Kodi Community Forum
Release Metropolis 3.1.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Metropolis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=162)
+---- Thread: Release Metropolis 3.1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=240759)

Pages: 1 2

Metropolis 3.1.0 - jingai - 2015-10-02

The big change here is the adoption of Skin Shortcuts, Library Data Provider, and Extended Info, which enables customization of all of the Home "furniture" and provides support for widgets.

Note: This doesn't have any of the Kodi 15.x Isengard changes yet. A release for Kodi 15 is coming in 1-2 weeks.

Addressed issues since 3.0.3:
  • Customizable Home furniture.
  • Complete Home screen refactor, with support for widgets.
  • More consistent design for MyMusicPlaylist.xml.
  • Don't show submenus in Home2/3 by default.
  • Option to stretch or scale (keeping aspect) backgrounds on Home3.
  • Add setting to hide unfocused widgets in Default Home layout.
  • Add some new studio flags.
  • Add scrollbar to Favourites.
  • Show "short" as well as "long" ratings in Video Info dialog.
  • Hide frames for empty items in all views.
  • Fix missing file size labels in File Manager.
  • Add Addon state label to List view.
  • Add actor roles to Video Info dialog.
  • Add ability to select either Actors or Directors from Video Info dialog.
  • Fix playback for 3D video files with "tab" in the filename.
  • Update for TVTunes 5.0.0.
  • Update language files from Transifex.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - LordBane68 - 2015-10-04

I use the Steampunk theme of this Skin.
This update 3,1,0:
1) Deleted my configured sub-menus so now I only see default sub-menus in place of my configured one.
2) Deleted my one additional main menu Item I had created (which appeared under below Shutdown on the left side.)
3) From the home, the menu item "Home Items" is missing from "Settings\Metropolis\"
Any ideas on how to fix these?

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - jingai - 2015-10-05

Settings -> Metropolis -> Home Options -> Home Furniture. The way we do Home screen customization changed entirely and there was no reasonable way to port over your old customizations.

The good news is, the new method allows you to change/delete/move anything you want.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - MacGyver - 2015-10-05

Someone with screen capture ability should make a video detailing how to setup the new menu system under Metropolis and post it to Youtube so it can be linked in this thread.
(If someone is nice enough to do this, please remember to use a fake library so nobody gets in any trouble.) Smile

All I can do is post pictures.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - pagali - 2015-10-05

I've always loved the look of this skin better than any other, but had to keep going back to others because of the inability to customize the main menu enough. NOW, finally, I can have all the menu items I want, in the order I prefer, and customize them exactly the way I want, including their submenus!

And I can also have the lovely color schemes of Leather and Silk... can't decide which I like better. Big Grin

Thank you, thank you!

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - LordBane68 - 2015-10-06

(2015-10-05, 04:49)jingai Wrote: Settings -> Metropolis -> Home Options -> Home Furniture. The way we do Home screen customization changed entirely and there was no reasonable way to port over your old customizations.

The good news is, the new method allows you to change/delete/move anything you want.

Ok, thanks jingai and MacGyver, I will learn the new way.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - adito - 2015-10-08

where can I download the 3.1.0 version?

or.. what repo to install?
is it warking well with kodi 14.2?

thank you

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - jingai - 2015-10-08

It's in the official repository now and yes it's working well with 14.2.

can you give me a link to the repo??

I can't find the 3.1.0 in my kodi at all

I don't have the official repository.. can it beHuh

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - jingai - 2015-10-08

What do you mean? Kodi has the official repository by default.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - pagali - 2015-10-08

This problem might be because I'm using Metropolis 3.1.0 on Isengard 15.1... but just in case it isn't...

I've noticed a glitch with VideoExtras. If I use a show's context menu from the main TV Show list, and choose "Browse Extras" it works fine and I see just that show's Extras. If I forget and go into the Show's Information page and select the VideoExtras button from there, I get an ungrouped, unsorted listing of ALL extras for ALL TV Shows... not just the one whose information I'm viewing. If that Information screen button is no longer to be used, perhaps it should be removed so absent-minded folks like me won't click it by mistake? Big Grin

EDIT: I forgot to mention movies work OK with the VideoExtras button on the Information page as well as the "Browse Extras" item -- both methods list only any extras for that particular movie.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - jingai - 2015-10-09

@pagali, can you replace your DialogVideoInfo.xml with this one and tell me if it sorts the problem for you? I don't actually use the addon myself.

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - pagali - 2015-10-09

(2015-10-09, 15:18)jingai Wrote: @pagali, can you replace your DialogVideoInfo.xml with this one and tell me if it sorts the problem for you? I don't actually use the addon myself.

Yes, that fixes the problem. Thanks!

Note: However, there is now a line of text below the Extras dialog that says:
"(2) Horizontal Text Home Layout - Icon Home la..."
Doesn't affect the functionality, just the looks. And I know the looks matter to you, or the skin wouldn't be so pretty. Big Grin

RE: Metropolis 3.1.0 - jingai - 2015-10-09

Uhh, that'd be part of the script's default skin. I'm going to eventually skin that dialog, but I haven't gotten to it yet. You should let the author of VideoExtras know though.