Kodi Community Forum
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) (/showthread.php?tid=282157)

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - MikeKL - 2016-12-30

(2016-12-30, 10:47)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 00:25)FXB78 Wrote: @primaeval - With regards to any more enhancements, all I can think is one thing I used to like was when I updated my xmltv file the addon would refresh the listings the next time I opened the guide. This worked well as I would update overnight & the first time I opened the guide it would update. Now it updates every 24 hours, which is just a random time around the middle of the day. I'm not sure when this changed, it could possibly be when you added the MD5 check but I couldn't say for sure. If you could change this to force a refresh on a change to the xml file the guide would be pretty much complete for me Smile

Thanks.

I spent a long time trying to stop it updating in the foreground and now you want it to do that. :O

Do you leave your device on all the time?

If you turn it on every time you can enable the Background Service and tick the Login box so it updates in the background when you start Kodi.

I'll have a look at the file modified check for local files. I'm not sure that is working right now.
If xmltv file is stored locally, can't you just change available TV Fullscreen guide setting from "default?" every 24hr to 12hrs or as I think your asking; every start of the TV Guide? Maybe one of beta updates modified user saved setting back to default?

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - FXB78 - 2016-12-30

(2016-12-30, 12:58)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 10:47)primaeval Wrote: I spent a long time trying to stop it updating in the foreground and now you want it to do that. :O

If you turn it on every time you can enable the Background Service and tick the Login box so it updates in the background when you start Kodi.

I'll have a look at the file modified check for local files. I'm not sure that is working right now.
If xmltv file is stored locally, can't you just change available TV Fullscreen guide setting from "default?" every 24hr to 12hrs or as I think your asking; every start of the TV Guide? Maybe one of beta updates modified user saved setting back to default?
I could change it to every start yes, but then every time I open the guide (several times a day) it takes 5/10 seconds to update. I only need it to update once a day not every single time I open the addon. I'm happy with it taking a few seconds once a day in one hit but would prefer it first thing in morning after my file is updated so I have 3 days of listings to browse, rather than waiting until 5pm or whatever for it to update. I'd rather just update once in a morning, wait a few seconds & it's job done.

I'll give the background service thing a go set to 6 hours, it might work ok. I'm just always wary of having things needlessly running in the background, especially at startup where it's already slow with Library & PVR Updates and various other things initialising. But I'll see how it goes, thanks guys Smile

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Cangeoboy - 2016-12-30

primaeval, just found this tvguide addon and have to say it's very good. Love the ability to create an addons.ini from within the program and the ability to browse through all my addons. Just a couple of quick questions/comments. When I toggle between regular/small epg I don't see any changes. The first time I installed it worked fine, but when I went to change the background it stopped working.

Also not sure the parameters on using your own skin. I do still like how the skin from this other tv guide is setup and would like to see something like this on my setup. Especially the black background for the channels area, and how the time bar progressively highlights/fills in as time increases. Is this something that is easy to setup? Can I just choose this skin as my own linking to its location?

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gillmacca - 2016-12-30

(2016-12-30, 10:16)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 04:56)gillmacca Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 18:23)gillmacca Wrote: Just setting up my xml file with the xmltv_id numbers, and was wondering, as you now have an option to autoplay the channel when selected in the EPG, is it possible that while you are watching live tv, that you can type the channel number for it to turn the channel over.

Thanks again for all the amazing work

Just given it a quick test. Works great.
I am able to enter the channel number while watching tv, but that just takes me back to the EPG and the corresponding channel number

Have you got version 0.0.275 and turned on "Settings \ Appearance \ Auto-Play Channel On Number Input" ?

I have that version, but won't turning that option on, auto-play from the EPG as well. I really only want to auto-play from live tv

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - gillmacca - 2016-12-30

(2016-12-30, 13:28)FXB78 Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 12:58)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 10:47)primaeval Wrote: I spent a long time trying to stop it updating in the foreground and now you want it to do that. :O

I could change it to every start yes, but then every time I open the guide (several times a day) it takes 5/10 seconds to update. I only need it to update once a day not every single time I open the addon. I'm happy with it taking a few seconds once a day in one hit but would prefer it first thing in morning after my file is updated so I have 3 days of listings to browse, rather than waiting until 5pm or whatever for it to update. I'd rather just update once in a morning, wait a few seconds & it's job done.

I'll give the background service thing a go set to 6 hours, it might work ok. I'm just always wary of having things needlessly running in the background, especially at startup where it's already slow with Library & PVR Updates and various other things initialising. But I'll see how it goes, thanks guys Smile

I have the same issue. If I don't use tv guide for a little while, it will reload the xml file. I do have background service on

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - Hinkel - 2016-12-30

(2016-12-30, 14:42)Cangeoboy Wrote: primaeval, just found this tvguide addon and have to say it's very good. Love the ability to create an addons.ini from within the program and the ability to browse through all my addons. Just a couple of quick questions/comments. When I toggle between regular/small epg I don't see any changes. The first time I installed it worked fine, but when I went to change the background it stopped working.

Also not sure the parameters on using your own skin. I do still like how the skin from this other tv guide is setup and would like to see something like this on my setup. Especially the black background for the channels area, and how the time bar progressively highlights/fills in as time increases. Is this something that is easy to setup? Can I just choose this skin as my own linking to its location?

Maybe this kind of background could be implemented in the dark skin option? It looks beautiful.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - TheGame1986 - 2016-12-30

(2016-12-30, 14:42)Cangeoboy Wrote: primaeval, just found this tvguide addon and have to say it's very good. Love the ability to create an addons.ini from within the program and the ability to browse through all my addons. Just a couple of quick questions/comments. When I toggle between regular/small epg I don't see any changes. The first time I installed it worked fine, but when I went to change the background it stopped working.

(2016-12-30, 19:36)Hinkel Wrote: Maybe this kind of background could be implemented in the dark skin option? It looks beautiful.

This is the default skin I made for FTV Guide. I will make a conversion of it over to TVGFullscreen after the New Year. It may not be exact though due to obvious reasons with difference in coding of the two add-ons.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - donbrew - 2016-12-30

I have not been paying attention lately, maybe I missed something .

version 0.0.275,Ubuntu 16.04, kodi 17 beta 7. How do I get to the channel setup now? Used to use the right mouse button on my remote, now that does the same as escape/back/info. I don't have a keyboard, just the VRC-1100 USB remote, which works as usual in other addons.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - myname - 2016-12-31

@donbrew - long press OK (or select, etc) on the remote to bring up the menu. I mapped "Drag mouse" to open the menu, so that i click on a channel and then drag the mouse down and the menu appears.

For the skin, i made a custom mod. Its easy to put in a background for the channels in the EPG but the hard part is to make it disappear when it's in pip mode. As for porting over your old skin, add the xml files from the default skin you have missing (like categories), replace the menu xml and streamsetup xml (too many ID differences), and in main you will have to add a few things like categories and IDs 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 9999, etc.

Edit: You will have to change all the channel text\logos\channel numbers etc as his skin has selectable columns (8-16). You are better off using his default skin as a base for your mod, rather than trying to port over the old FTV style guide like i initially tried..

In my OSD i added touch screen (mouse) controls to channel surf while in fullscreen. I barely use my keyboard and rely on the mouse 99% of the time. It works great but i don't know the command to initialize the "select a channel" after you find a program channel surfing. I tried <onclick>return</onclick>, <onclick>select</onclick>, <onclick>enter</onclick> and none work. Anyone know the command?

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - donbrew - 2016-12-31

Correction at least on my system: long left mouse button = channel menu. Long OK does something like a crash, not exactly tho.

Channels from some addons (that cannot be mentioned) that worked last week no longer do from the guide, just the spinner, but they work in the particular addon. Does that mean only "mentionable" addons can be used in the guide now? Or did the addons change something? For me, the guide just became useless, unless I can fix this.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - FXB78 - 2016-12-31

(2016-12-31, 18:52)donbrew Wrote: Channels from some addons (that cannot be mentioned) that worked last week no longer do from the guide, just the spinner, but they work in the particular addon. Does that mean only "mentionable" addons can be used in the guide now? Or did the addons change something? For me, the guide just became useless, unless I can fix this.
Most likely they changed the links in the addon you're using & you are holding a dead link in the guide. Check your kodi log and cross refer to the source.db & you will find out for sure.

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - myname - 2016-12-31

(2016-12-31, 18:52)donbrew Wrote: Correction at least on my system: long left mouse button = channel menu. Long OK does something like a crash, not exactly tho.
The long mouse click is correct, but for remotes i thought it was a similar action, ie: hold down the "ok" button. I don't use a remote though anymore.

Per the addons, i don't see anything changed that would affect them from working besides perhaps the introduction of the alternate streaming method. Try "refresh Addons" in options and if the problem still persists, perhaps try the alternate streaming method when adding an addon to your sub list (folders.list).

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - donbrew - 2016-12-31

Deleting sources.db and re configuring worked. Is there an easier way when an addon updates?

The VRC-1100 is the one that has mouse function in addition to "remote" functions (labelled Vista MCE remote).

Keymap editor didn't work on it until today when I started to moan about it, now it suddenly works!

RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - samueljones - 2016-12-31

@primaeval, new update to 0.0.276 and autoplay when channel number input has stopped working. I have the option ticked