ill have to use a playlist which ends sooner omg. i guess this is a tv firmware problem and not kodi, setting the sleep timer on the tv for 2 hours should turn the tv off after 2 hours as i am asleep. hopefully bravia fixes it..

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Hannes The Hun - 2015-12-27

procy, see what mazey wrote regarding the keybindings add-on and see here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168767

dontyellatme, the point is that there's zero to none chance to get a proper version of XBMC/Kodi on your TV model. please see threads about Android HDMI boxes/Fire TV stick etc. or even HTPC builds. and - not yelling at you - the thread title here clearly reads "KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV" Wink

RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - mazey - 2015-12-27

just installed Kodi v16.0 “Jarvis” beta 4 on my kdl55-w800c to give it a try all seems to work properly except for 4:3 content i tried the new mode 16:9 nonlinear its ok i guess but it does seem to be abit flat like someone has squashed it down from top to bottom only slightly, so i went to revert to my usual setting of zoom and found it the same as 16:9 nonlinear its no longer zooming like it did with 15.2 hopefully that gets fixed. Tongue i dont mind losing abit of the top and bottom if the picture is correct and even zoomed. so im reverting for now but will test all upcoming betas as this is fun for me Smile