Kodi Community Forum
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds (/showthread.php?tid=265299)

RE: 3D Bluray - woronczak - 2016-03-12

You shouldn't have to put the dll in the folder (I didn't) - I think that is only supposed to be for non-Intel hardware (in which case it would software decode)

What exact hardware are you using? I have an intel NUC DN2820 with 4GB Ram ( I think it is 4 - might be 2). Connected to Amp / TV by HDMI cable which is 3d certified 1.4a
What OS are you using? I have Windows 8.1
How did you create your 3d files? MakeMKV rips ? If isos, what did you rip them with?
(Most of my files are MakeMKV rips; my isos were created by Any DVD HD)

This is what I did:
1. Ensure that your drivers are up to date for the Intel integrated graphics and audio
2. Ensure that in the resolution settings for Windows, that the option for enable stereoscopic playback is checked. I chose the Windows resolution as 1920*1080 at 23hz (I seem to remember with earlier builds that this seemed to make a difference, but I'm not sure that it does anymore - give that a try anyways)
3. Install Intel_Media_SDK_2016.msi from Intel website
4. In Kodi, Settings - System - Video Output - I have made Preferred 3d mode = Hardware decoding (I don't use other 3d movie types anyways)
5. In Kodi, Settings - Videos- Playback - set Adjust Display Refresh Rate to always
6. In Kodi, Settings - Videos - Playback - Playback of stereoscopic 3d movies is set to "Preferred mode"
7. In Kodi Settings - Videos - Acceleration ensure that Decode stereo videos is checked
8. For Audio, I have set output to HDMI passthrough (and my amp accepts DTS-HD / TrueHD) - do you use an amplifier?
9. When running the video, under the 3d settings, make sure that it says "hardware decoding" (pause the video and click on the 3D icon and change the mode if it is not correct)

Does it switch to 3d Mode properly (Frame Packing) - what screen or projector are you using?

If that doesn't work, maybe whatever hardware combination you have doesn't support it. On my NUC, it works fine.

RE: 3D Bluray - movie78 - 2016-03-12

@afedchin

Did a few test last night and i am still getting blurriness and image flick, i did disable all the enhancement in Intel Video properties..
Try the same 3D.ISO on the Raspberry Pi2 and there was no issue.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

RE: 3D Bluray - afedchin - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 14:51)movie78 Wrote: Did a few test last night and i am still getting blurriness and image flick, i did disable all the enhancement in Intel Video properties..

Any suggestion?
Make sure that your setting are same as on screenshots below
watch gallery

(2016-03-11, 20:38)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 20:17)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 13:35)movie78 Wrote: A Video Demo?
I will try and do one this weekend, Picture is going to that great because I am using a phone camera.

For Windows to startup with Kodi, here is one option http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

PS: Tested Launcher4Kodi on the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 and its working.
Windows boot, login splash screen for a quick second then Kodi start.

Video please Smile

Sorry for the video quality..

Quick Demo...

Boot up and 3D playback test.

3D Bluray - Cinephile - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 15:36)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 20:38)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 20:17)movie78 Wrote: PS: Tested Launcher4Kodi on the Intel Nuc with Windows 10 and its working.
Windows boot, login splash screen for a quick second then Kodi start.

Video please Smile

Sorry for the video quality..

Quick Demo...

Boot up and 3D playback test.

Thanks, mate.

RE: 3D Bluray - timstephens24 - 2016-03-12

You could always just put a shortcut to Kodi in the Startup folder...
Then I have Kodi as the first thing on the task bar and a button (the red button) on my remote for 'Win + 1' so it'll launch Kodi if I had it closed.

(2016-03-12, 06:39)MaDeMaNN Wrote: I was testing on my i5 Haswell and noticed some tearing on the picture? I was testing Ant-Man 3D. Could there be an issue with using a Displayport to HDMI cable? I also noticed that I didn't get HD audio. Any pointers on how to fix these two issues? Thanks

No idea on the Displayport since I have a mini-HDMI to HDMI. For the HD Audio, make sure you have the WASAPI audio set as a the output and as the passthrough device then check everything your receiver can use.

RE: 3D Bluray - nalor - 2016-03-12

@afedchin
Really amazing work you're doing here! Watched a complete 3D movie 2 days ago using my main computer (Core i5 4590 (Haswell) + Asus H97M-E motherboard) and everything has been working that flawless that I immediatly bought a Beebox with a Celeron N3150 to replace my old htpc Smile

I just noticed that I cannot play AACS protected discs in 3D - they always play in 2D - here's the log: debug log
In the log I try to play the aacs protected disc at first directly - but it's played in 2D, and afterwards I play the same disc with AACS removed and this time it's correctly played in 3D.

Finally a 2nd question - I noticed your post in the thread Kodi Problem Menu Bluray - does this mean you're also working on getting full BD-J menu support in kodi in your test builds available in this thread here?
Should I also test if menus are working or not and report the results?

Thanks for everything! The progress you've achieved so far is really awesome Smile

RE: 3D Bluray - dchabby - 2016-03-12

changed some settings -still just getting blank screen on 3d and 2d movies. also not getting any sound whatsoever, cant play music - http://xbmclogs.com/pbimbpfbz

(2016-03-12, 16:07)nalor Wrote: I just noticed that I cannot play AACS protected discs in 3D - they always play in 2D - here's the log: debug log
In the log I try to play the aacs protected disc at first directly - but it's played in 2D, and afterwards I play the same disc with AACS removed and this time it's correctly played in 3D.
Currently it's not possible to play AACS protected discs in 3D. Only in 2D.

(2016-03-12, 16:07)nalor Wrote: Finally a 2nd question - I noticed your post in the thread Kodi Problem Menu Bluray - does this mean you're also working on getting full BD-J menu support in kodi in your test builds available in this thread here?
Should I also test if menus are working or not and report the results?
No, I'm not working on BD-J support.

(2016-03-12, 17:43)dchabby Wrote: changed some settings -still just getting blank screen on 3d and 2d movies. also not getting any sound whatsoever, cant play music - http://xbmclogs.com/pbimbpfbz
MSDK-MVC decoder cannot be opened. Are you download the libmfxsw32.dll posted early in the thread?

RE: 3D Bluray - dchabby - 2016-03-12

(2016-03-12, 19:00)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 17:43)dchabby Wrote: changed some settings -still just getting blank screen on 3d and 2d movies. also not getting any sound whatsoever, cant play music - http://xbmclogs.com/pbimbpfbz
MSDK-MVC decoder cannot be opened. Are you download the libmfxsw32.dll posted early in the thread?

no I did not do that so just tried and same results - no video or audio

(2016-03-12, 21:16)dchabby Wrote: no I did not do that so just tried and same results - no video or audio
Debug Log?

(2016-03-12, 15:02)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 14:51)movie78 Wrote: Did a few test last night and i am still getting blurriness and image flick, i did disable all the enhancement in Intel Video properties..

Any suggestion?
Make sure that your setting are same as on screenshots below
watch gallery

Here is my setting, i just try to watch Mad Max is it was un-watchable, to blurry.

Intel Nuc i3 Skylake Video settings

RE: 3D Bluray - brazen1 - 2016-03-12

Hi.
I'm on a mission with all of you to eliminate an external player and try to embrace the hardware vs software benefit using windows 10 x64 and full 3D MVC iso's.

I'm only able to install and use the 1st version and it's working pretty good.
This is using a Xeon X5690 fwiw.
When testing in the past, some titles did not decode into 3D and rendered 2D such as Avatar.
My mistake was failing to install the Intel Media SDK and now titles are working pretty good incl Avatar and other titles with subs.
Some titles are jerky but at least audio/video is in sync. Man of Steel for example was way off but now it's perfect.

I want to confirm that if I see dc:msdk-mvc, it is hardware decoding and not software. Is this true?

I would like to install the newest version which I think addresses jerky playback on some titles such as Avatar which at least is now in 3D MVC.
I can install but when opening I'm met with Unable to create application. Exiting.
I can't provide a log. It doesn't even start.
Searching provides a thread dedicated to this error but provides no remedy in my case.
I have no clue why it won't run and the older version does?
I've uninstalled, clean installed, installed on top of, etc. many times.
Can anyone provide me with some things to try?
Thank you kindly.

RE: 3D Bluray - nickr - 2016-03-12

Are you sure no log is produced?

RE: 3D Bluray - hdmkv - 2016-03-12

@movie78, I notice you have 'Adjust display refresh rate' disabled. That should be enabled to get proper 23.976... but, I'm also seeing your NUC's display at 1080p/24 (vs. 60). I'm going to retry w/my i5 w/'Adjust display refresh rate' disabled and see if I get a 3D picture vs. blank screen up to now.