Kodi Community Forum
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. (/showthread.php?tid=23969)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- gunchums - 2007-03-09

elupus Wrote:Make sure you put the mplayer.conf file in too otherwise you won't be able to use the new codecs.
And we do this by using the latest build because at the moment my version is unable to use the new codecs?

Updating MPlayer.dll so i can play MKV - gunchums - 2007-03-09

In the 'MPlayer.dll development' thread i've downloaded and extracted them into my XBMC folder however it seems to have no effect as if it's not recognising the new codecs.

Quote:Make sure you put the mplayer.conf file in too otherwise you won't be able to use the new codecs.

Is this the problem?

What do i need to do and how?

- spiff - 2007-03-09

old mplayer handles mkv just fine.

- gunchums - 2007-03-09

spiff Wrote:old mplayer handles mkv just fine.

Sorry i should have been clearer, i want to use the 'faster and more reliable h264 decoder' in the new MPlayer.dll

- Mariano - 2007-03-09

Where is the ultimate mplayer source code ?

In svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/branches/ ?

Better download from svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/ ?

- spiff - 2007-03-09

stick the new dll and codecs.conf in system/players/mplayer and off you go.

- elupus - 2007-03-10

that is original version, ours is modified.

- Mariano - 2007-03-10

elupus Wrote:that is original version, ours is modified.

Where is yours ultimate modificated version? For testing.

Is mplayer_prelim in branches?

- finas - 2007-03-10

The latest ultimate version is, I belive, the one that you can get on the first page of this thread.

As stated elsewhere on this forum porting mplayer and getting it to run on xbmc is a pain in the ass, its not a compile as is, and use case. A lot of things must be changed in mplayers code, for it to be usable with xbmc.

- gunchums - 2007-03-10

finas Wrote:As stated elsewhere on this forum porting mplayer and getting it to run on xbmc is a pain in the ass, its not a compile as is, and use case. A lot of things must be changed in mplayers code, for it to be usable with xbmc.

Yeah, toom me 4 seperate attempts for my XBMC to recognise the new codecs. Spiff's simple yet effective advice movivated me to keep trying.

I can now watch all my MKV's with in sync sound and a fairly decent framerate with the h264 decoder. Hopefully there is still more juice to be squeezed from this orange.

- finas - 2007-03-10

gunchums: do you have better framerates ( h264) with your mplayer build than the latest mplayer from elupus?

- gronne - 2007-03-11

Are there any news on Coreavc, Elupus?

- spiff - 2007-03-11

yes, mplayer_prelim is the branch holding the new mplayer dll's source.

- Mariano - 2007-03-12

Test with mplayer_070214.zip and mplayer_prelim compilation (tested with codecs.conf of mplayer_070214.zip and codecs.conf original of xbmc; ultimate svn revision of xbmc and xbmc_prelim).

All files with x264 codec video (all files with cabac and deblocking) and mp3 audio:

- 352x288 resolution --> clicg-clacgs in sound and anytimes small-jump video

- 480x576 resolution --> clicg-clacgs in sound and anytimes small-jump video

- 720x576 resolution --> clicg-clacgs in sound and anytimes small-jump video

- Original video --> H264 video with mp3 audio --> Perfect --> Cabac and Deblocking Huh

P.D.: In "accelerated secuences" have worse results...

P.D.2: program for convert videos to h264 for testing Huh

- Mariano - 2007-03-12

Yeah!!

I convert from 720x576.mp4 to 720x576.mkv:

- Audio mp3

- Video x264 with cabac and deblocking (at 720x576 resolution)

RESULT ---> PERFECT !!!!!

Tested with the original files of XBMC (svn source code).