Kodi Community Forum
Jukebox mode / Party mode (library playlist) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Jukebox mode / Party mode (library playlist) (/showthread.php?tid=2396)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- ClearSong - 2006-01-26

great!

so, would this be the approach to use to enable random play in a particular genre or artist?

1. scan your music.
2. go to library, then genre
3. select genre (the particular genre) or select artist (the particular artist)
3. use "queue" on "all songs" item at the top
4. swith to "now playing" window
5. enable randomize.

do you have to scan the music every time that you would want to do this?

thanks!

john

- kraqh3d - 2006-01-26

no. you just need to scan once so that the database gets populated. if you add new songs, you can re-scan and tell it to only add the new songs.

- alterior - 2006-02-17

i vote for the random play button...

the one thing to consider is that having a function that randomly plays the songs from the db and not populate a playlist first, saves memory and we need as much as we can spare on the xbox.

- kraqh3d - 2006-02-17

its been on my todo list for a loooong time now. now that the shuffle button is removed from the library window, i may move this up on my list.

- alterior - 2006-02-17

yeah, nothing fancy to start ;-)

just something that randomly selects a song from the db, and when that one is done gets another one.

or whatever is simplest ;-)

- kzr1y2 - 2006-03-03

hi all,

the new "party mode" feature is terrific ... any plans to incorporate "party mode by genre" - going from rock/pop to classical to country sounds a bit strange.

:kickass:

kz

ps: to the xbmc team ... :bowdown:

- kraqh3d - 2006-03-04

yes... eventually. the party mode code is already setup to accomodate stuff like this. the code that picks the random songs can be restricted. it's the gui part that needs alot of thought first.

- snoxbox - 2006-06-08

ok, forgive me if this is already achievable, but i think it would be good if there was an option so that when a playlist is playing, select will queue instead of play the selected item. say you have a few people over, or a party, and you have a long playlist running. people go to add a song, and quite often accidentally select the item (especially if they're newbs). then the song starts, and you have to search through the playlist to find where you at and start it again.

my understanding of the keymap.xml is that you can change keys based on what window you are on (i.e. playlist window), but cannot change keys based on what type of media is playing. is it possible to achieve this?

View options in music library - 97xu92 - 2006-07-19

Would it be possible to enable the artist listing when viewing by album in the music library?

This would allow one to view by album and sort by artist to get a true "Jukebox" effect - rather than only having the album title (and cover) which I may or may not recognize.

Also, when browsing by artist, could a "sort by" "Year" option be added? Call me anal, but I like to view an artists catalog in order of release as opposed to alphabetically, etc.

Thanks for the consideration!

- kraqh3d - 2006-07-20

Yes, its possible and its something I was wrestling with back when the new music library was introduced. In my opinion, whatever you "sort by" should be the lead piece of information in the label. Like in your example, if you're at an albums listing and you sort by Artist, then the albums should be labeled as "Artist - Album". And if you sort by year (which I thought was there already), they would be labeled as "Year - Album".

The problem is how to implement such a thing. I was considering a fully user configurable set of options, but its very difficult to map out because there's so many variations. So, my other thought was a very simple on/off switch called "show sort by tag in label" or something like that. If this option was enabled, you would see items labeled like in my example. If disabled, you would see the default labeling.

Thoughts?

- 97xu92 - 2006-07-21

Thanks for the reply.

Personally, I would prefer the more configurable option...but I understand that would be more work for you guys, and a potential support nightmare...so the "on/off" switch would do just fine.

And regarding the "sort by: year" option...I think it's only availble in the video library.

- 97xu92 - 2006-08-25

I just wanted to check back in on this issue to see if it was still on your radar...

Certainly not pushing...just wondering. Thank you (and all the devs) for all you do!

- kraqh3d - 2006-08-25

if its ever done, it'll be after 2.0.0

Multiple Party Modes - macollin - 2006-09-03

I was thinking it would be nice to have a couple different party modes: one for everything, one for a specific criteria, or perhaps many for various critera.

For instance, I like being able to select "everything" as one party mode, but then at other times I may only want to select all "Electronic" genres for party mode. I realize there is a way to do this within the xml. But, to actually have a couple different versions to select from would be nice.

Just a thought...

- kraqh3d - 2006-09-04

The use of that xml file is really the start of this feature. However, don't expect it anytime soon. A gui element needs to be developed to allow the user to pick criteria and save it as a xml, and then a gui element needs to developed so that the user can pick which one to use. Until then you'll just have to use the filemanager to rename xml files. (Or code this up and submit it as a patch.)