Kodi Community Forum
Help with setting up and running Elan's Precompiled XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: Help with setting up and running Elan's Precompiled XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=30624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- lavaweb - 2008-01-27

Nevermind, Fixed the problem by overwriting the old builds in the XBMC folder, newbie mistake.

- CosyCat - 2008-01-27

Dudeman Wrote:Did you install XBMC-0.0.6 yet? It plays x264 files pretty well.

yes 0.0.6 is the build I run....must be th GMA950 that´s not supported because it crash even on xvid movies.

- lavaweb - 2008-01-27

So for some reason overnight the video playback has now gone fast motion on me, is there a way to reset my files back to default to see if that fixes the problem, is it by re-extracting the 0.0.1 build?

- Dudeman - 2008-01-28

lavaweb Wrote:So for some reason overnight the video playback has now gone fast motion on me, is there a way to reset my files back to default to see if that fixes the problem, is it by re-extracting the 0.0.1 build?

Here is what I found on mine:

If I select Digital output, I get no audio at all from the built-in Output regardless of audio type in the video file (AC3, DTS, MP3, etc). I do however get the sounds that XBMC itself makes (startup sound, clicks and beeps, etc.).

Video files play at their correct speed. I would assume that if I were to connect an external AC3/DTS capable receiver to the Optical SPD/if ourput, then I would get audio. However the Digital audio is NOT processed and sent to the internal speakers in Digital mode.

If I select Analog output, then I can select the built-in output and I do get audio, but only from files encoded with MP3 or MPA or something other than AC3/DTS. When I play AC3 or DTS files, I get no audio, AND the video plays at double the frame rate usually around 60 fps.

Obviously this is a bug that is currently not being looked at very closely, as most of the development being done is intended to use the Mac as a front end to a HDTV theater system. This is probably the reason why you're always in a Window rather than "menu-less" full screen.

There are other bugs like for example you can't use any of the arrow keys and home, end, delete and such) in the virtual keyboard without crashing XBMC. But I'm sure that elan will get to them sooner or later.

Think bout this though, this port is progressing at amazing speed. It's only been a month or so since it was started, and we actually have a working (yes with bugs, but working nevertheless) XBMC running on a Mac.Big Grin

Dudeman

- lavaweb - 2008-01-28

Dudeman Wrote:Here is what I found on mine:
Think bout this though, this port is progressing at amazing speed. It's only been a month or so since it was started, and we actually have a working (yes with bugs, but working nevertheless) XBMC running on a Mac.Big Grin

Dudeman

I saw the quote above on the blog too and I couldn't agree more. It's amazing that I first saw this project quoted on TUAW a couple weeks ago, and already we have build that newbie's like me can test. I can't wait to see where this project goes, I also can't wait to use it as it WILL BE a Front Row killer!

- fiscus - 2008-01-28

I had a a god and getting this working tonight on my Hackintosh (it has a 7900gt which is correct identified by XBMC) but when I try to play a video file of any type it goes to launch the video (and in most cases I will get sound) but I only get a white screen where the video should be playing.

Any ideas?

- lavaweb - 2008-01-28

fiscus Wrote:I had a a god and getting this working tonight on my Hackintosh (it has a 7900gt which is correct identified by XBMC) but when I try to play a video file of any type it goes to launch the video (and in most cases I will get sound) but I only get a white screen where the video should be playing.

Any ideas?

As far as my testing goes, and this is coming from a newbie, it's a resolution issue. The development of multiple resolution choices is still pending, as you can see the choices are there, but the video support isn't yet, the only setting that works for me on my MacPro is the 720p setting.

HTH

- fiscus - 2008-01-28

Ah i should have guessed that - 720p works a treats now.

So with people playing the HD stuff? How are you using full resolutions and still getting the content to play?

- lavaweb - 2008-01-28

fiscus Wrote:Ah i should have guessed that - 720p works a treats now.

So with people playing the HD stuff? How are you using full resolutions and still getting the content to play?

I'm not right now, and to be honest i'm not really using it as my Media Center right now as it still crashes if you try to make to many commands. But as far as the resolution, 720p windowed mode seems to be the only way right now till they figure out / implement a full screen mode. Still like Dudeman said, this project is way ahead of what my expectations were...

No Matter What Cant Set Xbmc_home - rokawa206 - 2008-01-29

I know i have the .profile file set right. well atleast i think i do. the xbmc dir is on my desktop and i did not have the .profile file in my user/rr dir so i created one. tell me if im wrong but all i have to do is open a text edit and put: export XBMC_HOME=/Users/rr/Desktop/XBMC. and just save it as .profile and put it in /Users/rr.

after that i restart and try to open xbmc and it keeps saying that xbmc_home is not set.

i have all the libs installed with macports i just dont understand why it keeps saying its not set.

Please help and thanks in advance

- Dudeman - 2008-01-29

rokawa206 Wrote:I know i have the .profile file set right. well atleast i think i do. the xbmc dir is on my desktop and i did not have the .profile file in my user/rr dir so i created one. tell me if im wrong but all i have to do is open a text edit and put: export XBMC_HOME=/Users/rr/Desktop/XBMC. and just save it as .profile and put it in /Users/rr.

after that i restart and try to open xbmc and it keeps saying that xbmc_home is not set.

i have all the libs installed with macports i just dont understand why it keeps saying its not set.

Please help and thanks in advance

More than likely your .profile file is actually named .profile.txt. You need to rename it to get rid of the .txt extension. Get Info on it, then rename it there. The OS will warn you that .profile files are reserved for the system, but just click on "use .profile" anyway.

One way to tell if it's .txt, is the icon, it will have a TXT in the icon, whereas a .profile file has a completely blank icon.

Dudeman

- rokawa206 - 2008-01-29

Dudeman Wrote:More than likely your .profile file is actually named .profile.txt. You need to rename it to get rid of the .txt extension. Get Info on it, then rename it there. The OS will warn you that .profile files are reserved for the system, but just click on "use .profile" anyway.

One way to tell if it's .txt, is the icon, it will have a TXT in the icon, whereas a .profile file has a completely blank icon.

Dudeman

thanks for the reply. however, that is not the problem. i could tell its a system file cause its greyed out and yes i made sure. ive read all post and im almost 100%sure that its set right and thats whats trippin me out. is there suppose to be any other code in the file?? well i dont think i will get this figured out cause im sure its set correctly the only other thing i can thik of is do i have to set permissions on the any files??

Thanks

- Dudeman - 2008-01-29

rokawa206 Wrote:thanks for the reply. however, that is not the problem. i could tell its a system file cause its greyed out and yes i made sure. ive read all post and im almost 100%sure that its set right and thats whats trippin me out. is there suppose to be any other code in the file?? well i dont think i will get this figured out cause im sure its set correctly the only other thing i can thik of is do i have to set permissions on the any files??

Thanks

The only other thing I can think of is rebooting the Mac. When you create the file, it does not automatically get appended to your environment. You need to restart the Mac.

Once you restarted it, open up a Terminal windows and type env. See if the XBMC_HOME line is listed.

Beyond this, I don't know...

Dudeman

- rokawa206 - 2008-01-29

Dudeman Wrote:The only other thing I can think of is rebooting the Mac. When you create the file, it does not automatically get appended to your environment. You need to restart the Mac.

Once you restarted it, open up a Terminal windows and type env. See if the XBMC_HOME line is listed.

Beyond this, I don't know...

Dudeman

well when i type in env i dont see xbmc. also im not sure when this happend but everytime i open terminal i get this at the top:

-bash: {rtf1ansiansicpg1252cocoartf949: command not found
-bash: /Users/rr/.profile: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
-bash: /Users/rr/.profile: line 2: `{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}'

so now im thinking this has something to do with it

Thanks again dudeman

Strange error after trying to run - robbiesullivan - 2008-01-30

Hello all, first off I have to say I'm a long time fan of XBMC and used it on my xbox for years. THe fact that its coming to the mac made my day this morning.

I installed everything as per the instructions in this forum thread. I receive the following error:

dyld: Symbol not found: _clock$UNIX2003
Referenced from: /Applications/XBMC/XBMC
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I've got the path set in my .profile file that I created and verified that I had everything installed with port install.

Any ideas,
THanks
Rob