Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- handsomepete - 2007-09-14

etien

that is not the latest release of xtv and that is why you dont have an option to remove tv shows. download the latest version from SVN.

to remove thumbs and info goto imdb and find out the ttxxxxx number of the movie, then goto userdata/database/imdb and delete the corresponding number,also userdata/thumbnails/video and del number there too.

- doink - 2007-09-17

Dam this is one of my fav skins.

I have a request. Can you add another wrap view where it looks like this below? Because on the widescreen, the movie icons appear too far apart. I have suceeded on making it but now the view option is locked on this and cant change to diff views.

- doink - 2007-09-17

i cant seem to find the edit button because some reason the picture is not showing but here it is below

http://imagesocket.com/view/screenshot0007ee.jpg

- Nuka1195 - 2007-09-17

you may have two controls with the same ID

- MacGyver - 2007-09-20

Chief, I just updated my xTV from the svn (it had been awhile), and I have to say, that you have outdone yourself, it is really customizable, and the code is all very clean. Best part is I no longer have to recode half of the home.xml to get rid of the tv, and put back the weather (too bad I can't use dynamic weather anymore Sad <icon> so no <info>) but thats ok), but now also a youtube option, outstanding. I also like your new list2 alot better then the one I was hacking together to get that effect.

An absolutely great skin!

BTW, If you are going to add a "coverflow" view, feel free to use the one I posted if you don't have the time to write a whole new one from scratch. Smile

- Jezz_X - 2007-09-21

MacGyver Wrote:Chief, I just updated my xTV from the svn (it had been awhile), and I have to say, that you have outdone yourself, it is really customizable, and the code is all very clean. Best part is I no longer have to recode half of the home.xml to get rid of the tv, and put back the weather (too bad I can't use dynamic weather anymore Sad <icon> so no <info>) but thats ok), but now also a youtube option, outstanding.

<cough> look at the svn changelog </cough> Big Grin
Quote:Revision: 901
Author: jezz_x
Date: 4:38:01 PM, Saturday, 18 August 2007
*** DELETE YOUR OLD SKIN VERSION BEFORE USING THIS ONE ****
Changed : Redid a lot of the way the animation was done (Home to sub windows should be much smoother)
Deleted : Heaps of 16x9 files that were pretty much copies of 4x3 ones except some minor details
Fixed : A lot of little errors of missing text in some windows
Fixed : 16x9 users were missing about 4 view types from Video Library compared to 4x3 users
Fixed : 16x9 Users didn't have the blue glow overlay on icons
Fixed : The Skin Setting "Visuals Behind Background" didn't work proper (at least thats what the code told me)

Probably some more stuff as well just can't remember

----------------------------------------------------------------

Revision: 900
Author: jezz_x
Date: 2:17:56 PM, Friday, 17 August 2007
Changed : Rebuilt the Home screens to use new code system. ( You will need XBMC revision 9966 or higher for this to work proper )
Added : Skin Setting to remove the "TV Shows" button from the Main home menu ( Thanks to code change above )
Added : Skin Setting to add "YouTube" button to the Main home menu ( Thanks to code change above ) it looks for the script in "Q:\scripts\YouTube\default.py"
Rolleyes

- MacGyver - 2007-09-21

i know jezz, I have no problems with it, I was just complimenting him on it Smile
The only thing I was down about, is that when I always hacked the weather icon back in, I made it dynamic based upon the weather outside, but with a content list you cant use an <info>, can you?

I had been real busy, and when I got around to updating xbmc and xtv, I was pleasantly surprised. Smile

- jmarshall - 2007-09-21

Not that it really matters, but I think the point Jezz_X was making was the authorship of said changes in the log Wink

Not to detract from the stellar work that CHi3f has done ofcourse - it's a really solid piece of work all around Smile

- Jezz_X - 2007-09-21

jmarshall Wrote:......Not to detract from the stellar work that CHi3f has done ofcourse - it's a really solid piece of work all around Smile

Oh indeed compared to the work he did on it I'm about 1% at most all props to chi3f and the others for a great a great skin

- rudeboymcc - 2007-09-21

as everyone's throwing around ideas i thought i should too,

i just downloaded the latest xbmc and the latest svn version of the skin and it's pretty slick.

a few things though,
when you go to movies (or tv series) it lists all the movies first. then if you press "back" twice, you get the "recently added movies/episodes" list. would it not be better to just show the "recently added" option at the top of the movie/tv show list? the way it is at the moment it seems quite hidden.

also, the power options seem too deep in the system settings (this is what i use to turn it off and it's considerably longer than the old method).

obviously this is all just my opinion but what do you think?

- matthuisman - 2007-09-21

Jezz_X Wrote:stanley87 at the risk of upsetting a "Skilled Python Coder" your not using the latest xbmc svn thats a syptom of using a xbe/exe from before jmarshall added conditional visiblity to static list items
Unless of course its been broken since

Hi Jezz_X,

Hmm, i was pretty sure I was using a fresh svn build, maybe I copied the wrong exe. Will give it another blast when I get home from work tonight.

:-D

Thanks,

- ShortySco - 2007-09-21

rudeboymcc Wrote:also, the power options seem too deep in the system settings (this is what i use to turn it off and it's considerably longer than the old method).

You can click the right thumbstick to get the power menu (Superfast), not sure if there is a mapped button when using the remote, but i'm sure you can add it in keymap.xml

Shorty

- CHI3f - 2007-09-21

Jezz_X Wrote:Oh indeed compared to the work he did on it I'm about 1% at most all props to chi3f and the others for a great a great skin

jmarshall Wrote:Not to detract from the stellar work that CHi3f has done ofcourse - it's a really solid piece of work all around Smile
You guys sure know how to make a lady feel specialSmile

MacGyver Wrote:BTW, If you are going to add a "coverflow" view, feel free to use the one I posted if you don't have the time to write a whole new one from scratch. Smile
I may do that

- rudeboymcc - 2007-09-21

ShortySco Wrote:You can click the right thumbstick to get the power menu (Superfast), not sure if there is a mapped button when using the remote, but i'm sure you can add it in keymap.xml

Shorty

ok that works, but one thing that's important for me is that anyone who hasn't used this before can just sit in front of it and use it. without me having ot tell them how to turn it off. is there any easy way for me to add a shortcut in the main menu for the power options?

and does anyone else think that the big wide view should have some sort of text telling you what it is (as should the dvd view of movies). some covers and thumbnails are a bit diffficult to understand on a crt. could this also be added by me in some xml?

- MacGyver - 2007-09-21

It was late jezz, I didn't even realize that is what you meant, but now that it's daytime, I understand, so:
I REALLY like the changes you guys made, and the code is super smooth too. Smile

I do have a question though, given all the requests for various home menu things, and change this/that, can a home menu function like a media menu, in the way that you can select different views, if so, just use the code from the media views, and let them pick whatever weird view they might want from it, and skin settings for all damn windows (power,scripts,filemanager,credits, whatever), that way all the "can this be on the home page, and can you make it look like this" people wont have anything else to demand.

If you guys do decide to add a circular home view, take mine, but I really think jezz should redo it, his animation in list2 is sooooo smooth.