Kodi Community Forum
Mod Holiday Mod 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Mod Holiday Mod 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=252248)

Pages: 1 2 3

Holiday Mod 2.0 - latts9923 - 2015-12-16

Hey folks,

I updated the Holiday Mod to work with the new 3.3.0 update. I fought with the animated gif for two days, and then once I got it just how I wanted it, I was quashed by the Texture Packer (the video explains more). Nevertheless, I was able to add an animated Menu Style, along with another Christmas Style and a new Candy Cane font. There is also a changelog included with the mod. I was unable to keep from attaching a new Textures.xbt file...something with the animated gif and either the skin itself or KODI.

I want to thank those who gave me the idea to create the mod...Wanilton & schumi2004. Also, thanks to CraftyMc for the idea to add the Christmas wreath.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Holiday Mod 2.0

Christmas Video Intro

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - bscwuenn - 2015-12-16

Hey latts
great work, right on time.
I really appreciate this.

Merry Christmas to you.

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - schumi2004 - 2015-12-16

Thanks, will test it asap Wink

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - latts9923 - 2015-12-16

@bscwuenn

Thanks! You bet!

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - movie78 - 2015-12-16

Thanks!!

Everything is working except the THEME doesn't show anything...

Any help?

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - latts9923 - 2015-12-17

@movie78

Make sure you download the Extrapack available from either Skin Settings or the KODI Repo. Then download the extrapack file below and extract the two folders to the extrapack folder located at userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq6.extrapack. You should be good to go after that!

Holiday Extrapack

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - movie78 - 2015-12-17

Thanks!
Great Mod...

My color flag mod doesn't work with this one...
Time to do some tweaking myself... Just don't know where to start.

@movie78

You bet! Thanks!

I need to install the color flag mod. If that mod alters some of the same files as my mod, and you copied and pasted the files, you wiped out the color flag mod. I'll check it out and see what files it makes changes to.

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - bry - 2015-12-17

You could use notepad++ and compare the two files

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - sonic - 2015-12-17

latts9923 : Thanks for your new version of this nice mod Smile

@movie78

Yeah, it modifies Includes.xml and IncludesVariables.xml just like my mod. I started marking the changes it makes last night. As soon as I get them all marked, I'll PM you the info and you can paste it into the two files. You should be good to go after that.

@sonic

You're welcome! I was working hard to get the new version out before Christmas so everyone could enjoy it.

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - movie78 - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-17, 15:43)latts9923 Wrote: @movie78

Yeah, it modifies Includes.xml and IncludesVariables.xml just like my mod. I started marking the changes it makes last night. As soon as I get them all marked, I'll PM you the info and you can paste it into the two files. You should be good to go after that.

Thanks for your Mod and help!!!

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - latts9923 - 2015-12-18

@movie78

OK...after going cross-eyed comparing the files side by side, I think I got it figured out. Nod

Replace your includes.xml and IncludesVariables.xml files with the new ones below. That should do the trick!

Color flag mod fix

RE: Holiday Mod 2.0 - latts9923 - 2015-12-18

@movie78

Doh! I just noticed something else.

Once you insert the new IncludesVariables.xml, look for this...

Code:
<variable name="value_codecdefault">
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),none)">-</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),bluray)">flags/videocodec/bluray.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),webtv)">flags/videocodec/webtv.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),hdtv)">flags/videocodec/hdtv.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),3dbd)">flags/videocodec/3dbd.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),dvd)">flags/videocodec/dvd.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),set)">flags/videocodec/set.png</value>
<value condition="SubString(skin.string(codec_default),4k)">flags/videocodec/4k.png</value>
</variable>

and replace on each line where it has "flags/videocodec" with "flags/casecodec".

You'll have to do that with 7 more variables after that. Just keep scrolling down and you'll find them. I did a find and replace but I missed these.

They're named...

Code:
<variable name="value_codecbluray">

<variable name="value_codec3dbd">

<variable name="value_codecwebtv">

<variable name="value_codechdtv">

<variable name="value_codecdvd">

<variable name="value_codecset">

<variable name="value_codec4k">