Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- steve1977 - 2007-06-07

Thanks for this absolutely fabulous script. Really love it!!!

Unfortunately, scripts are not working for me at the moment with this script. Particularly, I am looking for Apple Movie Trailer Script. It works on the PMIII script, but when I change the skin to xtv, it doesnt open anymore. Any idea what I can do. I am using the latest xbmc built (June 4) and just downloaded the xtv skin from your signature's link today.

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

Steve

- MikeBeecham - 2007-06-07

CHi3f - this has to be the best skin out there at the moment...I mean, I've always loved Apple (MACs....mmmmmmm!) but this is so sweet. Thanks so much for the effort you've put in.

Can I just raise 3 small issues that could do with being addressed?

First
When you are in display mode whilst listening to music, the ablum cover that is shown in front of the visualisations is slightly stretched outwards, and is not perfectly square...can this be amended?

Second
For some reason, the text for the option of "Party mode" that you can choose from within the context menu is always visible when choosing an album. The word 'Party' overlaps the album cover, and the word 'Mode' is just to the right of it. When you leave the album to shrink down, showing the album info, the word 'Party Mode' remain where it is...it never disappears. I know this is not an option to choose, as you cannot highlight it.

Third
Within settings, the options on the left-hand side do not have the same spacing within the highlighted area, as every other highlight within the skins. The first letter of the first word is right up against the left edge of the highlight bar...can this also be amended?

Thats it for now....so that you dont think I am all take, take, take...I have made a small splash.png, which some people may find useful. You will notice that it is the apple logo, purely because I do not have access to the 'X' that you use...if I had a high-res version of this I could amend the splash.png...

feel free to use!

- MikeBeecham - 2007-06-07

sorry...I should have realised that you cant see white on white...here is the link anyway...

http://mbeecham.fireflyinternet.co.uk/mike/splash.png

- MikeBeecham - 2007-06-08

Ok Chi3f..

I've taken some time to try and find things wrong with the theme...admittedly I cant find an awful lot, but I figure if I list them all here then it will tidy them away for you.

They are in no particular order, and I know I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to design...but here they are:

FILE MANAGER
The 'Root' headers seem to be quite far to the left of the window, and feel they would look better being in line with the text beneath them. The same can be said for the '# of objects' text at the bottom of the window. This should I also be in line with the text above them I feel.

HOME PAGE
the xTV logo seems a little to the left, and feel that it should be centered

MUSIC
As already mentioned, the 'Party Mode' text is always visible in library mode. No matter what view you are in, you see 'Party Mode' just sitting there. I assume this is all part of the context menu, but it does not disappear when the context menu is removed.

The shade of blue that is used when a track is selected is difficult to read within the highlight window. I know a lot has been said about the size of the text, but I feel that this is more important...at least you can see the white clearly!

PROGRAMS
When game wide icons are chosen, the reflection for each icon is WAY down at the bottom of the screen, irrespective of the view you are in. Obviously, the reflection should sit underneath the icon, but it is way down at the bottom of the screen...very detached.

DOWNLOAD THEMES
The border for this pop-up window seems very fat to me...a lot fatter than the other pop-up windows.

POWER MENU
I know that I have mentioned this before, but the smaller versions of the icons really do look pixelated to me, and the small 'restart' icon is definately squashed in a little.

Would the icons look better up into the centre of the screen?

Would it look better if you had clean, crisp blue borders at the top and bottom of the screen, rather than a fade? As a fade, the text looks like it's edging too far toward the bottom of the fade.

Should the date be more over toward the right-corner of the screen...it looks in a strange place.

WEATHER
The cog icon seems like it's floating on it's own for some reason..it seems to have no attachement to the title, as the icons do on every other page...it just seems out of place where it is right now.

In 16x9 mode, the weather icons look a little stretched out?

The text for 'High' temperature is smaller than 'low' temperature when looking at other days of the week.

SETTINGS > REGION
The text is too close to the border edge of the highlight bar

DISPLAY MODE
When choosing presets and settings from the pop-up control menu, the list which appears is right on top of the album cover and cannot be read.

APPLE.COM TRAILERS
When you have gone into Apple.com trailers for the first time, and choose the xTV skin, the script just hangs and locks up when setting the GUI for the first time. When you reboot and go back into it, it continues this action again and you cannot do anything about it.

Thats actually it for now...but I will continue to test.

Thanks for all of your hard work mate

- sparklesuk - 2007-06-09

i have tryed the xtv skin and i can not seem to get the fonts to show on the screen. i am running at 720 ntsc all other skins work fine. i would love to be able to try this one out can anyone help thanks

- CHI3f - 2007-06-09

use the new t3ch.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=606722

- sparklesuk - 2007-06-09

thanks that did the trick

- Daggerx - 2007-06-12

This skin is awesome...thanks very much

- richie178 - 2007-06-13

hi, nice skin... loved it up to now, just updated and no text is showing up. and yes i have the latest build of XBMC tech.. can any one help me. thxs

- richie178 - 2007-06-14

I dk how i fix my txt thing but i think it might of had something to do with the way i was ftping it. I was not unraring my tech build to a local dir, i was just opening the rars and dragging the files over to the ftp dir on my xbox. So it would go something like this:

winrar unrars to a temp folder then windows would ftp the file over to the xbox.

some how i think it messed the files in the temp folder from other build i have used. I know that windows got some sort of sys in the temp fold to keep files from messing up. Any way the txt now shows up, and i really don't know how tho.

Great skin btw looking ford to other skins u produce

P.S: I'm soz for the spelling

- Bigfoot87 - 2007-06-23

First of all thanks for one of the best skins for XBMC I've ever used. Big Grin

Second:

When you turn 'Randomize' on in the playlist it will hold that setting
untill you shutdown XBMC. When you reboot the setting will be off again.

That's annoying when you start a playlist on startup, because you'll hear
always the same songs. At first I thought it was a XBMC problem but at PMIII it works perfectly. It should be great when you could fix it.

Thnx!

Bigfoot87

- CHI3f - 2007-06-23

Did you randomize then save the playlist? Are you using the same playlist for each skin? As far as I know the skin can't control whether or not randomize is saved after a reboot.

- Bigfoot87 - 2007-06-23

Please don't ask me how, but the problem has been solved Laugh

Bigfoot87 Wrote:Second:

When you turn 'Randomize' on in the playlist it will hold that setting
untill you shutdown XBMC. When you reboot the setting will be off again.

That's annoying when you start a playlist on startup, because you'll hear
always the same songs. At first I thought it was a XBMC problem but at PMIII it works perfectly. It should be great when you could fix it.

Thnx!

Bigfoot87

- xbox77 - 2007-06-23

Is anyone else having a problem with the text not being visible?

- CHI3f - 2007-06-23

Update your version of XBMC.