Kodi Community Forum
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=246430)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - pinguy - 2017-02-15

(2017-02-14, 03:24)lparker Wrote: Anyone have the latest Jarvis version? The last link around page 92/93 doesn't appear to be up anymore. I'm running the version from OP on a couple Jarvis boxes. It works well enough, but I really like some of the changes to the submenus that Alanon has made.

Fantastic work on the Krypton version Alanon! I'm using it on my Krypton boxes, it's my new favorite after using Mimic for the last year or so.

skin.eminence.2.mod.zip (Jarvis)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-15

1. Added manfeed's lyrics.
2. Fixes for Hub widgets.
3. Fixes for weather.
4. Added music genre and record label resources.
5. Added record label icons in dialog infos.
6. Refined view types and categories.
7. Added the old Hub menu as an option.
8. Improved QuickNav and submenu handling.
9. Functional Genre widget.

As you can see from the little showcase, this batch brings some neat improvements. First off, all the bugs mentioned by previous users have (hopefully) been fixed. I've also noticed some incongruity with the way some of the features were behaving, and tried to improve that also.

@naco_proex: As you can see in the image, there's an option for the Hub menu especially for you. Big Grin

I've added support for more resources. First off, you should now be able to select any genre resource pack, not simply the ones in jpg. The biggest effect they will have is obviously in the List view, where you can now see studios, labels, music and movie genres within the view itself. Due to the way Kodi works, the icons can't be added to most views, which is a shame. You can also see the genre icons in your widgets. I've added this since I've realised it's pretty much useless without some kind of artwork. Luckily it was set up in such a way as to avoid the limitations of Kodi's resource handling. Also, I've added the record label icons in the music dialog infos (If there's no icon, but data is present, it will revert to the label display.)

Finally, I've added manfeed's excellent new visual candy that displays the lyrics as a series of animated snippets in bright colours. They fall over, rotate, slide, swing, and do a variety of fun things that make listening, as well as viewing the lyrics a fresh experience. You might notice that sometimes there's an overlap between the OSD and the lyrics, but the whole interface is tight-knit, so there's very little room for any kind of tweak.

The new visuals are presented as an option, so you can always go back to the classic lyrics view. Also, keep in mind that the new visuals require 10 new fonts, therefore, you need to use the default font setting. The Arial setting is really meant as a fallback, and manfeed spent a lot of time to make sure that everything is perfect in the font department, so his lyrics rendered in arial make no sense. On the other hand, adding 10 fresh fonts in the Arial font set makes no sense either.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - pinguy - 2017-02-16

@Alanon Thank you so much for fixing the bugs I mention.

Just a heads up. One of the changes you made to v.2.1 has broken the logo header that shows in the hubs.

EDIT#

I had to replace Includes_Image.xml

EDIT2#

WOW!!! Manfeed's lyrics are awesome!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - naco.proex - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-15, 23:19)Alanon Wrote:

1. Added manfeed's lyrics.
2. Fixes for Hub widgets.
3. Fixes for weather.
4. Added music genre and record label resources.
5. Added record label icons in dialog infos.
6. Refined view types and categories.
7. Added the old Hub menu as an option.
8. Improved QuickNav and submenu handling.
9. Functional Genre widget.

As you can see from the little showcase, this batch brings some neat improvements. First off, all the bugs mentioned by previous users have (hopefully) been fixed. I've also noticed some incongruity with the way some of the features were behaving, and tried to improve that also.

@naco_proex: As you can see in the image, there's an option for the Hub menu especially for you. Big Grin

I've added support for more resources. First off, you should now be able to select any genre resource pack, not simply the ones in jpg. The biggest effect they will have is obviously in the List view, where you can now see studios, labels, music and movie genres within the view itself. Due to the way Kodi works, the icons can't be added to most views, which is a shame. You can also see the genre icons in your widgets. I've added this since I've realised it's pretty much useless without some kind of artwork. Luckily it was set up in such a way as to avoid the limitations of Kodi's resource handling. Also, I've added the record label icons in the music dialog infos (If there's no icon, but data is present, it will revert to the label display.)

Finally, I've added manfeed's excellent new visual candy that displays the lyrics as a series of animated snippets in bright colours. They fall over, rotate, slide, swing, and do a variety of fun things that make listening, as well as viewing the lyrics a fresh experience. You might notice that sometimes there's an overlap between the OSD and the lyrics, but the whole interface is tight-knit, so there's very little room for any kind of tweak.

The new visuals are presented as an option, so you can always go back to the classic lyrics view. Also, keep in mind that the new visuals require 10 new fonts, therefore, you need to use the default font setting. The Arial setting is really meant as a fallback, and manfeed spent a lot of time to make sure that everything is perfect in the font department, so his lyrics rendered in arial make no sense. On the other hand, adding 10 fresh fonts in the Arial font set makes no sense either.

Alanon,

Thanks, my friend!

You are brilliant!

A hug from your Brazilian fan !!!!

I would like to suggest one thing. It's a great sin for you to do a brilliant job like this, on a topic titled: DISCONTINUED.

Many people do not take advantage of the best skin out there (and I've tested ALL), simply by the word DISCONTINUED in the title.

Why do not you move your posts to a new topic? Where else can people take advantage of your great work?

It's just an idea.

See you.

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

WONDERFUL

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - eurogroovem5 - 2017-02-16

Is there a fix for the weather widget disappearing? I had it active before 2.0.9, but now its gone and honestly i dont even know how it became available as a widget. Currently weather isn't an option on the widget menu.

I saw another post regarding this from Sept 2016, but it seemed more helpful on a personal level... sharing xmls and helping each other edit through the forums and all... sorry to annoy...

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 13:50)eurogroovem5 Wrote: Is there a fix for the weather widget disappearing? I had it active before 2.0.9, but now its gone and honestly i dont even know how it became available as a widget. Currently weather isn't an option on the widget menu.

I saw another post regarding this from Sept 2016, but it seemed more helpful on a personal level... sharing xmls and helping each other edit through the forums and all... sorry to annoy...

If I recall correctly, the only time when the widget doesn't appear is when for whatever reason you have no weather icons selected in the options. The setting path is one of the visibility conditions for the widget. The same goes for the widget bevels and the rotating discs. I've noticed that sometimes after a restore, settings like the bevels and resources don't get restored properly, not all paths get set, but they do work. In these cases it's best to set these things again. Hope this helps.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-02-16

Small update: In the next couple of days I'd like to open a new thread for the skin, and hopefully start with a nice first post explaining everything.

If you have some nice screenshots of the skins features, both old and new, PM me, I'll add them into a gallery that will be in the first post.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - groo - 2017-02-16

Alanon, any chance you've made a 2.1 update for Jarvis?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - pinguy - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-16, 14:10)Alanon Wrote: Small update: In the next couple of days I'd like to open a new thread for the skin, and hopefully start with a nice first post explaining everything.

If you have some nice screenshots of the skins features, both old and new, PM me, I'll add them into a gallery that will be in the first post.

watch gallery

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2017-02-17

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2017-02-17

Alanon, any easy way to disable the animations in the skin. Im trying to narrow down some slowdowns when opening addons/menus, etc. Some stuff seems more sluggish than Jarvis versions. 2.1 shows a great improvement in overall speed for me. I love everything your doing for the skin. Thanks!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - eurogroovem5 - 2017-02-17

Is it possible to still show the RSS ticker with a text only home bar?

@Alanon
Thanks for the tip on the weather widget. I had it perfect for 10 minutes, but now I cant have the widget with my custom wallpapers. The wallpaper set that comes with weather fanart-multi overwrites my wallpapers. So I see them for 2 seconds before the widget loads. If I then choose custom backgrounds for that hub, I get the backgrounds but no widget.

@pinguy
I had my maintenance tools as the hub for settings as well, but every time i scrolled over the settings hub clear cache would activate. Did you ever have this problem?

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - pinguy - 2017-02-17

(2017-02-17, 21:20)eurogroovem5 Wrote: @pinguy
I had my maintenance tools as the hub for settings as well, but every time i scrolled over the settings hub clear cache would activate. Did you ever have this problem?

Yep. Also with the new indigo maintenance tool, the subs addon keeps installing.
Not sure if it is a skin issue or an issue with the maintenance tool.

Bug:

When hitting back instead of you being brought back to the hub when clicking a shortcut. It takes you one level up within the add-on. So I need hit back twice to return to the hub. Finding this slightly annoying.

@jdig4240

Also noticed it is not as snappy as the Jarvis version, but this could be due to Krypton and not the skin. I am finding many things are running a lot slower on Krypton. Video streams have a noticeable delay before they play and the iVue guide is pretty slow compared to how it runs on Jarvis. To be honest tempted to go back to 16.1 and wait for 17.1. Wish @Alanon could update the Jarvis skin so it has the same features as the Krypton version.