Kodi Community Forum
v16 Unable To Install Repos - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: v16 Unable To Install Repos (/showthread.php?tid=281474)

Pages: 1 2 3

Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-04

hi to the forum

I am having problems installing repos on my windows7 x64 dual core celeron processor computer.firstly as stated in my initial post i am no expert at this (quite the opposite) so believe me i am not placing blame anywhere except with me.when i launch the app i get a black screen so i have to close it down and restart and then its fine.my real problems start when i try to install repos,i get so far and then a message appears telling me it could not connect.i have a screenshot of the message but i honestly don't know how to upload it.i have spent hours reading up on how to send the log file and i am still not sure if i have it right.i enabled debugging etc. and i will( hopefully) get it to you with this.I have (foolishly) uninstalled and re-installed your app 3 or 4 times thinking this might help but to no avail.if you guys can somehow help me with all of this I would be most appreciative,as this app is amazing.

thank you all in advance

kudos

puzzlingSad[/php]

RE: Unable To Install Repos - DarrenHill - 2016-07-04

For the log file, details of how to do it are here - debug log (wiki). The easy way is to use the log uploader add-on that you will find in the official repo (the on built into Kodi). There are full details on the wiki via that link.

For screenshots, you cannot upload imaged directly here. You will need to use a hosting service and upload there. They will provide a link which you can use in your post to display your image.

What may be useful for you is to read the notes for the first time user (wiki) if you haven't already, plus the notes on the Add-on manager (wiki). Installing repos is via the install from zip option, using the zip file of the repo. But please be aware that there are certain 3rd party repos on the banned add-ons (wiki) list which we do not support, nor do we support any installation that has them installed (or any add-ons also on that list).

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-05

hi, thank you so very much for your very fast and informative reply.i spent a long time reading up on uploading the log file from within kodi and i do believe i set it up as required but the problem is it would not send the file.so nowi feel i am in deep trouble as i cannot send the file and i have still got to figure out how to deliver screenshot url.once again many thanks and i hope to contact you shortly with better news.

puzzling

RE: Unable To Install Repos - nickr - 2016-07-05

If you want to post a screenshot, put it on imgur.com and post the [img] link.

For the log, simply open the log file in a text editor like notepad++ and copy and paste it into pastebin.com, then report back the URL here.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-06

hi to all.my sincere thanks to you guys for your help and suggestions.please do not laugh but the amount of time i spent trying to figure out pastebin was serious.hopefully i have it sorted.all of this is because i could not upload log file not even from within Kodi.I should (hopefully) have screenshot to verify return message.iP5najl - Imgur.jpg .i am including (latest) log file which was approx 12-14hrs ago (did not launch Kodi since)fAqzCQs7.txt.I really hope those links work for you (and me).finally i include a screenshot of a message received when trying to install a repo.i have since discovered this repo is on your "Black List".2cz39X1 - Imgur.jpg.thank you guys again for your great help and encouragement.

puzzling

RE: Unable To Install Repos - nickr - 2016-07-06

Please, read my last post again. No one can see your images because you have not posted a [img] LINK. Similarly a URL for your log.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - DarrenHill - 2016-07-07

If what you are trying to install is on the banned add-ons (wiki) list, or indeed if you already have anything from that list installed on your Kodi set-up, then I'm afraid we cannot offer you any help or support. You would need to go wherever you got the blacklisted add-ons from and tell them to support you instead.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-07

I have just received your message and i want to explain that i have absolutely nothing installed on my app.i was trying that repo without having the slightest idea of your black-list,so,i can promise you there will not be any more of that.based on that i am asking you not to remove support from me and if possible supply me with named supported repos (aswell as Kodi) of course.you will see the position i am in by viewing the other posts in this thread.i look forward to your continuing support please and thank you for your help to date.

puzzling

RE: Unable To Install Repos - nickr - 2016-07-07

Kodi official repo is built in to kodi. Install all the addons from there that you like the look of.

Also any that are dealt with on these forums.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-09

Thank you for that info.I am having all sorts of problems.I signed in to pastebin and posted the log file but to be honest i dont have a clue what to do after that.same story with imgur.sorry to be so vague.i spent the past few days checking your website and others for inspiration but to no avail.must be me coz i am missing a trick.any help would be invaluable.sorry for being a nuisense.

puzzlingHuh

RE: Unable To Install Repos - DarrenHill - 2016-07-09

Open PasteBin.com, then paste your log text into the main box.

Change any of the optional settings below the box if you wish, then press "create new paste" at the bottom.

Once you do that the screen will refresh with a new URL in your browser address box that will end in what looks like some random letters and numbers (eg http://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT ).

Copy that address and paste it here. That will enable people to easily view your log.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-10

thank you Darren Hill for your much appreciated help.i have followed your steps as carefully as i possibly can and i sincerely hope it gives the necessary results.can i just say at this point that,each time i attempted to post pastebin asked to verify i was not a bot,which it accepted.anyway i really hope things are better this time around.http://pastebin.com/MSZ8K0Sm.OMG this is not looking good.if this does not not work i am really confused since i did all you asked.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - DarrenHill - 2016-07-10

Hmmm it says the page has either expired or been removed.

Make sure you copy the entire URL and paste it with a space on either side of it (like I above).

Also on the optional settings part, make sure you give it a decent expiration time.

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-11

http://pastebin.com/4ZvnRgPC

RE: Unable To Install Repos - puzzling - 2016-07-11

please tell me the link is clickable on your side because it is clickable on my side.

puzzling