Kodi Community Forum
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback. (/showthread.php?tid=23969)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- elupus - 2007-03-16

annamaniac:
well it isn't broken for all mpeg that is for sure, but it does seem broken for that file you tried. could you provide a small sample that fails?

- annamaniac - 2007-03-16

elupus Wrote:annamaniac:
well it isn't broken for all mpeg that is for sure, but it does seem broken for that file you tried. could you provide a small sample that fails?
Hi elupus.

Actually, in my case it is. All mpeg files fail to play back. I've tried them locally and over xbmsp and nothing will play. These files range from recent mpeg-2 tv rips to mpeg-1 vhs rips from years ago. Perhaps the new mpeg demuxer depends on something only available in the CVS builds of XBMC? But I'd prefer to stick to the stable build for now as the old CVS builds (pre 2.0 final) were very hit and miss for me.

If I replace the mplayer.dll and codecs.conf with the 2007-01-17 files, they play again.

- [o]SoundWave[o] - 2007-03-17

Quote:it's abit to large endeavor. it has tangles in way to many places to do a partial update. if i(or somebody else) ever do a complete update then it will come along.

Wouldn't it be better to do a update to current version of mplayer instead of adding code to the version in xbmc? I know it must be a hard and time consuming task, but then we would benefit from the new stuff added (libass for example) and tweaks already made by the mplayer team.
If we could have mplayer 1.0RC with the code already added on the xbmc version it would be awesome.
The current xbmc mplayer(performance wise) with the new capabilities and features of 1.0RC.

Well, i just hope you keep the awesome work on the xbmc mplayer and i'm looking forward for the next build.

- elupus - 2007-03-17

that'd be a alot larger thing to take on. nothing I plan to do soon. also it would require changes in xbmc wich would make it backwords incompatible.

MPlayer builds won't play AAC encoded files - mcgmcg - 2007-03-22

Hi,

I upgraded my mplayer.dll and codecs file from this thread, but I still cannot play H.264 files that have AAC encoded audio.

The log file reports:

17:52:36 M: 20287488 ERROR: mplayer generated exception in decode_audio

Can anybody help me here?

The XBMC build is from Jun 19 2006. Do I need to upgrade the build before the new mplayer.dll will play AAC files?

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Matt

- elupus - 2007-03-22

depends on how old your build is.. secondly h264 is damn heavy to decode, and so is AAC. i'd doubt you'd ever be able to play those files.

- tryptase - 2007-03-22

NeroDigital AVC mp4 files with aac play fine.

- ads_german - 2007-03-23

mcgmcg, H264 files with AAC audio should play, depending on the settings your file(s) have been encoded with. I find HE-AAC 5.1 almost always causes frame dropping, but LC-AAC always works fine for me, providing resolution and bitrate aren't over the top (HE-AAC 2.0 may work too?)

The latest mplayer.dll seems to handle CABAC without problems now, up to either 640x480 (4:3) or 720x400 (16:9) resolutions that I've tried. I've found deblocking can work without frame dropping also (at res 720x304 up to about 720x384), depending on the amount of motion in the video being encoded, as long as the sound is AC3 and passed directly to an external amp for decoding. Encoding audio to AAC can make deblocking/CABAC together a bit hard for the xbox to handle though.

Short answer, H264/AAC will play fine (I have heaps of files like that which play without problem), depending on your encoding settings.

BTW, I find Staxrip a great gui program to use for encoding xbox-friendly H264 files - if you try it, just load the Xbox lo-res profile and disable deblocking ("in-loop filter") depending on your resolution and audio type. It suits those of us who don't know a heap about encoding, but are happy to tinker with settings a little...

- word - 2007-03-23

yes, thats true.
but dont forget: in germany theres pal with 25 frames.
in ntsc countries they have sometimes 29,97 frames. that makes it harder.

btw: with the newest mplayer.dll i have still problems with some wmv9 onlinestreams.
the framerate fluctuates from 5-30fps and you cant even watch.
the original mplayer.dll plays everything fine.

- elupus - 2007-03-23

could you give me a sample stream?

- mcgmcg - 2007-03-23

I haven't upgraded to XBMC 2.0; I suspect that this may be the problem. I will upgrade to 2.0 and the lastest mplayer.dll and report back.

Thanks for all the advice so far. Elupus, I will send you a sample stream if this doesn't work.

- Mariano - 2007-03-25

I thinking... XBMC play better x264 than h264 Huh?

- mcgmcg - 2007-03-25

I upgraded to 2.0 and to the latest mplayer.dll build, but, to no avail. The video/audio (h.264+aac) will play fine until the flick gets to the first bit of fast paced action. I am guessing the bitrate jumps to high for the xbox to handle.

Rats. I guess I will have to buy an appleTV to tinker with now.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

- hibaby - 2007-03-27

elupus Wrote:depends on how old your build is.. secondly h264 is damn heavy to decode, and so is AAC. i'd doubt you'd ever be able to play those files.
But any plan to recorrect the rmvb issue?

- anywonder - 2007-03-29

http://lca2007.linux.org.au/Programme Here is a collection of videos in ogg theora format, for example, that I'm trying to play on XBMC that isn't working. I can only hear the audio track, and XBMC treats it as an audio file if I try to play it with mplayer. If you want a direct link to one, click here: Link

I've tried on XBMC 2.01 and the Febrary 2007 SVN version, with the new developer's version of mplayer.dll and codecs.conf and the default versions of those. I'm guessing it's an issue in codecs.conf but I don't know where to even begin to tweak it.

I've tried renaming the .ogg to .ogm, but I still get the music visualizer and the audio track of the file, instead of a video.