Kodi Community Forum
xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: AppTV (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+---- Thread: xTV (Apple TV take 1 replica/clone) skin is in the XBMC Skinning Project's SVN (/showthread.php?tid=24617)

- MacGyver - 2007-04-09

Yeah, I found that, it must be new, beacuse I didn't know to look for it, but the box i was using hadn't been updated in awhile before, so it could have been there for awhile.
I wish the skinning engine would be able to deal with this better, because I like the 720p for the menus (the black is darker, and the fonts are crisper) but since most of my movies are less the 300 high, I use ntsc 16x9 for video, but the engine still reads the xmls from 720p, so the fonts are huge. Also when I use 720p for video my xbox's hd will just randomly hash away after every 2 minutes, regardless of cache or not, and with web and ftp turned off, I even set the hd to turn off immediately, and it wakes up just to hash away (for some reason it stops if I do anything with the remote, even volume).
Probably not the best place for posting my issue, but thought it was kind of correct, since the font/resolution issue.

Bigger Icons - raquen - 2007-04-09

So I saw yoy mention maybe going back and adding 512px icons in stead of 256px. Can this be done by just substituting later files with the same name or this there a config file somewhere that needs to be edited with teh new icon sizes?

Keep up the great work!

Bigger Icons - raquen - 2007-04-09

So I saw you mention maybe going back and adding 512px icons in stead of 256px. Can this be done by just substituting later files with the same name or this there a config file somewhere that needs to be edited with teh new icon sizes?

Keep up the great work!

Skin version issue - raquen - 2007-04-10

Maybe this is a noob question...

I have tried this with the compied builds and the svn build and still I get the same issue when I ftp the files over, XBMC complains that the skin is not 2.0.0 or higher. I updated to 2.0.1 over again just to be sure, but it does not like the skin. Is there an xml file or a permission somewhere I should check?

thanks a million!!

- MacGyver - 2007-04-10

If your using XBMC as your dash, you can't replace it while its running, check the xbmc version in system, it will let you know what version your running.
If it's your dash, try launching evox or avalaunch from xbmc then ftping it over.

Latest build a must!! - raquen - 2007-04-11

Just a little help for all of those who aren't using SVN and compiling their own build.
You have to find a build from Feb or newer!!
if not you will get skin incompatibility errors.

Edit by pike: This forum is free of XBMC Binaries

The skin looks great!
only question is, can we swap the 256px icons for 512px icons or is there something more we need to do?

thx keep up the good work!!

- MacGyver - 2007-04-11

Hey, Chi3f.
Is the any reason that this bit of code is causing the harddrive to hash now since the 4/8/07 update?

<control type="progress">
<posx>30</posx>
<posy>460</posy>
<width>250</width>
<height>15</height>
<info>Player.Progress</info>
<texturebg>progressbar-background-blue-alpha.png</texturebg>
<lefttexture>progress-left.png</lefttexture>
<midtexture>progress-middle.png</midtexture>
<righttexture>progress-right.png</righttexture>
<overlaytexture>-</overlaytexture>
<visible>System.IdleTime(64)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="0" time="400">Visible</animation>
</control>

It took awhile but I narrowed it down to this bit of code.
Funny thing is it's not the code itself, it's the the control call itself, if I comment it out it stops hashing, but looses the onscreen menu, if I comment out everything but the control header and end, it still hashs, but no menu.

I though it was a missing texture, but i put real ones in the media folder for the missing texture error in the log, and for all the textures in the "progress" control in defaults.xml, and in the above code.

It only started after the 4/8/07 update, hass anyone else noticed this.
I though it was a xbmc bug at first related to the hdd smart code, but it's not. Here is the full breakdown from the bug report forum.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=25759

.....it's not a defective hardrive noise, it's very exact, when a movie is playing or on pause, the harddrive will start to hash away after 30 secs.
if I press anything on the remote or controller, from volume to pause, the hashing will stop, for exactly 30 secs. then it will start back up again, it will go forever just whirring, it doesn't do it in the gui, it does it with cache, no cache, nd in every video resolution, seems to have started just after a 4/1/07 upgrade, it does it in both t3ch, and pimped, as well as links2xbmc all made after 4/1/07. it sounds like a harddrive defragging. BTW, it will wake up the harddrive to make its little noise, i know this because i set it to sleep immediately, and the drive spun down, then 30 sec later, the video studdered and the harddrive spun back up to hash......

It only does it in xTv, not PM3.

Let me know what you think it might be.

- CHI3f - 2007-04-12

It has to be the timeout set for the now playing screens. I am seriously thinking about getting rid of em as they have been causing more problems than anything.

- RockDawg - 2007-04-14

MacGyver Wrote:Yeah, I noticed it was still broken too, so I added:

A Carnivale fan huh? Me too. It was an excellent show. It really sucked when they didn't renew it for a 3rd season.

xTV skin: how to stop music? - bandgap112 - 2007-04-21

Hi,

I just joined the club and would like to say hi to everyone.

I'm using XBMC with xTV skin. Does anyone know how to stop the music being played from Music folder? When I press the Start button, a menu shows up with options for skip, pause, forward and rewind, but not stop.

Thanks,

bandgap

- El Piranna - 2007-04-22

bandgap112 Wrote:Hi,

I just joined the club and would like to say hi to everyone.

I'm using XBMC with xTV skin. Does anyone know how to stop the music being played from Music folder? When I press the Start button, a menu shows up with options for skip, pause, forward and rewind, but not stop.

Thanks,

bandgap

Button "B", if i remember...

- xino - 2007-04-22

El Piranna Wrote:Button "B", if i remember...
yea..just press the X Button to go to full screen, then press B

- CHI3f - 2007-04-22

I guess I can put a stop button in the player controls

- CHI3f - 2007-04-23

Just added the stop button to the player controls. It is in the svn.

- mjsmyth - 2007-04-23

Anyone out there any good at creating icons? I have been searching high and low for icons for the following categories that would suit xTV.

Movies
Documentaries
Music Videos
Streams
TV Shows
XXX

Anyone think that they could create something that works well with the style of the xTV skin?

I'm just a cad monkey, I just deal with straight lines and arcs unfortunatley, and am not very good at all with graphics.

Thanks,

MJ