Kodi Community Forum
XBMC_PC Win32 GUI Development Environment for skinners (skin developers) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: XBMC_PC Win32 GUI Development Environment for skinners (skin developers) (/showthread.php?tid=23235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

WIN32 XBMC_PC.exe in fullscreen mode? - LaTropa64 - 2007-11-11

I know this was only meant to be a tool for skinning but it seems to work almost perfectly for just about everything. It plays all my music and videos just great. Is there any way we could run it in a fullscreen or maybe an option to lose the file menu and title bar on the window?

- Jezz_X - 2007-11-11

Its possble Donno made me a patch for just this the a while ago but it probably dosn't work anymore (files not correct versions)

- LaTropa64 - 2007-11-13

It would be cool if fullscreen was an out of the box option for it. With how great XBMC_PC is working, I don't see any reason for me to jump into linux to run that xbmc port. On my HTPC rather than installing linux and then looking for alternatives for my torrent and DVB apps, I can just keep running windows and then start up XBMC right inside of it whenever I want to. No need to dual-boot or run vmware or anything like that.

- Jezz_X - 2007-11-13

Ok let me point out the advantages of linux port over the win32 one
*visualizations work
*Screen savers work
*Network settings actually change network
*All settings will eventually change the proper stuff like the xbox
*Fullscreen is proper full screen not stretched window by directx, Right now in win32 If you set the screen to pal 4x3 and have it fullscreen on a monitor at 1280x1024 it just stretches everthing out to fit images included. Linux actually draws xbmc in the resolution that the screen is in so was better quality graphics and non blury fonts
*Eventually xbmc will be its own bootable distro that will probably fit on and boot from a USB Stick with full network support
*Samba as a media source works on Linux not on win32
*joysticks (wireless or not) and remotes work in linux (I use an xbox controller to control mine)
* You don't need to mount fake drives for linux version to work

And thats just the few that come to mind
The whole idea is not to dual boot and to actually have a dedicated machine like your xbox when it is all finished

- Gamester17 - 2007-11-13

Off-topic (so please do not reply to this) but I just like to add this:
LaTropa64 Wrote:...looking for alternatives for my torrent and DVB apps
Stop looking. Torrentflux-b4rt for torrents and MythTV for TV-tuner/recording (there is even a front-end XBMC python script for Myth)

LaTropa64 Wrote:No need to dual-boot or run vmware or anything like that.
Running Windows under the latest VMware Workstation in Linux is an alternative but not the best solution.

- kricker - 2007-11-13

Gamester17 Wrote:Running Windows under the latest VMware Workstation in Linux is an alternative but not the best solution.
...or this http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxoffice/

- miha76 - 2007-11-19

Please somebody post link for pc version if XBMC for those who doesn't have computer skills ans just want to enjoy in good home theatre program.

Thanks

- Jezz_X - 2007-11-19

It comes in t3ch each week I'm pretty sure

- CrazyIvan - 2007-11-23

Yep, it sure does. I just gave it a whirl and was very impressed. Only thing I didn't like was the permanent menubar, even after hitting fullscreen (F11). If there was a way to eliminate that it'd be the cats meow. I just watched a 1.3G HD (720P) PBS Nova episode with no issues on my old P4 2.8 with Radeon 9600XT. It really does blow away the other front ends even in this semi-limited, development intended only, state.

- BigBellyBilly - 2007-11-30

With the win32 emu, I always get a winsock error when using (any) script that uses urllib fetch or retrieve calls.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't always the case, can anyone throw some light onto it ?

network setup with xbmc_pc - Kris_Toff - 2007-12-07

I can run xbmc_pc fine.

I can even access the xbmc_pc webserver.

Unfortunately, I can't get outside (like weather, movie info, etc)...

I have replicated my PC network conf ( IP, NetMask, GW and DNS ) in the XBMC_PC/Network Setting but I still can't get out...

I couldn't find any documentation around...

logs says unable to retrieve web site Huh

Thanks

- SleepyP - 2007-12-07

I cannot replicate your experience.
I build XBMC from SVN on a regular basis, and my most recent build of the win32 partial port is as we speak running on this machine. Not only can my copy get online, it even was auto-detected by my XBox (which is also running XBMC right now). I had to do nothing to get this functionality, it just worked immediately from my first run of XBMC on this computer.

In the Settings > Network section, its simply set to "Default (Dashboard)".

One odd thing, in the system info, the IP address space is blank. Kinda strange Wink

- jaredharley - 2007-12-07

The weather info (as in temp, highs, lows, etc) or the weather icons?

If it's the weather icons, that is an easy fix - I had the same issue.

In your XBMC folder, create a folder called "CACHE". The "run me first" bat file doesn't create this automatically. This w

- jmarshall - 2007-12-07

The XBMC_PC port completely ignores the network settings.

Either your PC is connected to the LAN (and thus it'll use it directly) or it's not.

The only setting it respects is the proxy settings.

XBMC Win32 DVD Menu controls - XBMC Fan - 2007-12-08

Hi there. Using XBMC with WinXP, I seem to be having a bit of trouble with DVD menus, specifically attempting to select a menu item (such as 'Episodes', 'Play Movie', "extras"). The arrow keys navigate around a DVD menu, but none can be selected regardless of any key or mouse click.

This happens with both DVD ISO images and a retail DVD in the drive. Can anyone help me out?