Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: 3D Bluray - Nelbert - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-08, 23:44)nickr Wrote: @Bennie1358 I can't imagine many circumstances where an inbuilt intel gpu is better than an external nvidia gtx780. Maybe MVC is one of them.

Have you downloaded and installed intel library? It is needed on AMD, so perhaps it is also needed on nVidia.

(EDIT or maybe I have that around the wrong way, this thread is confusing!)

The processor just has an MVC decoder that can be accessed via kodi. That's all. Using the hdmi on the graphics card skips this and it then relies on CPU power to decode (which most processors seem to struggle with).

RE: 3D Bluray - afedchin - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-08, 20:16)Bennie1358 Wrote: 3D MVC works fine, but only 21:9 with cinemascope bars, other Movies (Fullscreen 16:9) stutters a lot.
Any Debug Log?

PS. Guys without debug logs it's not possible to figure out a reason of a problem.

RE: 3D Bluray - Dave the Minion - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-09, 00:06)Nelbert Wrote: The processor just has an MVC decoder that can be accessed via kodi. That's all. Using the hdmi on the graphics card skips this and it then relies on CPU power to decode (which most processors seem to struggle with).

You forgot display control settings functionality, which CPU rendering doesn't do at all.

The confusion is people wanting what's been stated, Intel graphics ability to decode MVC, to fit and conform to all their own personal desires and set-ups. Will it work on AMD? What about Linux? How do I get my Tandy 1000 to play 3D movies? It's very easy to follow if you filter out all of the non-Intel based talk and keep on point.

If you want MVC hardware decoding and have the minimum specified Intel CPU with HDMI on a Windows 8+ machine and are running any other video cards, pull them out. If you have AMD based CPU, wait for AMD drivers to work or replace the CPU and MB with Intel.

RE: 3D Bluray - nickr - 2016-03-09

Getting rid of beautiful nVidia graphics rendering just to use an intel processor for MVC seems a majorly retrograde step for every part of kodi other than 3d.

RE: 3D Bluray - Nelbert - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-09, 00:52)nickr Wrote: Getting rid of beautiful nVidia graphics rendering just to use an intel processor for MVC seems a majorly retrograde step for every part of kodi other than 3d.

Disagree entirely but each to their own I suppose... Have seen little to no difference between the different graphics vendors when it comes to hardware accelerated playback.

(2016-03-09, 00:55)Nelbert Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 00:52)nickr Wrote: Getting rid of beautiful nVidia graphics rendering just to use an intel processor for MVC seems a majorly retrograde step for every part of kodi other than 3d.

Disagree entirely but each to their own I suppose... Have seen little to no difference between the different graphics vendors when it comes to hardware accelerated playback.

Some people prefer to jack the settings to ridiculous artificial levels to suit their own eye. Anything the nVidia card is doing to "render" the graphics of a movie that is already rendered is adding lipstick. A Blu-ray is digital. It's playback is digital. It either plays back, or it doesn't. Every little tweak done to the image off the disc changes what's actually on the disc as put there by it's creators.

Just like $1000 HDMI cables can't do anything a $5 same spec cable can. This isn't VHS analog tape anymore or even laserdisc. Some will never grow past that ideology however. Hence, vinyl is the "new" hot thing.

RE: 3D Bluray - bdreams - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-09, 00:34)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 20:16)Bennie1358 Wrote: 3D MVC works fine, but only 21:9 with cinemascope bars, other Movies (Fullscreen 16:9) stutters a lot.
Any Debug Log?

PS. Guys without debug logs it's not possible to figure out a reason of a problem.

Did you get my debug log just want to know if I did it right. Thank you

RE: 3D Bluray - bdreams - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-08, 06:37)bdreams Wrote: @afedchin here is my log hope I did it right. few issues with the last build iso are playing now that weren't playing but sometimes they are out of sync with audio and dolby tru hd is broken on iso but play on mkv. I played a couple of iso and mkv rips for a few while the dbug log was running. hope it helps thanks again great work.

http://xbmclogs.com/pn2w0ez22

This one

RE: 3D Bluray - hdmkv - 2016-03-09

brazen1 Wrote:@hdmkv

Use fullscreen window = disabled or it will not decode 3D
Your GPU stereoscopic or windows video properties stereoscopic 3D = enabled (this may be a problem for other things though, will test later)
Decode 3D = enabled
Setting to Hardware Based will change after a playback. I think because of disable stereoscopic when playback ended? Try it if all else fails but, KODI GUI will also go into a 3D MVC looking mode.
Bluray playback modes seem to have no affect so......
Hardware acceleration on or off doesn't seem to make any difference on my rig.
Sync playback off
Title naming doesn't seem to matter. I think the decoder is reading MVC from the data for mode switching and naming is passed to skin covers. That's full MVC iso's. Mkv's will need sbs or tab in the name for KODI decode switching to the correct one. You'll still need to manually switch your panel unless it's a Samsung. I guess 'Dave' confirms if you edit the mkv header proper, naming doesn't matter then either.

'Same as movie' and 'Preferred mode' set for 3D as movie78 suggested. Yes.
In W10:
Right click desktop/Display settings/Advanced display settings/3D display mode
I did all this (tried, re-tried for 2 hours), but not working for me. My PJ engages 3D mode, but I get a black screen. I suspect it maybe has to do w/my i5 laptop/Windows seeing two displays (the laptop's own screen, and my PJ connected to HDMI port). Did try setting my PJ (display #2) as my main/only display, but still no luck... when, 3D ISO plays, PJ goes into 3D mode, audio is there, but black screen on PJ.

watch gallery

At this point, I'll wait on movie78 and his report on how his Skylake i3 NUC does. If it works, I'm getting one.

RE: 3D Bluray - movie78 - 2016-03-09

@hdmkv

I had something similar to the issue you reporting with my AMD hardware, I get Audio but the display is black.
And this is from AMD desktop...

Getting skylake NUC, hope I will enough time to install windows and the necessary drivers the do some 3D test..

RE: 3D Bluray - brazen1 - 2016-03-09

Yep, some titles play audio, no video. Avatar is one of them. I see you have it highlighted. I can confirm Man of Steel works but with audio/video out of sync. So do many others. I think Life of Pi was also a problem. Can't remember. Tested so quickly didn't take any notes. Try all your titles. I will test more when I have more time and post some working confirmations for others to test. Have 11 HDD's inside my htpc. Lost a couple 8TB's within a day of each other and going through the motions now. Time consuming. Fwiw, and I'm sure it's just a coincidence, I was cut and pasting my KODI folder from the roaming folder as I've done countless times in the past. This time to isolate my good install from this 3D test install. I literally watched the transfer decline to a crawl and quit. Crystal Disc Info said reallocated sectors and went yellow. I love computers. They make life so easy.....

RE: 3D Bluray - afedchin - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-09, 01:13)bdreams Wrote: Did you get my debug log just want to know if I did it right. Thank you
Yes, I got it. And I think it would be fixed in next build.

(2016-03-09, 03:38)hdmkv Wrote: I did all this (tried, re-tried for 2 hours), but not working for me. My PJ engages 3D mode, but I get a black screen. I suspect it maybe has to do w/my i5 laptop/Windows seeing two displays (the laptop's own screen, and my PJ connected to HDMI port). Did try setting my PJ (display #2) as my main/only display, but still no luck... when, 3D ISO plays, PJ goes into 3D mode, audio is there, but black screen on PJ.
How someone can figure out what's going wrong without Debug Log?

(2016-03-09, 04:16)brazen1 Wrote: Yep, some titles play audio, no video. Avatar is one of them. I see you have it highlighted. I can confirm Man of Steel works but with audio/video out of sync. So do many others. I think Life of Pi was also a problem. Can't remember. Tested so quickly didn't take any notes. Try all your titles. I will test more when I have more time and post some working confirmations for others to test. Have 11 HDD's inside my htpc. Lost a couple 8TB's within a day of each other and going through the motions now. Time consuming. Fwiw, and I'm sure it's just a coincidence, I was cut and pasting my KODI folder from the roaming folder as I've done countless times in the past. This time to isolate my good install from this 3D test install. I literally watched the transfer decline to a crawl and quit. Crystal Disc Info said reallocated sectors and went yellow. I love computers. They make life so easy.....
Same for you. How someone can figure out what's going wrong without Debug Log?

Just been doing some testing and having odd results. Either video has strange glitching and one eye doing odd skips while the audio is out of sync. The other is the video running at at least 2 times speed while the audio plays normal. Can't figure it out at all by trying different settings.

This is all on an i3 6400 with the dll and the latest posted build. Last week I had fewer but different issues.

I have a log of the second example here.

If you need more info let me know.

RE: 3D Bluray - wizziwig - 2016-03-09

(2016-03-08, 23:44)nickr Wrote: I can't imagine many circumstances where an inbuilt intel gpu is better than an external nvidia gtx780. Maybe MVC is one of them.

Besides hardware MVC decoding using the Intel Media SDK, you would also gain much more accurate display timings for 23.976 and 59.940 fps output with Haswell+ iGPUs. When using the EGL Linux builds, you might also get less color banding (unless VDPAU handles this better than VAAPI?). The iGPU is also much more power efficient which could allow for quieter cooling. Discrete video cards are mostly overkill if all you're doing is playing video files. If your PC also plays video games, then I agree, you can't use the iGPU.

RE: 3D Bluray - Bennie1358 - 2016-03-09

Ok, i have tried this by the Intel GPU but stutters the same.

I tried Avatar to look in 2D and stutters the same... I don't know why. The frames of the video jumps forward and the sound goes on.

Wie the normal Kodi die MVC in 2D works fine...

I am not a pro like the most of you guys. I can send the complete log file to anybody if you can tell me how Smile

Thank you!