Kodi Community Forum
Linux build.sh script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux build.sh script (/showthread.php?tid=27876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Linux build.sh script - althekiller - 2007-08-12

ANNOUNCEMENT build.sh is no longer supported and will soon be removed from SVN. Please see README.linux for build instructions.

As of SVN revision 9884 of linuxbranch the new build script I've authored is in the repository. Pike has modified the README.linux to briefly explain its usage, SO READ IT.

Here is a full list of available options...
Code:
$ ./build.sh --help
build.sh by default checks that your source is up-to-date, updates it
  if not, compile, and create a working build of XBMC in ./BUILD.
  UserData and scripts dirs will be backed up if existing.
Usage: build.sh [OPTIONS]
  OPTIONS:
   --help [-h]                      : Display this text.
   DEST=<build-dest>                : Path to install XBMC to
   NOUPDATE                         : Don't update source.
   NOCOMPILE                        : Don't compile.
   NOCLEAN                          : Don't run "make clean" first.
   NOCOPY                           : Don't create XBMC file structure.
   CONFIRM                          : Don't ask about anything
   CONFIGOPT=<config-option>        : Option to pass to configure.
                                      One option per CONFIGOPT=,
                                      can pass more than one
   WEB=<path/to/web_int.rar>        : Web interface to use.
                                      Default = PM3
These options can be defaulted in ~/.xbmc-build-settings.
Just make a white space separated list on the first line.

The script's intent is to go from a checked out SVN to a full build with out the need of an xbox T3CH release or knowing all the little case sensitivity issues that are still lurking in the linux port. It will even do nice things like back up your UserData, scripts and thirdparty skin folders for you so you don't have to toy with them on each new build. The intent of this script is NOT to enable the linux illiterate to compile the linux port (though unfortunately it does). Keep in mind that as of now there is no end-user support for linux and we really don't care to here about problems you may find unless you are willing and able to help us track them down.

Please post bug reports and feature requests here or in #xbmc-linux on FreeNode.

Enjoy Smile

EDIT:
Forgot to give a shout out to Pike, dragon788, staz and the rest of #xbmc-linux for testing. Thanks guys.

- pike - 2007-08-12

tis a nice script ™

- dragon_788 - 2007-08-15

Agreed pike, its great for assisting with a quick compile rather than making crazy symlinks all over the place (which is still somewhat necessary in Gentoo anyways).

- erlis - 2007-08-15

I totally agree, it's a nice script. However it together with README.linux does not mention that the XBMC_HOME variable must be set to the correct path (mostly ~/XBMC/BUILD)

- spiff - 2007-08-15

simply because it aint so. if the var isnt set it uses the dir the executable is in

- pike - 2007-08-15

readme says to CD into your "BUILD" folder and run it from there, and if you follow directions everything works as advertised lulz

- gateway69 - 2007-11-11

I'm wondering if someone could fix the script for nvidia/7.10 systems.

When you use envy to install your nvidia drivers it installs the llzo2-dev, which then when compiling crashes out unless you make a change to your Make file and swap -llzo to -llzo2 in the make file, run make, and then build.sh NOCOMPILE to install the latest build into your BUILD folder.

- Redhound - 2007-11-11

This is not a problem in de build.sh script. It needs to be fixed in the configure.in script.

- Gamester17 - 2007-11-12

http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_patch

Patch welcomed Wink

- gateway69 - 2007-11-13

Wish I was skilled enough to do a patch, you guys deff dont want me going in and coding stuff Smile im more of the person that hammers on the software and fines bugs and stuff.

- rodalpho - 2007-12-22

Pike, any chance of adding the -jx argument to build.sh to automatically use multiple cores to compile?

- pike - 2007-12-22

rodalpho, this should be taken care of automagically by build script, works fine here, not for you ?

- rodalpho - 2007-12-23

Oh it does? I actually hadn't checked, I assumed it didn't since there was no option to configure it. Thanks!

exiting after svn update - malmis - 2008-01-01

[malmis@cruella XBMC]$ ./build.sh DEST=/home/malmis/xbmc-test/
Local source revision : 11180
Repository revision : 11181
Your source is outdated.
Update? (y/n) : y
Updating source code.
U xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/ALSADirectSound.cpp
Uppdaterade till revision 11181.

FAILED! Exiting.
[malmis@cruella XBMC]$

would be nice if it doesn't exit after updateing source code, and just run as it should.

- althekiller - 2008-01-01

It's exiting for a reason...svn doesn't seem to be returning 0 for you. Run "svn up" on it's own and try to figure out the problem. You should be able to build with the NOUPDATE option in the meantime.