Kodi Community Forum
Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton (/showthread.php?tid=246430)

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - naco.proex - 2017-01-27

(2017-01-27, 04:51)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 02:18)naco.proex Wrote: Amazing, dear Alanon!!!

P.S: The label that indicates the position of the movie in imdb has disappeared.

Which rating do you mean? The top250?

Exact!

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Perfect Styles - 2017-01-29

Alanon,

Thanks cannot be said enough for all of your time and efforts in putting this together. Its amazing. Love using this modded version of Eminence. Very appreciative of all your efforts.

Thanks again

*** One small question in case I am missing something...when i goto the "picture source" to set my source for vacation photos, there is only the picture addon option showing and the "add pictures" option is missing. If you can get that into your next update that would be great, unless I am missing something and there is another way to set the source for pictures/photos.

Thanks

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-01-29

@Naco.proex: I couldn't reproduce this issue. Whatever I do, I still get the top250. Perhaps you didn't notice the change in the icon? Instead of IMDB Top250 icon, it now shows the actual position. eg. #110 for a film that's in that position on the list. I've made some additional mods, so it should even work for TV shows. Whenever there's data, it should appear in the bottom, among the other flags.

@Perfect Styles: Thanks for all you kind words! You are right to be puzzled. Not only were the buttons missing from the Pictures dialog, but from all other library dialogs as well. I've checked, and it seems that in the mod and original both there were visibility conditions that weren't being met. After removing them the buttons came back. As soon as I've wrapped up some other fixes, I'll post a new version here. Smile

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-01-29

1. Added a Quick navigation shortcuts menu.
2. Further code updates from Eminence 2.5.
3. Fix for Library selection buttons.
4. A fix for true hidden headers.
5. PVR visual fixes.
6. Overhaul of the available views.
7. Further mouse control improvements.

This update brings two new things. The first is a Quick Navigation feature. It uses skin shortcuts to set up, which means that you can place pretty much anything in there for easy access. You can reach it in two ways. The first, if you are a remote user, is by getting to the setting menu and pressing up. It will then show the menu. Pressing down from QuickNav will return you to the place you were before, while pressing up will exit straight to the Home screen. If you are a mouse user, you can reach the quickmenu by going to the top of the screen with your cursor. That will drop down the menu. Obviously, the remote users are at a slight disadvantage since there are places where there is just no settings panel, but I couldn't find an equally reliable method that works in more places.

The second update is a rough rework of the available views selection. The view selector uses Kodi's content tags to determine availability, which resulted in many missing options. On the other hand, there were often mishaps since something like list view still didn't work in PVR modes. So, I've rewritten all the content tags for the selector, listing the ones that were confirmed to work, i.e. the ones that did not immediately revert back to list.

This means that you can have on average 5-6 available views for previously unavailable places like addons, genres, actors, tags, etc. This also expanded the views for videos, images, songs and the like (the youtube addon now has 10 usable views). Keep in mind that even in these cases there are exceptions. For instance, in some places the views that work with the "files" category won't work in more peculiar files sections. Even in the views that don't error out, some of them look ugly or are useless for certain content types.

I didn't have the strength to fine-tune the views even more. If someone would be willing to help speed things up, I need a catalog of the views that aren't really useful/appropriate for the various content types, so I can remove them from the list sooner (for example, the thumbs view is useless for the Genre category). I'll be sure to get around to it, but since I don't personally use many of these categories, it will be pretty tedious. Also, another thing to consider is that some of the views, especially the artwork-based ones, could be modified slightly to be better suited for certain content, although that's a ways away.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - tocinillo - 2017-01-30

(2017-01-29, 22:22)Alanon Wrote:

1. Added a Quick navigation shortcuts menu.
2. Further code updates from Eminence 2.5.
3. Fix for Library selection buttons.
4. A fix for true hidden headers.
5. PVR visual fixes.
6. Overhaul of the available views.
7. Further mouse control improvements.

This update brings two new things. The first is a Quick Navigation feature. It uses skin shortcuts to set up, which means that you can place pretty much anything in there for easy access. You can reach it in two ways. The first, if you are a remote user, is by getting to the setting menu and pressing up. It will then show the menu. Pressing down from QuickNav will return you to the place you were before, while pressing up will exit straight to the Home screen. If you are a mouse user, you can reach the quickmenu by going to the top of the screen with your cursor. That will drop down the menu. Obviously, the remote users are at a slight disadvantage since there are places where there is just no settings panel, but I couldn't find an equally reliable method that works in more places.

The second update is a rough rework of the available views selection. The view selector uses Kodi's content tags to determine availability, which resulted in many missing options. On the other hand, there were often mishaps since something like list view still didn't work in PVR modes. So, I've rewritten all the content tags for the selector, listing the ones that were confirmed to work, i.e. the ones that did not immediately revert back to list.

This means that you can have on average 5-6 available views for previously unavailable places like addons, genres, actors, tags, etc. This also expanded the views for videos, images, songs and the like (the youtube addon now has 10 usable views). Keep in mind that even in these cases there are exceptions. For instance, in some places the views that work with the "files" category won't work in more peculiar files sections. Even in the views that don't error out, some of them look ugly or are useless for certain content types.

I didn't have the strength to fine-tune the views even more. If someone would be willing to help speed things up, I need a catalog of the views that aren't really useful/appropriate for the various content types, so I can remove them from the list sooner (for example, the thumbs view is useless for the Genre category). I'll be sure to get around to it, but since I don't personally use many of these categories, it will be pretty tedious. Also, another thing to consider is that some of the views, especially the artwork-based ones, could be modified slightly to be better suited for certain content, although that's a ways away.

Hi Alanon,

Thanks for your work. Just a report: with your first version (no number, the really first) the home tile (upper left, the "media center" tile) was working nice, but the next releases (until the recent 2.0) the tile is broken, it's not appear. Only the text and logo.

Can you fix it?

Thanks again Smile

PS: The problem is in the Includes_Furniture.xml, replacing with the previous one fix the problem. I'll see inside.+

PS2: OK. Edit Includes_Furniture.xml file and search the line:

<visible>[VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen + !Skin.HasSetting(disable.headertile)]</visible>

Replace the line (3 times) with:

<visible>[VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen | !Skin.HasSetting(disable.headertile)]</visible>

Fixed Smile

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Perfect Styles - 2017-01-30

Thanks Alanon... just want to report however that the Library sources (for pictures was not fixed when I tried it) I still only see the option for Picture Addons...and not the line underneath which should read.."add pictures" and then we choose the folder where our pictures are stored.

Having said that, I would say that this is my testing so I would hope that a few others can chime in and confirm or not confirm whether they also have the same issue. Could always be user error lol but just wanted to report this.

Again, thanks for taking time out of your schedule to make a good skin and transforming it into Kodi's best skin by far.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - Alanon - 2017-01-30

(2017-01-30, 01:09)tocinillo Wrote: Hi Alanon,

Thanks for your work. Just a report: with your first version (no number, the really first) the home tile (upper left, the "media center" tile) was working nice, but the next releases (until the recent 2.0) the tile is broken, it's not appear. Only the text and logo.

Can you fix it?

Thanks again Smile

PS: The problem is in the Includes_Furniture.xml, replacing with the previous one fix the problem. I'll see inside.+

PS2: OK. Edit Includes_Furniture.xml file and search the line:

<visible>[VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen + !Skin.HasSetting(disable.headertile)]</visible>

Replace the line (3 times) with:

<visible>[VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen | !Skin.HasSetting(disable.headertile)]</visible>

Fixed Smile

Yup, you're right. I was trying to find an easy way of completely removing headers when the setting is activated. It turned out there was no easy way, and I forgot to revert it back. There'll be an update in the morning fixing that little mess, hopefully with some other improvements too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Wink

(2017-01-30, 02:41)Perfect Styles Wrote: Thanks Alanon... just want to report however that the Library sources (for pictures was not fixed when I tried it) I still only see the option for Picture Addons...and not the line underneath which should read.."add pictures" and then we choose the folder where our pictures are stored.

Having said that, I would say that this is my testing so I would hope that a few others can chime in and confirm or not confirm whether they also have the same issue. Could always be user error lol but just wanted to report this.

Again, thanks for taking time out of your schedule to make a good skin and transforming it into Kodi's best skin by far.

Here's what I get:

No matter what I do, I can't reproduce your issue. At first I thought you meant that the dialog buttons themselves were not showing. But if the actual "Add pictures..." is not present, then that's a much more puzzling issue. The problem is, it's not an actual button, so it's technically not skinnable. It should look identical in any setup. The fact that it doesn't show could signal issues with your Kodi installation. Have you perhaps tried a reinstall?

The only other thing I can possibly think of is that perhaps you haven't enabled the actual Kodi setting for showing "add sources"? There's a little button for that under Settings/Library/General (anything above Basic settings level).

As promised, here's a quick update. I've reverted back the header mishap, modified some more of the backgrounds and dialogs code to match Eminence 2.5.

I've also added a new feature that I modified from the Estuary MOD skin. By pressing the info OSD button (the button that's on the screen, not the keyboard), you will have a new panel with a special "cast scroll" for the item being played. This is enabled by a new skinhelper feature.

Pressing the i on the keyboard will pop-up the info panel, and whichever mode was chosen. The OSD button functions as a setting toggle, so you can practically just leave it on and have the cast overlay the regular info, which will be hidden underneath. The same behaviour applies if you've selected info on pause, so effectively you have two types on infopanels available. Depending on your preference, you can use them as a sort of quick switch, or as two distinct options.

Enjoy. Big Grin

(2017-01-30, 15:28)Alanon Wrote:

As promised, here's a quick update. I've reverted back the header mishap, modified some more of the backgrounds and dialogs code to match Eminence 2.5.

I've also added a new feature that I modified from the Estuary MOD skin. By pressing the info OSD button (the button that's on the screen, not the keyboard), you will have a new panel with a special "cast scroll" for the item being played. This is enabled by a new skinhelper feature.

Pressing the i on the keyboard will pop-up the info panel, and whichever mode was chosen. The OSD button functions as a setting toggle, so you can practically just leave it on and have the cast overlay the regular info, which will be hidden underneath. The same behaviour applies if you've selected info on pause, so effectively you have two types on infopanels available. Depending on your preference, you can use them as a sort of quick switch, or as two distinct options.

Enjoy. Big Grin

Thanks again! Amazing work, I really love this MOD Wink

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - jdig4240 - 2017-01-30

(2017-01-30, 15:28)Alanon Wrote:

Enjoy. Big Grin
Not a huge problem, but the shutdown menu doesnt seem to show correctly on latest 2.0.2?

Duplicated.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - SkywalkerPD - 2017-01-30

Alanon, all I can say is wow! I'm in love with this skin.

I have on problem with the skin, I'm not able to use any of the transparency features? They are just not clickable in the menu? They are there, but I can't get them to work.... Am I missing something?

Regards,
Pascal

(2017-01-30, 15:28)Alanon Wrote: //

Alanon, just a question. I'm trying to modify the skin to work correctly with Plex Addon. If you try it, you can see the seek bar on top (when you're playing something), so I modified DialogSeekBar.xml:

Line 5, from:

Quote:<visible>[VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen | Window.IsVisible(visualisation)]</visible>

To:

Quote:<visible>[Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowInfo | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + !Window.IsVisible(MusicOSD) + VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen</visible>

Then, in the first "group" I deleted the line:

Quote:<animation effect="slide" start="0" end="0,-64" time="200" condition="Window.IsVisible(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(videoosd)">Conditional</animation>

Ok, now Plex addon is working nicely, info button in Eminence is working ok BUT when I pulse "M" I can see that the buttons are under the seek bar (you now, time, aspect ratio button, resolution, etc.); at least I can use the main buttons: pause, stop, skip forward, etc

Can you help me? Estuary and Aeon Nox also work with Plex addon.

Thanks.

1. Power menu fix.
2. ColorPicker fixes.
3. Moved the busy spinner.
4. Moved the user ratings under the clock.

I've moved the star rating under the clock to relax the space in the bottom a bit. I quite like the way it looks, but I can change it back if you don't like it. I've also moved the spinner next to the clock when the headers are disabled. Without the header, the spinner collides with the large labels in the top section, which is pretty ugly. This was the only convenient place to move it.

@jdig4240: Fixed in this update! Nice catch! Big Grin

@SkywalkerPD: Nope, you're not missing anything. It seems that the color picker has been less than friendly since Krypton! I haven't actually entered it in a long time, so I haven't even noticed it. Fixed most of the problems in this update. Be mindful, for whatever reason, the "Cancel" button doesn't work, so every time you enter the addon, you have to save the color to leave the window. But that's what the reset button is there for. xD

@tocinillo: From what you've described and the changes you've listed, it seems to me that the problem is in the animation. The rest of the interface probably expects the animation to be there, and lift everything up by 64 pixels. When this doesn't happen, it bugs out. Still, I could be wrong, a couple of screenshots might help. BTW, what is needed to install/use Plex? If there's an easy setup, I can try and add some kind of special interface for Plex users.

RE: Eminence 2 MOD (DISCONTINUED) - Jarvis & Krypton - SkywalkerPD - 2017-01-30

(2017-01-30, 22:24)Alanon Wrote:
1. Power menu fix.
2. ColorPicker fixes.
3. Moved the busy spinner.
4. Moved the user ratings under the clock.

I've moved the star rating under the clock to relax the space in the bottom a bit. I quite like the way it looks, but I can change it back if you don't like it. I've also moved the spinner next to the clock when the headers are disabled. Without the header, the spinner collides with the large labels in the top section, which is pretty ugly. This was the only convenient place to move it.

@jdig4240: Fixed in this update! Nice catch! Big Grin

@SkywalkerPD: Nope, you're not missing anything. It seems that the color picker has been less than friendly since Krypton! I haven't actually entered it in a long time, so I haven't even noticed it. Fixed most of the problems in this update. Be mindful, for whatever reason, the "Cancel" button doesn't work, so every time you enter the addon, you have to save the color to leave the window. But that's what the reset button is there for. xD

@tocinillo: From what you've described and the changes you've listed, it seems to me that the problem is in the animation. The rest of the interface probably expects the animation to be there, and lift everything up by 64 pixels. When this doesn't happen, it bugs out. Still, I could be wrong, a couple of screenshots might help. BTW, what is needed to install/use Plex? If there's an easy setup, I can try and add some kind of special interface for Plex users.

Thanks for the effort! I updated to 2.0.3. Rebooted and tried to change color en opacity. I did this by selecting 'Homebar color and opacity'. Like before clicking this option is not doing anything. Below is part of my log...

Skin Helper Service --> Deprecated method: colorpicker. Please call script.skin.helper.colorpicker directly
22:16:34.490 T:1961807872 WARNING: Previous line repeats 5 times.
22:16:34.490 T:1961807872 NOTICE: NFS is idle. Closing the remaining connections.
22:16:41.578 T:1368388512 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Deprecated method: colorpicker. Please call script.skin.helper.colorpicker directly
22:16:47.703 T:1961807872 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-group-quicknav
22:16:48.587 T:1464857504 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting include
22:17:10.730 T:1961807872 ERROR: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script script.toolbox
22:17:25.723 T:1961807872 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-group-quicknav
22:17:26.232 T:1677755296 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting include
22:17:35.655 T:1357112224 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Deprecated method: colorpicker. Please call script.skin.helper.colorpicker directly