Kodi Community Forum
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26995)

- letraitplat - 2007-10-01

stupid question, but by applying the latest mod you made (cause I don't remember what was the last one I applied), will if work? or should I update mod by mod?

thanks in advance Smile

- ewaterke - 2007-10-01

Thanks Skunkm0nkee !
Good luck with your new skin (I will keep one eye on it).

Eric

- skunkm0nkee - 2007-10-01

letraitplat Wrote:stupid question, but by applying the latest mod you made (cause I don't remember what was the last one I applied), will if work? or should I update mod by mod?

thanks in advance Smile

Nope, you only need to apply the latest mod. The mod itself contains all the files and is not a mod of the mod before - hope that makes sense! Big Grin

- jazzen - 2007-10-01

great work man!
what is the latest version?

jazzen Wrote:great work man!
what is the latest version?

v6: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=151163&postcount=528

- JustMeD - 2007-10-01

skunkm0nkee

With regards your new skin idea I'd be keen to help out on the graphics front. If interested please let me know.

D

- tvdb-scott - 2007-10-01

skunkm0nkee Wrote:but it's now getting to the stage where any more changes could start to move the skin away from the original vision that djh has for the skin.
skunkm0nkee... if you decided to continue work on this instead of (or in addition to) working on your other skin idea, you could always branch what djh has and create a starting point for an entirely new skin. That way when djh returns he can either pick up where he left off, incorporate just your updates and continue from there, or work with you on the separate branch. I think everyone wins that way, since the best possible skin gets developed and you're really not stepping on his feet.

Let's face it, the large majority of XBMC skins start as branches from other skins anyway.

szsori Wrote:skunkm0nkee... if you decided to continue work on this instead of (or in addition to) working on your other skin idea, you could always branch what djh has and create a starting point for an entirely new skin. That way when djh returns he can either pick up where he left off, incorporate just your updates and continue from there, or work with you on the separate branch. I think everyone wins that way, since the best possible skin gets developed and you're really not stepping on his feet.

Let's face it, the large majority of XBMC skins start as branches from other skins anyway.

Branching is a possibility for the future but it would most likely need the original media files from djh to get it going properly (and get it all in SVN too).

For the immediate future I'm going to concentrate on the new skin but I'll hopefully have other ideas and input for Xephyr along the way (it's still the default skin on my xbox at home after all)

- djh_ - 2007-10-02

Shocked

I leave this place for five minutes and all kinds of crazy shit starts happening. Kudos to skunkym0nkeeman for all his mods - I'll have to work through the thread and find out what cool stuff I can plunder. Cheers also to all the ppl who've contributed wallpapers, feature suggestions and nice comments. All are appreciated!

So here's what happens now. In a few days, I'm taking a week off to return to Xephyr and bring it closer to where it should be. To that end, I've put together a To Do list which I'll be working from until the job's done. I'll post it both here and at the front of the thread, where I'll mark off each item as it's completed. At least this way you'll know how close it is to each milestone release.

I'm still deciding whether to release interim builds in the meantime. But if you have a feature in mind which isn't on the list, let me know.

Cheers

---

TO DO: PRE-BETA
- full Party Mode support
- File Manager context menus (replace central info area)
- Weather panel for Home
- Weather window
- default backdrops (plain gradient/texture backdrops)
- cast info scroller for Info views (replaces # of objects bar)
- fix add source dialogs
- fix media scan dialogs
- dual file browsers (one for Settings panes, one for Media windows)
- fix background changer bugs
- introduce default folder structure for custom backgrounds
- Python script template
- dedicated Info view for Apple Trailers
- widen current List views using additional info (collapses under Now Playing pane)
- all views collapse correctly under Now Playing pane
- default icons for items without thumbnails
- enhanced animation for Home scroller
- complete Live Tutorial strings and fix timings

- complete implementation of the following view types:

Movies/TV:
-> List
-> Icon
-> Episode (TV Shows only)
-> Poster
-> Wide (wide icons)
-> Wide Info (wide icons w/ scrapers) (Library only)
-> Episode Info (Library only)
-> List Info (Library only)
-> Poster Info (Library only)
-> Icon Wall (a fullscreen tiled icon view – standard glass elements retract to leave minimised interface and maximum media content)
-> Poster Wall

Music:
-> List
-> Icon
-> Album Art (two row tiled wraplist)
-> Album Wall

Pictures:
-> List
-> Icon
-> Photo Album (horizontal wraplist with themed photo frames)
-> Photo Wall

TO DO: POST-BETA, PRE-FINAL
- restore Strings.xml / localisation support
- add complete character set to skin fonts
- complete code optimisation and documentation
- all textures redrawn to release standard @ 1080p resolution
- finalise colour scheme for all textures and typefaces
- implement three glass themes: Xephyr Frost (default), Xephyr Clear (plate glass), Xephyr Noir (black tinted glass)
- gradient-faded edges for wraplists
- fix out-of-memory glitches with background changer
- optimise fade / slide animation timings
- redesign OSDs
- implement progress bars / text

POST-FINAL
- investigate possibility of fullscreen 3D viewtypes (Virtual Shelf, Photo Scrapbook, etc)
- optimise for Linux as necessary
- recalibrate metrics for 1080p
- implement reference levels for contrast, TV types, etc.
- 480p support
- compile 1080p backpack (selected wallpapers recreated from original assets, no upscaling)

- ShortySco - 2007-10-02

Wow!

Thats a lot of juicy features planned, sounds cool.
So glad i've got a HD tv coming soon Smile

Cheers

Shorty

- Wir3d - 2007-10-02

Welcome back djh!
On account of your return I was debating on posting this but what the heck eh? Good luck skunky with your future ventures. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Here is a little update including skunkmonkey's v6 mod.
-PAL/DialogSeekBar.xml & images/
Removed images for rewind/forward and moved info to bottom popup bar

-PAL/Customisation.xml
Updated text "Time and date on home"
Updated text "Weather on home"
Updated text "Music link to music videos"

-PAL/Customisation.xml & PAL/Includes.xml
Added toggle "Weather icon on home" (visible if "Weather on home" selected)
Moved and resized weather icon on home page (better?)

-PAL/Customisation.xml & PAL/Homescrollers.xls
Combined Home sources with Home shortcuts

-PAL/MyVideoNav.xml
Fixed bleeding of Music Videos label

Xephyr_Mod_v6a.zip

Also here are a bunch of colored themes. I think they turned out quite well.
Hopefully this free hoting works out Huh

Xephyr_ALPHAv6 THEMES

Same rules apply as previous releases... Delete any references to Xephyr in guisettings.xml
I will be also be laying low and looking forward to seeing what djh comes up with. Good luck skuny with your future ventures. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

- jazzen - 2007-10-02

djh_ : Greeeat to see u back and to see all the things planned... cant wait Smile

- skunkm0nkee - 2007-10-02

Wahey, great to see you back djh! Big Grin

That to do list looks like a lot of work but it'll definitely be worth it when it's all up and running. I've already put some code in place for a few of the items on the list so feel free to plunder whatever you want and put your own spin on it - I'm sure you'll be able to improve on all of them as I was concentrating primarily on the functionality! Nod

If do you need any help with any of it please let me know.

I'm going to release the final version of my mod tonight and then I'm going to sit back and wait for your next release.

- Gamester17 - 2007-10-02

@djh_, remember to PM me if you want SVN write access to the official XBMC Skinning Project Wink

- Hitcher - 2007-10-02

Nice to see you back djh. Take the mods made to Xephyr during your absence as a compliment that your skin is so popular - it impresses everyone I show it to.