Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: [XBOX] T3CH Upgrader (Python Script) (/showthread.php?tid=29329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- hei_q - 2008-02-20

another really important thing (for me): I already have a callmonitor in autoexec.py, now the problem is that if i start both scripts (callmonitor and upgrader) i cant start another script, so if upgrader script in notify mode says: "new version" i cant enter the tech upgrade manually.
Now Solution: Just let the upgrader in notify mode close itselfs after (5sec.) There is no need to let this script run the whole time cause it checks for new version only at startup.

So if there would be an option: for ex. "default.py, notify, 5sec" it closes the techupgrader script in notify mode after 5 secs.

This woul dreally be nice! Is this possible?

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-20

In NOTIFY mode the script checks for a new build then exists, it isn't running all the time ?

enabling xbmc debug mode (throu advancedsettings.xml) will show the script start, check, notify (if found) then exit

SILENT mode, is the same , except it also does the installation if found.

- hei_q - 2008-02-20

k, u are right. But there is a problem if i use both. T3ch Upgrader is not working in notify mode. Then it only shows the message but i cant open the upgrader to download. If i only put one of both in autostart and then start the other manually it works.

I have seen in debug that the difference is that python is beeing unload if i only start your script. This must be the reason. I dont know which script of both could do this better so i wrote both developers... :-) If u have any idea... DO IT! :-)

- Nuka1195 - 2008-02-20

try the following between the scripts

Code:
xbmc.sleep(3000)

- hei_q - 2008-02-22

ok, i try this, but where i have to set this string? In autoexec.py?

Like this?

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui

xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.RunScript(Q:\\scripts\\T3CH Upgrader\\default.py, NOTIFY)")

xbmc.sleep(3000)

xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\xbmcfritz\\CallerID.py')

- hei_q - 2008-02-22

k, in autoexec.py as described it dont works. Same Prob, no change...

- hei_q - 2008-02-22

i have changed upgrader settings to notify when not new : Ja.
So with both scripts in autoexec.py, there is the message that no new release is available, if i now want to enter the t3ch upgarder menu it shows this message again but there is no menu, so i cant download/change something.
So the prob is that if i want to enter t3ch upgrader it starts the script again in notify mode, not without "notify".

- BigBellyBilly - 2008-02-22

How are you starting the script manually, not calling autoexec.py are you ?

- hei_q - 2008-02-22

sure not, i use the default.py in the t3ch upgrader folder.

Remember: everything is working nice if i only have your script in autoexec.py. Then after there is the notifyi can manually enter the script.

then I suggest turning on xbmc debug, replicate the problem and send me the xbmc.log

Also, if you PM me with your email, I'll send you latest build inwhcih I've tweaked some of the code in this area.

- I'minbiggles - 2008-02-22

Hi, been hanging around for a while now then realised my live/hotmail email was to blame for not getting any updates. Anyway not sure if its been mentioned before but I was and still am having issues using the script having since updated to the latest 360 skin. The rar would only unpack then produce the path fail messages. Reverting back to the deafult XBMC skin (Project Mayhem III) solved the issue for me. I have a PAL Xbox changed to NTSC 720p using Enigma Videomode. Just thought that may or may not help. Great script by the way Smile

probably uses more mem than PMIII. next version does a check and warns when low ram and/or disk space. try dropping to PAL or NTSC from 720p before upgrading.

(I'm beginning to sound like a a stuck record now...)

- huma79 - 2008-02-23

This confused me also.. maybe it should say "Copy old custom data to new build?" or something

BigBellyBilly Wrote:The prompt is asking if you wish to transfer your current build information (scripts, viz, UserData etc) to the new build.

You don't have to transfer the data, you can say NO and still switch to new build.

Locating your UserData outside of XBMC (by editing the default profile) saves about 80% of the time it takes to transfer, especially if your a big user of the misic/video library modes.

but, what would you prefer it to say ?

Now added in ability to pick/install an old T3CH build from web.

- ozNick - 2008-02-25

BigBellyBilly Wrote:... next version does a check and warns when low ram and/or disk space. try dropping to PAL or NTSC from 720p before upgrading.

(I'm beginning to sound like a a stuck record now...)

Next version could do the following, for softmod XBoxes anyway...

- Check if running Hi-Res.
- If Running Hi-Res backup bios file eg copy default.xbe to default.t3ch
- Copy BIOS file, assoc with low res eeprom to default.xbe (eg copy defaut.pal to default.xbe)
- If exist autoexec.py then copy autoexec.py to autoexec.t3ch
- Copy in an autoexec.py that restarts the T3CH upgrade process
- Reboot XBox

T3CH resumes from reboot in low res
- Complete all tasks
- Delete autoexec.py
- If exist autoexec.t3ch then move autoexec.t3ch to autoexec.py
- Copy back original BIOS file (ie default.t3ch to default.xbe)
- Reboot

[/tounge cheek]

- hei_q - 2008-02-25

BigBellyBilly Wrote:then I suggest turning on xbmc debug, replicate the problem and send me the xbmc.log

Also, if you PM me with your email, I'll send you latest build inwhcih I've tweaked some of the code in this area.

k, u have mail, if the log file wouldnt so much text i posted it here too.