Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

found something interesting - kikomonster - 2008-02-08

Hi BBB,

Poking around more on to the file manager, I have stumbled upon default.xbe located on E:\Dashboard. Could this be the path where the shortcuts have to be created? Also, there is 2 files in it named xbmc.log & xbmc.old.log

I didn't run the script yet. I will wait for your comments/suggestion on what to do.

Thanks.

- box6 - 2008-02-11

i've tested here... no success in 1080i, but worked perfectly in 720p...

i was trying since the first version of T3CH Upgrader, with no success... thats the first time

any chance to do a mem flush or something to free up some memory?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-11

Were not convinced its a memory issue, but maybe changing to a lower mem usage rez (4:3 PAL/NTSC) might be worth doing to see if it increases unrar success rate ? Either way, its not a script problem, so your testing might be more helpful to xbmc devs in the unrar thread that was started in the bugs forums ?

- Fox - 2008-02-11

Changing from 720p to 1080i seems to have affect on a lot of scripts due to the memory shortage, AMT for example can't play the hi-def movies if you are running 1080i.

- ozNick - 2008-02-13

BigBellyBilly Wrote:Were not convinced its a memory issue, but maybe changing to a lower mem usage rez (4:3 PAL/NTSC) might be worth doing to see if it increases unrar success rate ? Either way, its not a script problem, so your testing might be more helpful to xbmc devs in the unrar thread that was started in the bugs forums ?

I have been running on 720p haven't had an issue with T3CH Upgrader until the latest release of T3CH.

Running v1.3.1 of T3CH Upgrader on T3CH_2008-01-27.

On my 720p box the upgrade failed to unrar several times. Changed resolution to 480 and worked ok.

On my PAL box - no problem.

Cheers Nick

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-13

I don't profess to know anything about the inner workings of the unrar process, but while I was implementing the local unzip option, the only file that was a problem was the 15mb textures.xbr that required 29mb (cos of the way unzip worked) inorder to be unpacked. It could be the same file giving unrar problems.

If lowering the rez before running script works for you, its not a big deal to switch it back after upgrade is compete. That has to be the best thing to try.

btw, I have no outstanding features/bugs for this script (that I know of) apart from maybe some language strings/readme updates that are outstanding.
Please send me any updated language strings or readme.txt translations if you want to contribute. German,Polish are the most upto date, but all others need some attention.

thanks
BBB

- hei_q - 2008-02-18

really nice work! Is it possible to set a different download path? I have very less space on e:.
to unrar e\apps is good, but to downoad i want a different partition. Is this possible?

- hei_q - 2008-02-19

k, forget the special download direction i have found out something.
If i use your script as default, autoexec.py is "notify" everything is ok. But in "silent" Mode i get an error "userdata ascii signs" or something, then it makes a wrong shortcut to the new one and then xbmc crashes. Sure, cause there is no userdata.

As tested: in manually mode (autoexec.py) everything works.
Thats an info, cause this is ok, for me..... Again: GREAT WORK!

(sorry for double post, but i cant find the edit button here)

- dukegrad - 2008-02-19

same problem here as ozNick... NTSC box at 720p upgrade fails. reset GUI to 480p and rebooted. upgrade went through without a hitch (using local RAR). odd, but glad i've now got a fix for it!

-e

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-19

crash in silent mode: I'll look into it. thanks

changing rez prior to upgrade seems to be the popular quick fix. I'd imagine that should work with direct download+install as well as Local rar installation.

My unrar error caused by lack of space - tezzatheman - 2008-02-19

Hi,

I experienced the problem with the error unraring the t3ch download the same as a few others. Mine was fixed by freeing up enough space on the HDD drive for the full unrarred data. Once I did that the upgrade worked as it always does.

I've not really checked it out but does the upgrader script check that there is enough space on the drive for the unrarred/unzipped data? Or monitor the amount of free space in the install location while the uncompression is happening?

Not sure if this was the cause of the other unrar issues but it sure was the cause of mine.

BBB - Thanks for an awesome script. Sure saves me a HUGE amount of time.

Cheers
T

Another thought - tezzatheman - 2008-02-19

Just had another thought. If the upgrader script determines that space is getting too low it could offer to either remove the oldest build of the t3ch install or could open up the maintain t3ch builds screen to allow the user to do it manually.

Maybe even put in the option to automatically only keep the last two builds?

T

It currently doesn't, but could/should check on available space on installation drive

It could also check on available free mem, warning of possible unrar failure if < 28mb free ? (mb figure is best guess at this point)

Housekeeping of drive space and deleting old installations is probably best left to the user, either throu scripts 'Delete Build' option or xbmc Filemanager.

Cool! - tezzatheman - 2008-02-19

Yup - sounds like a good idea. Thanks again for making things easier for the XBMC group at large.

T

check hdd (stop) and ram (prompt to continue) space before installation.
Tweaked Silent mode.

in svn (not as a release), english strings updated.