Kodi Community Forum
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) (/showthread.php?tid=282157)

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gillmacca - 2018-03-30

Not sure if there is a setting for this somewhere.
When selecting a channel, I get a list of sources (2 or 3). This is the way I want it.
If the first source happens to be the wrong channel or I have issues with it, when I go back to the EPG and select the same channel, it just plays the source that I had selecting previously. Is there a way that when I go back to the EPG and select the same channel, it will bring up the list of sources again?
The only way I have found it to do this, is to go into the context menu and select watch channel

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-03-31

(2018-03-30, 17:31)gillmacca Wrote: Not sure if there is a setting for this somewhere.
When selecting a channel, I get a list of sources (2 or 3). This is the way I want it.
If the first source happens to be the wrong channel or I have issues with it, when I go back to the EPG and select the same channel, it just plays the source that I had selecting previously. Is there a way that when I go back to the EPG and select the same channel, it will bring up the list of sources again?
The only way I have found it to do this, is to go into the context menu and select watch channel
 The way TVGF is intended to work is: you choose a default stream for a channel and maybe a few backup Alternative Streams if something goes wrong.
There are some settings in Settings\Playback to make it fallback to the next Alternative Stream if a stream fails automatically.

If you really want to choose every single time you can use the new setting described here.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157&pid=2715998#pid2715998

Or use the Play p key instead of Enter and it will bring up the Select Stream dialog just for that channel.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gottahavit - 2018-03-31

I found the issue with shortcuts causing the guide to messed up:

The playShortcut method reset self.channelIdx  which causes the guide redraw to think that's the first channel in the guide.  I rewrote the method to to not do this and as far as I can tell it all works fine now.

def playShortcut(self):
    n=0
        self.channel_number_input = False
        self.viewStartDate = datetime.datetime.today()
        self.viewStartDate -= datetime.timedelta(minutes=self.viewStartDate.minute % 30,
                                                 seconds=self.viewStartDate.second)
        channelList = self.database.getChannelList(onlyVisible=True,all=False)
        if ADDON.getSetting('channel.shortcut') == '2':
            for i in range(len(channelList)):
                if self.channel_number == channelList[i].id:
                     n = i
                     break
        else:
            n = int(self.channel_number) - 1
        self.channel_number = ""
        self.getControl(9999).setLabel(self.channel_number)

behaviour = int(ADDON.getSetting('channel.shortcut.behaviour'))
        if (self.mode != MODE_EPG) and (behaviour > 0):
            program = utils.Program(channel=channelList[n], title='', sub_title='', startDate=None, endDate=None, description='', categories='')
            self.playOrChoose(program)
        elif (behaviour == 2) or (behaviour == 1 and self.mode != MODE_EPG):
            self._hideOsdOnly()
            self._hideQuickEpg()
            self.focusPoint.y = 0
            self.onRedrawEPG(n, self.viewStartDate)
            xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Select)')
        else:
            self._hideOsdOnly()
            self._hideQuickEpg()
            self.focusPoint.y = 0
            self.onRedrawEPG(n, self.viewStartDate)

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-03-31

Thanks. Could you add it as a Pull Request on Github.
If you can't don't worry.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gottahavit - 2018-04-02

I will if I can make it work properly.  Thought I had it but still creates a mess of the guide.  For now I just change the code to:

program = utils.Program(channel=channelList[n], title='', sub_title='', startDate=None, endDate=None, description='', categories='')

This never scrolls or redraws guide and works fine

Also As soon as I refine it I'll post the changes to this and to "Omer Turgman" node js app to expose new commands to change channel by name or number through google home voice commands.  Using IFTTT webhook and these two apps, I now have a single recipe which will let me say part of or full channel name or number and TVGFS will start playing that channel  Right now it's about 80%.

if I can get it to scroll properly, I should be able to get program searches to work pretty easily too.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Fetterbr - 2018-04-02

Hi.
I think this TV guide is exactly what i need, full screen and for URL source iptv.  I still have a question about installation and looking for a walk trough how and what to install from the repo primaevals beta dev repository version 0.0.2.
Is there a guide around for this, sorry if i ask silly and havent found it yet
bt Finn

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-04-02

(2018-04-02, 06:24)Fetterbr Wrote: Hi.
I think this TV guide is exactly what i need, full screen and for URL source iptv.  I still have a question about installation and looking for a walk trough how and what to install from the repo primaevals beta dev repository version 0.0.2.
Is there a guide around for this, sorry if i ask silly and havent found it yet
bt Finn
 Hi.
There is a Quick Start guide in the Github Wiki.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen/wiki/Quickstart

Most of the keyboard commands are described here.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen/wiki/Commands

Most of the Settings are described here.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen/wiki/Settings

If you're looking for more details they are problem in this thread somewhere.

I usually write a post with new Settings and a bit about how to use them like this.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=282157&pid=2715998#pid2715998
So you can probably Search this thread for the Setting name.

If you're stuck just ask.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-04-02

(2018-04-02, 01:45)gottahavit Wrote: I will if I can make it work properly.  Thought I had it but still creates a mess of the guide.  For now I just change the code to:

This never scrolls or redraws guide and works fine

Also As soon as I refine it I'll post the changes to this and to "Omer Turgman" node js app to expose new commands to change channel by name or number through google home voice commands.  Using IFTTT webhook and these two apps, I now have a single recipe which will let me say part of or full channel name or number and TVGFS will start playing that channel  Right now it's about 80%.

if I can get it to scroll properly, I should be able to get program searches to work pretty easily too.
 Would it be easier if I create some hidden text input controls in gui.py for channel name search?

There are already Channel, Program, Synopsis/Plot, Category search functions.

[EDIT] I still can't recreate your problem from TVGF.
What Skin and Settings have you turned on?
It always seems to scroll and play for me.
Could you post the steps you need to get it to fail based on all Default Settings.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gottahavit - 2018-04-03

hidden input wont work as rpc needs dialog.

to reproduce scroll issue, I just turn on shortcuts type index.  have guide, type like 030 to go to a channel. It scrolls that channel to top but when you come back to guide you can't scroll up from channel 030.  It thinks thats the first channel.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-04-03

Where do you go before you "come back to guide " and how do you come back again?
Playing a channel and stopping it doesn't seem to do anything strange.

Post or pm me your settings.xml and I'll see if it is a special combination that causes problems.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Doctor Eggs - 2018-04-03

(2018-04-03, 03:41)gottahavit Wrote: hidden input wont work as rpc needs dialog.

to reproduce scroll issue, I just turn on shortcuts type index.  have guide, type like 030 to go to a channel. It scrolls that channel to top but when you come back to guide you can't scroll up from channel 030.  It thinks thats the first channel.
How many channels come before 030? If it's less than the number of channels per page it won't scroll up. 

Example:
I have 10 channels per page. My channel numbering goes from 01 - 50. If I type "10", there are only nine numbers above and it won't scroll up. If I type 11, it will scroll. I usually type 01 or hit the End key on the keyboard and that will bring me to the top.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gottahavit - 2018-04-04

(2018-04-03, 15:08)Doctor Eggs Wrote:
(2018-04-03, 03:41)gottahavit Wrote: hidden input wont work as rpc needs dialog.

How many channels come before 030? If it's less than the number of channels per page it won't scroll up. 

Example:
I have 10 channels per page. My channel numbering goes from 01 - 50. If I type "10", there are only nine numbers above and it won't scroll up. If I type 11, it will scroll. I usually type 01 or hit the End key on the keyboard and that will bring me to the top. 
 so there are 29 channels before 30, however it happens even if I type 002, it will scroll down to two and redraw the guide with 002 at the top and you can't scroll up to 001.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-04-04

Post or pm me your settings.xml and I'll see if it is a special combination that causes problems.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - mzup - 2018-04-04

Hey Primaeval, Dr Eggs. Me again. I was the guy who had that minor issue with keeping the setting of amount of channels to show per page set to a number other than 10. Well now I found another minor issue and may also be related to the Dr's skin. When I am watching a show and pull up the guide full screen by using the back button, if I hit back again it exits TVGF. So I found the setting in configuration to disabled that, (unchecking Exit on Back) but it is doing the same thing where it doesn't hold the change. So I don't know if it is the WMC skin or issue with TVGF itself.

Other than that all is great!!!

Thanks

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - primaeval - 2018-04-04

Does it do the same with the Default skin?