Kodi Community Forum
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use (/showthread.php?tid=291943)

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-09-28

(2016-09-28, 21:08)Skank Wrote: Euh for the wrapper...
You have to download this from google store first? It doesnt come preinstalleD?
Plus, we have to pay for the wrapper?
Guess you figured it out... that wrapper from Google Play ($3) is only if you want to use official Kodi 16.1 w/external player. But, I like ZDMC just fine w/its option to easily enable external (native) player. There are a couple of typos and oddly worded phrases though. @mirror88, obviously these are low priority, but can you fix this and this at some point? Thanks.

(2016-09-27, 02:48)wesk05 Wrote: Here is the link: BT.2020.20140602.ts
Plays fine. But, no audio like w/other 4K 10-bit HDR clips. @Skank, can you also test the HDR clips I linked to here and see if you get audio? Resolved, see post #93 below

(2016-09-27, 08:17)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 01:45)hdmkv Wrote: DVD menu shows up, but you can't do anything w/it w/native player. Directional buttons, OK button, don't work;
Known issus,Already solved it,will upgrade it in next firmware.
Nice work! Fixed in beta zidoo_videoplay_1.1.40066.apk (native player) you sent me to test. But, how do you get DVD menu back after you make a selection and video plays? Pressing 'Menu' button shows BD-lite type menu options, not DVD's actual menu. Tried other buttons on remote and none work for this.

Pics of DVD tests here, here and here.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wesk05 - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-28, 22:58)hdmkv Wrote: Plays fine. But, no audio like w/other 4K 10-bit HDR clips.
I believe you have to change HDMI output to PCM. All these clips have AAC audio that has to be decoded and output as PCM.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-09-29

And, you're right as usual Smile. With HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro, there isn't an 'Auto' option for HDMI output, so I selected 'RAW' and even AAC files play fine w/audio. With Zidoo X9S however, here's what you need to do...

This lets AAC audio work, while retaining proper HD audio passthough for DD+/TrueHD/ATMOS and DTS HRA/MA/X.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-09-29

@hdmkv
Quote:There are a couple of typos and oddly worded phrases though. @mirror88, obviously these are low priority, but can you fix this and this at some point? Thanks.
Thanks,Will fix it in next version firmware

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - hdmkv - 2016-09-29

Thanks, you're doing terrific so far Smile. To me, once you fix flip-eyes for right-eye first 3D titles, X9S deserves an A-. Add basic picture controls (brightness, contrast, etc.) in settings, smooth-out VP9 playback, and resolve that stutter/judder in MVC MKV's, then it's a solid 'A' (or even 'A+' grade), and better than HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (you guys are really close)!

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - mirror88 - 2016-09-29

Quote:But, how do you get DVD menu back after you make a selection and video plays? Pressing 'Menu' button shows BD-lite type menu options, not DVD's actual menu. Tried other buttons on remote and none work for this.
When the video is playing,to get DVD menu much more complicated than we thought.We won't spend too much time on DVD,There is too many work to do.

Personally, I don't care about any menus, whether DVD or Blu-ray (just right to the main movie for me w/o any fuss, thank you). Maybe a wrong image to post, but you get the idea Wink. But, I know some users care about those menus.

(2016-09-29, 01:58)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks, you're doing terrific so far Smile. To me, once you fix flip-eyes for right-eye first 3D titles, X9S deserves an A-. Add basic picture controls (brightness, contrast, etc.) in settings, smooth-out VP9 playback, and resolve that stutter/judder in MVC MKV's, then it's a solid 'A' (or even 'A+' grade), and better than HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (you guys are really close)!

We are checking the MVC MKV issue,and add basic picture controls.
About the mvc mkv,can you try playing a movie to confirm this issue?We found MVC-3D-MKV have not a uniform frame rate,Anyway,We will check it and try to solve it

(2016-09-28, 21:08)Skank Wrote: Euh for the wrapper...
You have to download this from google store first? It doesnt come preinstalleD?
Plus, we have to pay for the wrapper?

Nothing to do,ZDMC have a great wrapper solution

(2016-09-29, 02:15)mirror88 Wrote: We are checking the MVC MKV issue,and add basic picture controls.
About the mvc mkv,can you try playing a movie to confirm this issue?We found MVC-3D-MKV have not a uniform frame rate,Anyway,We will check it and try to solve it
Just use MakeMKV (it's free) to mount and rip any of the 3D ISO's you have to MVC MKV. With all, you'll find playback stutters heavily in the first 30 seconds to a minute, then gets better... but, never smooths out. ISO of same movie plays great.

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wesk05 - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 01:13)hdmkv Wrote: And, you're right as usual Smile. With HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro, there isn't an 'Auto' option for HDMI output, so I selected 'RAW' and even AAC files play fine w/audio. With Zidoo X9S however, here's what you need to do...

It was a SWAG Wink

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - Skank - 2016-09-29

Hdmkv, how do i enable wrapper in zdmc?

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - DenisDA - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 07:24)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv, how do i enable wrapper in zdmc?

Videos settings - Playback - check box "Play video with external player"

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - wrxtasy - 2016-09-29

to @hdmkv,
As this question was lost and not answered from over in the HiRes Audio thread:

(2016-08-20, 11:17)Koying Wrote: 24bits is just a false issue, as Android now supports float, which is basically 32bits.
The real "issue" is that the Android mixer is still limited to 48khz, afaik, so you have to bypass it somehow to be able to output 96khz or 192khz.
I'm now finding confusing, conflicting information in a number of Android Kodi media player Audio tests that I find hard to believe.

From @hdmkv's Q10 Pro testing: (and Zidoo X9S)
Quote:[Audio] 96kHz, 192kHz and 96kHz/24-bit = all three pass

So do HiMedia and Zidoo use the private C Audio interface, the same way Google Music (exclusively) does it ?
Are we 100% sure > 48khz Audio is actually being output ?

RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - OlivierQC - 2016-09-29

(2016-09-29, 01:58)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks, you're doing terrific so far Smile. To me, once you fix flip-eyes for right-eye first 3D titles, X9S deserves an A-. Add basic picture controls (brightness, contrast, etc.) in settings, smooth-out VP9 playback, and resolve that stutter/judder in MVC MKV's,

then it's a solid 'A' (or even 'A+' grade), and better than HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (you guys are really close)!

Hello hdmkv,

about PQ, zidoo has a better picture compared to the himedia Q10 pro/Imprex Engine 2.0 ?