Kodi Community Forum
Bug Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Bug Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 (/showthread.php?tid=231171)

Pages: 1 2 3

Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - DerEntwickler - 2015-07-03

Hello,

first please excuse my english, it's not my native language Smile

IMO i have found an bug in handling musicvideos. I've installed Kodi using MySql for shared data. In the Kodi 14.2 database xbmc_video90 you will find the table artistlinkmusicvideo. This table contains the fields idArtist and idMVideo. If i add a musicvideo to the library the idArtist should contain the corresponding idArtist of the table artist in the database xbmc_music48, but it contains an ID from the table actors in xbmc_video90. So Kodi creates an own record for the artist in the table which are for filmactors.
If i want to display all musicvideos by Artist the list is empty. Lists by year, genre, etc are working right.
Under Kodi 15RC1 there is another problem that the table artistlinkmusicvideo is not in the database xbmc_video90. So the videolist by Artist will also not work.

A fix would be very nice. And also if Kodi could read the Tags from the mp4-files. Then i have not to write nfo-files for every file which are not found by the scrapper.

Thanks

DerEntwickler

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - Martijn - 2015-07-03

Can you create a ticket on trac.kodi.tv?

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - mkortstiege - 2015-07-04

Works for me. Please enable debug logging, add a musicvideo and navigate to the artists node within musicvideos. Pastebin the entire kodi.log so we can see what's going on.

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - DerEntwickler - 2015-07-04

(2015-07-04, 12:20)mkortstiege Wrote: Works for me. Please enable debug logging, add a musicvideo and navigate to the artists node within musicvideos. Pastebin the entire kodi.log so we can see what's going on.

Hi, here is the required Kodi.log

It also would be great to list the musicvideos within the music artist list. So i can see all singles, albums and videos of a artists at the same place.

example: Music -> Artists -> Madonna -> singles, videos, albumname 1, albumname 2, etc

This requires IMO a link between actorID from video database and artistID from music database.

In the moment you will only see singles and albums.

DerEntwickler

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - mkortstiege - 2015-07-04

Could you please try with sqlite instead?

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - DerEntwickler - 2015-07-05

(2015-07-04, 18:08)mkortstiege Wrote: Could you please try with sqlite instead?

With a newly generated local sqlite database its the same. No videos under musicvideos->artist. Under genre, title, year, etc everything is allright.

DerEntwickler

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - mkortstiege - 2015-07-05

Since i was able to browse by artist i somewhat suspect the .nfo's to be an issue. Could you please try without local metdata information and/or provide those so i can test as well?

RE: Musicvideo List by Artists in Kodi 14.2 & 15RC1 - LongMan - 2015-07-05

I am not sure if this is related but since your attention is on Music Videos.

If I create a playlist based on genre, without grouping by artists, it filters the videos correctly. However, if I group by artists, while filtering by genre, it stills shows all the artists in the database and their respective albums but only the music videos from for the artists that belong to the filtered genre.

It appears as if the artists are grouped before the videos are filtered using the rules specified. I would expect the videos to be filtered first, then grouped and sorted.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could change/fixed this behaviour.

Maybe a artist vs albumartist issue? Have to setup a dummy library to check.

Thanks.

LongMan, mind sharing your library so i don't have to setup a dummy one? Would be highly appreciated. (EDIT: in case you're willed, just pm me here or ping on IRC)

How do I attach it?

(2015-07-05, 11:40)LongMan Wrote: How do I attach it?

If it's too large or impossible to attach use dropbox or the likes maybe?

I sent a PM

(2015-07-05, 13:17)LongMan Wrote: I sent a PM

Will be fixed when https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7419 got merged. Thanks for sharing the library!