Kodi Community Forum
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On (/showthread.php?tid=25522)

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-15, 02:24)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 00:49)Basje Wrote: The problem is that I need more than the channel, show and episode name.

I need an URL to open so I can get an stream from it. And the episode could actually have multiple videos and should be treated as a folder. In some cases I need meta data from the parent item, like a title or thumb.

I tried storing the meta data in files and just put an ID in the XOT-Uzg.v3 url, but that got very slow on devices like the ATV2 and rPi.

I even created an XBMC service that could store all the meta data in memory, but the overhead from sending and receiving the days was too large and it got a slower and too complex.

So at this point I am stuck with this solution, where I use the url to pass some sort of SessionState on to the next item.

But if there is somebody with a very smart idea to solve this, I am very willing to give it a try.

Okay, i think i get the limitations. Maybe this idea is flawed as well, but maybe the link can be:
Code:
plugin://pluginname/link=complete/path/as/in/plugin

That way maybe the plugin can follow the exact path as you would normally do with the remote (as in emulating the browsing with the remote)

Now i'm thinking of it, that would probably also be to slow, since it would "click" its way threw the plugin, which would ofcourse also can take a little while, especially on slower hardware. But hey, i'm justing putting the idea's out there, maybe it helps.

I guess there's also no way to have plugin links that long in a .strm file? Sad (while still being playable by xbmc ofcourse). Then i'm afraid i'll have to give up what i'm trying to do for now.

And i wondered if it would be possible to hide short video's like promo's and such?

Thanks for your quick responses Nerd!
Perhaps you should find a different angle in solving your problem: Why does XBMC not like the URL in a strm file, but does take it in the favourites? Perhaps they can remove the limitation from the strm file? It seems like it has a maximum of 1478 characters, perhaps that would make things easier?

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - mikeya - 2013-11-17

I have been searching for a while about this. I can't seem to figure out how to search for a program in the RTL channels. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - zilexa - 2013-11-17

Can you please rename your add-on to a name that makes more sense? It does not make sense to anyone who is looking for online tv streams when they are browsing add-ons on the couch so they will not find xot uzg!

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 13:05)mikeya Wrote: I have been searching for a while about this. I can't seem to figure out how to search for a program in the RTL channels. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

You can't search. It's not supported. They are sorted on alphabet, so you should be able to find it.

(2013-11-17, 13:13)zilexa Wrote: Can you please rename your add-on to a name that makes more sense? It does not make sense to anyone who is looking for online tv streams when they are browsing add-ons on the couch so they will not find xot uzg!

There was a lot of discussion around namings, but it does make some sense if you know what it stands for: XOT-Uzg = XBMC Online TV and UZG = Uitzending Gemist, which is Dutch for missed episodes. And if you Google for XBMC Online TV you get this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=xbmc+online+tv

And we are in the top 3 hits. So I guess we are good.

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - zilexa - 2013-11-17

Yeah but you forget that most people just use xbmc from the couch, they don't Google the meaning of xot uzg. And I don't understand the last part, makes no sense "if you Google XBMC Online TV we are in the top 3" ? Why do you have a cryptic name then if you already know people a're Googling XBMC Online TV? That just seems weird, xbmc is about being able to do every thing with ease from the couch..

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-17, 14:43)zilexa Wrote: Yeah but you forget that most people just use xbmc from the couch, they don't Google the meaning of xot uzg. And I don't understand the last part, makes no sense "if you Google XBMC Online TV we are in the top 3" ? Why do you have a cryptic name then if you already know people a're Googling XBMC Online TV? That just seems weird, xbmc is about being able to do every thing with ease from the couch..

Don't see it as criticism, it was just to show that people can find XOT-Uzg if you would google for XBMC Online TV (XOT for short).

But like I said, it has been a debate for a long time and as we are getting more and more international users, we might eventually loose the UZG part and just keep XOT and then (like you and others suggest) expand it to XBMC Online TV. So let's just see what the future brings.

Perhaps when we discontinue the program add-on version and only use the video add-on version we might change the name and major version?

Sounds like a good plan!

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Sleuteltje - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-15, 11:28)Basje Wrote: Perhaps you should find a different angle in solving your problem: Why does XBMC not like the URL in a strm file, but does take it in the favourites? Perhaps they can remove the limitation from the strm file? It seems like it has a maximum of 1478 characters, perhaps that would make things easier?

You're right. That is something that's weird. XBMC should be able to do the same things in .strm files as in a favorite.xml file. I'm relativly new to this whole xbmc thing. Could you possibly point me in the right direction with a question like "Can we add more than 1478 characters in a .strm file? Or can this be added in a later update?".

On the note of XOT, i really like that i'm able to go to Ned 1,2,3 en see the episodes of today, or yesterday. Could it be possible to also view the newly added episodes in channels as SBS 6 etc.?

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 16:56)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2013-11-15, 11:28)Basje Wrote: Perhaps you should find a different angle in solving your problem: Why does XBMC not like the URL in a strm file, but does take it in the favourites? Perhaps they can remove the limitation from the strm file? It seems like it has a maximum of 1478 characters, perhaps that would make things easier?

You're right. That is something that's weird. XBMC should be able to do the same things in .strm files as in a favorite.xml file. I'm relativly new to this whole xbmc thing. Could you possibly point me in the right direction with a question like "Can we add more than 1478 characters in a .strm file? Or can this be added in a later update?".
I don't exactly know where to look. But I can have a quick look at the XBMC sources. I will let you know.

(2013-11-18, 16:56)Sleuteltje Wrote: On the note of XOT, i really like that i'm able to go to Ned 1,2,3 en see the episodes of today, or yesterday. Could it be possible to also view the newly added episodes in channels as SBS 6 etc.?
I don't think that the kijk.nl does not have such a overview of recently added episodes? Does it.

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Sleuteltje - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 21:07)Basje Wrote: I don't exactly know where to look. But I can have a quick look at the XBMC sources. I will let you know.
Thank you.

Basje Wrote:I don't think that the kijk.nl does not have such a overview of recently added episodes? Does it.
Actually, it does. If you go to kijk.nl and you click on "meer gemist", you can see the newest episodes. You can then also filter by channel, paid/free etc.

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 22:34)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2013-11-18, 21:07)Basje Wrote: I don't exactly know where to look. But I can have a quick look at the XBMC sources. I will let you know.
Thank you.

Basje Wrote:I don't think that the kijk.nl does not have such a overview of recently added episodes? Does it.
Actually, it does. If you go to kijk.nl and you click on "meer gemist", you can see the newest episodes. You can then also filter by channel, paid/free etc.

Ok, could you create an "Enhancement Request" on the XOT Google Code page with this information? I will look into it.

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-18, 16:56)Sleuteltje Wrote:

On the note of XOT, i really like that i'm able to go to Ned 1,2,3 en see the episodes of today, or yesterday. Could it be possible to also view the newly added episodes in channels as SBS 6 etc.?

I managed to fix the length issue. I will create a pull request for the XBMC team and see what they have to say about my changes.

EDIT: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3683

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Sleuteltje - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-19, 14:25)Basje Wrote: I managed to fix the length issue. I will create a pull request for the XBMC team and see what they have to say about my changes.

Sorry for the late reply, have been really busy lately.

But awesome! Really great that you took the time to look into the issue! Is there a way i can have that in my XBMC now Big Grin? Or do i have to wait for the next version of XBMC or something (if the XBMC team likes it aswell)?

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - Basje - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 01:41)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 14:25)Basje Wrote: I managed to fix the length issue. I will create a pull request for the XBMC team and see what they have to say about my changes.

Sorry for the late reply, have been really busy lately.

But awesome! Really great that you took the time to look into the issue! Is there a way i can have that in my XBMC now Big Grin? Or do i have to wait for the next version of XBMC or something (if the XBMC team likes it aswell)?

There is quite some discussion about the pull request. I merely made a fix to address your problem. But apparently the actual issue (the way it all works at the moment) is not ideal. So I don't know if they will accept the pull request. But I am working on it. Are you able to compile XBMC yourself? If so, then you can compile a custom version with my fix in it.

RE: [RELEASE] XOT-Uzg.v3.3.7 (formerly "Uitzendinggemist") script - swetoast - 2013-11-23

Probably been discussed before but the STV channels stutter under openelec rpi any solution for that ?