Kodi Community Forum
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26995)

- djh_ - 2008-01-11

A brief update:

- the Poster Wall now animates properly
- the flickering texture glitch in the Music Roller is fixed

As soon as this glitch in the wraplists is fixed I'll post another build.

- jmarshall - 2008-01-11

I know the issue with the wraplist(s). We reset the focus of the item when we are rendering it normally (to make sure it's focus anim is disabled) so when the same item is rendered both unfocused and focused (small number of items) it won't zoom as it'll be immediately reset. Unfortunately it's not a trivial fix, but I'll see what I can do sometime this weekend.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- Competes2win - 2008-01-11

hey djh... today I was tweaking some things on my xbox and just had a few quick questions.

1. Is there no option yet to set a directory for Weather background images? I found where to set the others...weather wasn't included, this might be a stupid question but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

2. Also, kind of along the same lines... I'm able to set my directories for the 'arcade' and 'games', however am unable to do so for my 'Apps'...

thanks for the great skin.

- djh_ - 2008-01-11

I'll sort Weather out in a second. As for a custom Apps folder, there was a reason for that. The problem with these custom menu targets is that, if the bookmark is either absent or invalid, they simply give you a blank media window. I wanted to limit the chances so Music, Pictures and Apps simply head to default paths - that way there's no confusion or inconvenience.

- djh_ - 2008-01-11

It's just a prototype and I'm not entirely happy with the layout, but it's up and running without any real issues. A mere wraplist, of course, but with the pictures updating in vague left/right directions. The PhotoWall title's a bit misleading as I'm still planning a more conventional fullscreen view for Pictures - I'll call this one PhotoDesk or something.

Oh, and cheers, jm, for the info re: wraplists.

- ultrabrutal - 2008-01-12

truly amazing! keep it up!

- Competes2win - 2008-01-12

djh_ Wrote:I'll sort Weather out in a second. As for a custom Apps folder, there was a reason for that. The problem with these custom menu targets is that, if the bookmark is either absent or invalid, they simply give you a blank media window. I wanted to limit the chances so Music, Pictures and Apps simply head to default paths - that way there's no confusion or inconvenience.

Thanks for the reply djh. Sounds perfectly fine and understandable.

-as for your "photodesk" view.... it looks amazing. Good work. very inventive.

- djh_ - 2008-01-12

My tacky side came up with an idea for padding out the new Photo view; my tasteful side took issue with it. So I appeased both by making these new graphics optional.

- Sharpe - 2008-01-12

Oh hey man that looks fantastic - what a damn good idea.

- Competes2win - 2008-01-12

hey djh I was thinking... that the photo desk would look even better if each of the photos gave off a more pronounced drop shadow... well especially, the one on the 'top'. Just a thought....

keep up the good work.

Couple of picky questions? - dwyzane - 2008-01-12

Wanted to know if this was possible? And can I be pointed in the right direction for a read if possible.
I'm using the most current T3CH and Xephyr for skin.

These are just more personal intrest:
I use a controller instead of remote at the time so if I'm looking at the poster wall view in Xephyer, and instead of when I push (B) to go back I would rather go back to the home screen instead of the Library.

And how do I implement Wraplist or get rid of the Icon to take you back one screen?

Great Update - Broads - 2008-01-12

Great Update fella,

The new padding Idea works well with the vegas view with anything else I don't know?? Im english so the $ doesnt fit for me.. Great Idea though, and I love all the additions.

Regards

- uwer - 2008-01-12

Looking at the new photo view, I must say:

It's official now, you are a genius.

Humbly, uwer

- djh_ - 2008-01-13

The other one:

- tvdb-scott - 2008-01-13

Any way of having a setting that could automatically move through that photos wraplist? I like it far better than a simple slideshow, but wouldn't want have to sit and hold the control the whole time. That'd also be a brilliant screensaver in XBMC. Smile