Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- Jezz_X - 2007-12-24

Kris_Toff Wrote:Correction:
Copy and paste the contents of
./XBMC/skin/xTV/language/English/strings.xml
into
./XBMC/language/English/strings.xml

(I wish I could edit my own post...)

Wrong if that was your issue you need to update your xbmc properly

- Kris_Toff - 2007-12-26

Jezz_X Wrote:Wrong if that was your issue you need to update your xbmc properly

I got a fresh blank install of xbmc (TeCH 12-17 distro)
Got xTV, ran the build.bat
Transferred the BUILD/xTV on the xbox in the skin directory

no font in main menus...

did the copy paste, it worked...

I apparently was not the only one with this issue for which I did not receive ANY help. So far only this work around allowed me to use this great skin...

Tell me what I am doing wrong and I'll do it right Wink

- Jezz_X - 2007-12-26

I suggest you go into system info and look at the build date of your xbmc its at the bottom.

Also post a full debug log to pastebin.com and link it here

- Kris_Toff - 2007-12-26

I usually get the latest Tech build from xbmp.uk.*****.org.
The one I am using currently is
XBMC-SVN_2007-12-09_rev10941-T3CH.rar

I know there is a new one
XBMC-SVN_2007-12-23_rev11071-T3CH.rar and I will try it before posting the log.

Please note that I already posted a log in this thread and that only a FEW DEBUG line appeared, likely not related to the missing string issue...

I have 2 colleagues at work that also reported the same problem so I am not alone. (They are running the rev10941 as well). Hopefully the rev11071 release will work better.

Thanks for your help.

- Kris_Toff - 2007-12-26

I have used the XBMC_PC using the 12-23 T3CH build with the latest xTV svn, ran the build.bat and everything seems to work without my string include.

To make sure I went through the exact same process (from clean state) with the 12-09 T3CH build and the missing font issue came back...

I will try to use this latest version on the xbox when I get home and hopefully, it will work

I guess the 12-09 running in 1080i seemed to be the culprit !

Thanks !!
Smile

- san - 2008-01-01

Is it possible to create the skin on linux? I have XBMC on both my XBOX and my Linux notebook and would love to follow progress on this skin...

Cheers,
San

And a happy new year!!

- Gamester17 - 2008-01-01

Tes you can use any XBMC 'Xbox' skin under XBMC for Linux.

- lingenfr - 2008-01-06

I followed the instructions in the first post to get this from SVN. However, when I FTP to my xbox and try to load it, XBMC says incompatible, must be 2.0. What am I doing wrong? I run linux, so I went to XP under Virtualbox and ran the build.bat. It didn't seem to do anything. It would be helpful if there were a readme (or something).

- rayjayy - 2008-01-06

lingenfr, you need to update your xbmc to the latest t3ch build in order to use the skin.

- TheObo - 2008-01-07

TheObo Wrote:Are the shuffle and/or randomize options available in this skin?
I can't find them anywhere...

I'm specifically talking about when playing Music playlists.

No reply to this.... Sad

FYI, I've found a way around it by mapping a button on my universal remote to "Shuffle" ("XBMC.PlayerControl(random)") - this works a treat.

- CHI3f - 2008-01-08

If you press left or right from the playlist....... list it will show a menu that has the shuffle and randomize options in it, just like all the other lists in the skin.

- Cr8oR - 2008-01-09

Ur Work is awesome thanks for this great skin

- TheObo - 2008-01-09

CHI3f Wrote:If you press left or right from the playlist....... list it will show a menu that has the shuffle and randomize options in it, just like all the other lists in the skin.

Hmmm... I'm sure I've tried that with no luck...Huh
NB: I use Music in NON-Library Mode because server playlists (M3U) don't work (a known issue with XBMC apparently).

I'll load the latest version of the skin and double-check tonight...

Another question:

I have my TV in two seperate places ("current" and "archive")
I have both shares setup as sources and set content to TV - it works fine except for one thing: when I have a show in both places (eg. series 1&2 in "archive" and series 3 in "current") then I get 2 icons the same in the TV Shows Library view (one for each source).

Is this a known issue? Is it fixable?

Thanks

- TheObo - 2008-01-09

CHI3f Wrote:If you press left or right from the playlist....... list it will show a menu that has the shuffle and randomize options in it, just like all the other lists in the skin.

Hmmm... I'm sure I've tried that with no luck...
NB: I use Music in NON-Library Mode because server playlists (M3U) don't work properly (a known issue with XBMC apparently).

I'll load the latest version of the skin and double-check tonight...

Another question:

I have my TV in two seperate places ("current" and "archive")
I have both shares setup as sources and set content to TV - it works fine except for one thing: when I have a show in both places (eg. series 1&2 in "archive" and series 3 in "current") then I get 2 icons the same in the TV Shows Library view (one for each source).

Thanks

- Cr8oR - 2008-01-09

TheObo Wrote:I have my TV in two seperate places ("current" and "archive")

Thanks

Yeah its fixable when u add the source of ur tv shows there is an add button
(im not shure if the Xtv skin has it because i do this in pmIII and then switch it to xTV)
so if u have lets say one show in 2 Hard drives u can add them to just one
source button.
The only thing is that the structure of the sub folder must be the same on
both of the folders u are sharing

ex
ur first source
Code:
Tv Shows-
     Futurama-
        Season 1-
        Season 2-
           Episodes