Kodi Community Forum
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) (/showthread.php?tid=282157)

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - FXB78 - 2016-09-08

I just tried again & the fix in 0.0.111 seems to have done the job! Thanks primaeval for your help & the quick fix Smile

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - cwh060 - 2016-09-12

Maybe it's me. Using Kodi 16.1 Confluence skin.

But I'm having a heck of time trying to figure out the Stream Setup options.

I have WebGrab+ configured to generate a guide for a couple of channels from different sources. I mainly use two plugins, NextPVR for local cable, and an IPTV Video Addon for some subscription services.

Stream Setup
I am able to select the streams if channels are already set to Favorites, without a problem. Now this would work fine, but in order to get these into favorites I would have to add every channel, I would like displayed. Fine, but lots of work.

If I use the Addons button, nothing show up. Arrow up/down does nothing. If I try the Browse button, only Easy Advanced settings show up. I find no way to "Browse". The text Click and Wait to Load, just sits there. Add Folder does nothing. I have done a "Refresh Addons", again nothing shows up.

Am I missing something here, do I need to add the addons to somewhere. I've gone through all 20 pages, read the first page about a dozen times.

cwh

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-12

(2016-09-12, 16:57)cwh060 Wrote: Maybe it's me. Using Kodi 16.1 Confluence skin.

But I'm having a heck of time trying to figure out the Stream Setup options.

I have WebGrab+ configured to generate a guide for a couple of channels from different sources. I mainly use two plugins, NextPVR for local cable, and an IPTV Video Addon for some subscription services.

Stream Setup
I am able to select the streams if channels are already set to Favorites, without a problem. Now this would work fine, but in order to get these into favorites I would have to add every channel, I would like displayed. Fine, but lots of work.

If I use the Addons button, nothing show up. Arrow up/down does nothing. If I try the Browse button, only Easy Advanced settings show up. I find no way to "Browse". The text Click and Wait to Load, just sits there. Add Folder does nothing. I have done a "Refresh Addons", again nothing shows up.

Am I missing something here, do I need to add the addons to somewhere. I've gone through all 20 pages, read the first page about a dozen times.

cwh

The Next PVR is a client for the normal Kodi PVR. This addon has similar functionality but it is not the same thing.
Follow the instructions here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/NextPVR

For normal video addons that provide video streams do the following:

Stream Setup \ Browse
scroll through the video addons (eg iPlayer WWW with autoplay on)
click and wait
select the folder (eg iPlayer: Watch Live)
click and wait
click Add Folder

The list of streams should be added to a file called addons.ini in your userdata folder.
If your xmltv channel matches at least one of the addon channels it should give you a Choose Stream dialog when you try to play the channel.

The next time you go back into Stream Setup the folder list should be in the Addons tab.

If you have a Favourite stream that matches the channel it will automatically pick that first.
You can change that by manually selecting a stream somewhere in Stream Setup and clicking Save.

It is quite a complicated procedure but it is the only TV Guide in kodiland that can add streams from any addon right now.

The problem I have is that:

Stream Setup \ Browse <=Ok, I click Browse
scroll through the video addons (eg iPlayer WWW with autoplay on) <=There is nothing to scroll through, only 1 plugin shows up.
click and wait <=Just appears on the screen and never changes, left it on for an hour.
select the folder (eg iPlayer: Watch Live) <=Never get this far
click and wait <=Never get this far
click Add Folder <=Never get this far.

I'll check the addon.ini file

cwh

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-12

(2016-09-12, 17:56)cwh060 Wrote: The problem I have is that:

Stream Setup \ Browse <=Ok, I click Browse
scroll through the video addons (eg iPlayer WWW with autoplay on) <=There is nothing to scroll through, only 1 plugin shows up.
click and wait <=Just appears on the screen and never changes, left it on for an hour.
select the folder (eg iPlayer: Watch Live) <=Never get this far
click and wait <=Never get this far
click Add Folder <=Never get this far.

I'll check the addon.ini file

cwh

Can you post a log. pastebin.com is usually the easiest way to post it.

You know what, I figured it out!

It was showing the plugins, but I was using the mouse to try and move the onscreen arrows up and down. Instead of using the keyboard arrow keys to move around! User failure!

Now it's pulling in all the channels from my IPTV plugin.

cwh

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - FXB78 - 2016-09-13

(2016-09-08, 21:32)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.111
- re fix

Hopefully this will deal with matching channels to the logo folder if the name has regex characters.
Primaeval, I'm seeing this issue again after updating to 0.0.112, the fix in the previous version solved the problem but it seems to now be back..! I've had a look at the logs and the same errors as before are being displayed. Has the fix from 0.0.111 been inadvertently removed perhaps?

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-13

(2016-09-13, 10:38)FXB78 Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 21:32)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.111
- re fix

Hopefully this will deal with matching channels to the logo folder if the name has regex characters.
Primaeval, I'm seeing this issue again after updating to 0.0.112, the fix in the previous version solved the problem but it seems to now be back..! I've had a look at the logs and the same errors as before are being displayed. Has the fix from 0.0.111 been inadvertently removed perhaps?

It might be. There is a change in 0.0.112 which needs to be properly fixed. I'll see if I can release something later today.
Here is the change if you want to try to undo it. Take the [0] off the stream variable in this compare.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen/compare/0.0.111...0.0.112

See if 0.0.113 fixes it.

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-13

version 0.0.113
- AutoPlayWiths

This is a big addition. The database structure has changed and might need a Settings \ Reset Database.

The AutoPlayWith feature gives you the ability to schedule a Core player from playercorefactory.xml or run your own python script when a Program plays or stops.

The details and example files are in addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\resources\playwith

The AutoPlayWith list is on Remote 7. To instantly play and stop use Remote 9 and 8 respectively.

This is quite an advanced feature but gives you a lot of potential to do things like: play with an external player, stream the program around your network, dump the stream to disk, schedule backend software like tvheadend or your own server.
If anyone comes up with some generic solutions I will add them into the addon.

As always check the legality of saving streams based on your country's laws and the stream provider's permissions.

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-20

version 0.0.118
- import PVR channels (in Stream Setup)
- Right for Fullscreen in TV mode
- Context Menu everywhere
- osd fix

version 0.0.117
- Meta channel player

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - dave157 - 2016-09-22

(2016-09-20, 11:49)primaeval Wrote: version 0.0.118
- osd fix

version 0.0.117
- Meta channel player

@primaeval, Any chance of including a SchedulesDirect JSON-API function similar to bluezed's EPG-Direct?

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-22

(2016-09-22, 05:03)dave157 Wrote:
- osd fix

version 0.0.117
- Meta channel player

@primaeval, Any chance of including a SchedulesDirect JSON-API function similar to bluezed's EPG-Direct?

I talked quite a lot about it with bluezed. I wouldn't mind adding it in but because it is a paid service I won't be able to test it.
I'm not working at the moment so money is tight.

If you can get an xmltv output from SchedulesDirect you can import that into any TV Guide. I don't know if they support that or if any apps can make the conversion for you.

Something that might help you in the meantime is a little utility addon I made recently to create addons.ini files from any addon's channels or the Kodi PVR channels. You can import that into EPG-Direct.

addons.ini Creator http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291225

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - primaeval - 2016-09-22

- Custom EPG Background and Timebar images

If you are not a big fan of my grey and cyan theme this is your lucky day. Wink

There are Settings to select your own images for the epg and timebar in Settings \ Appearance \ Background Image ...
The image size is 1280x450 for the EPG background area.

If anyone wants any more visual settings exposed for your own customization let me know.

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - dave157 - 2016-09-22

(2016-09-22, 08:49)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 05:03)dave157 Wrote:
- osd fix

version 0.0.117
- Meta channel player

I talked quite a lot about it with bluezed. I wouldn't mind adding it in but because it is a paid service I won't be able to test it.
I'm not working at the moment so money is tight.

If you can get an xmltv output from SchedulesDirect you can import that into any TV Guide. I don't know if they support that or if any apps can make the conversion for you.

Something that might help you in the meantime is a little utility addon I made recently to create addons.ini files from any addon's channels or the Kodi PVR channels. You can import that into EPG-Direct.

addons.ini Creator http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291225

I pm'ed you

RE: TV Guide with built-in Addon browser (.ini free) - Jeffers24 - 2016-09-26

Does this addon have a nameHuh