Kodi Community Forum
Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration (/showthread.php?tid=305927)

Pages: 1 2

Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - JeanieHap - 2017-02-05

Perhaps someone can assist me
I am have repeated inconsistent errors of Kodi Krypton upgrades stalling at "Add-On Migration in Progress"
Boxes are fairly standard OS 6.1 such as "Sunvell T95X Amlogic S905X Android TV Box - 2GB + 8GB US PLUG 1" in both 1 gig and 2 gig configurations
Devices are "Rooted"
Sometimes the boxes will upgrade to a screen - being unplugged and restarted repeatedly
Other times the boxes will be active yet continuing to exhibit the working error "Add-On Migration in Progress... please wait " with the kodi box still upgrading and active ( i.e. not frozen)
The boxes have been reset to factory defaults then set up in Kodi 16.1 Jarvis and then upgraded via a standard Google Playstore upgrade
The upgrade process will give errors of "Kodi is not responding Do you want ti close it ?" Wait or OK which closes yet if left the add -on migration process seems to continue
Perhaps a file of Kodi 17 Krypton should be used instead ?
Any tips ?
Some of my tests will upgrade others are stuck at the add-on migration in progress stream
Thank you Big Grin

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - DarrenHill - 2017-02-05

Thread moved to Android

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - JeanieHap - 2017-02-06

Problem solved via manual update from Kodi 16.1 to 17 Krypton via an APK
The previous inconsistent results on upgrades were upgrading via Google Play Store updates of Kodi
Note that the only version available at the Google Play Store is to Krypton - Jarvis does not seem to available via this route

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - Luke7777 - 2017-02-06

(2017-02-06, 03:29)JeanieHap Wrote: Problem solved via manual update from Kodi 16.1 to 17 Krypton via an APK
The previous inconsistent results on upgrades were upgrading via Google Play Store updates of Kodi
Note that the only version available at the Google Play Store is to Krypton - Jarvis does not seem to available via this route
Have tried that,, still getting the add-on migration message

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - JeanieHap - 2017-02-06

Luke,

I will try it again - on another machine brand

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - JeanieHap - 2017-02-08

Inconsistent results
Kodi on a android 5.1 machine would not do the upgrade
Tried fresh on a Kodi 17 install - it seems stalled
On my phone i did an upgrade ( OS 6) from 16.1 to 17 Krypton
Did not process first time
Second time magically it did
I am beginning to wonder if its not conflicts with video add ons that are not ready for Kodi 17 Krypton

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - wrxtasy - 2017-02-08

What you need to do is use the "Nuke it from Orbit - Just to be sure !" option to completely remove the previous Kodi if having major problems.
Everything (Inc Addons) has to be cleared, Clear Data, Clear Caches, Uninstall - the lot !

Android > In Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded Apps > Kodi > ...

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - JeanieHap - 2017-02-08

how does that relate to a fresh install on a 1 gig 5.1 os 65 box ?
Clear everything and anything before install ?

This is the thread title problem...> Upgrade Stalls (during) Add-On Migration...

So get rid of all previous Kodi userdata, addons, clean it all out is the solution...to start fresh.

Only Uninstalling the Kodi App itself is not enough.

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - lepsilak - 2017-02-08

I'm doing an update of Kodi on a Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) from 16.1 to Krypton. It's been stuck at the migration of add-on stage. I uninstalled the previous version, re-booted and am doing a clean install. Still stuck. So when wrxtasy commented earlier that you need "to get rid of all previous Kodi userdata, addons, etc."....how do I do that exactly?

Thanks

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - Martijn - 2017-02-08

Instead of following wipe all suggestions perhaps you should first start giving us a Debug Log or whatever to find out why this happens

One the machine in which I did not uninstall the previous version of Kodi, I simply force quit and now everything is fine. However, on the other machine I cannot provide a log file because the application is stuck. I cannot open it without it immediately getting stuck in add-migration mode.

(2017-02-08, 18:19)lepsilak Wrote: I'm doing an update of Kodi on a Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6) from 16.1 to Krypton. It's been stuck at the migration of add-on stage. I uninstalled the previous version, re-booted and am doing a clean install. Still stuck. So when wrxtasy commented earlier that you need "to get rid of all previous Kodi userdata, addons, etc."....how do I do that exactly?

Thanks
You can simply change the name of the whole Kodi support folder found in the following Location on OSX El Capitan and then restart Kodi "clean" or start by deleting suspect addons individually.

Use OSX Finder > Go > Go to folder

and copy and paste the EXACT following (including the ~) to navigate to the correct location:
Code:
~/Library/Application Support

Backup Addons in .zip format are found in the Kodi/addons/packages folder

wrxtasy,
Are you saying change the name of the "Kodi" folder at that location to something differentHuh??

RE: Kodi 17 Krypton Upgrade Stalls Add-On Migration - Tahman - 2017-04-25

I have tried and failed repeatedly to install Kodi 17.1 on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. The process simply doesn't work. It always stalls and reports "Add-on migration in progress - please wait" and "Kodi (Not responding".