Kodi Community Forum
Export library does nothing - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: Export library does nothing (/showthread.php?tid=307224)

Pages: 1 2

Export library does nothing - graham-h - 2017-02-16

If export my music library either to one file or many, nothing seems to be written.

What should happen?

RE: Export library does nothing - DaveBlake - 2017-02-16

It is silly, but yes.

The export feature currently only exports previously scraped data, not that derrived fom tags. For example for artists it exports bio, dates and art work locations - the stuff that you can fetch from NFO or online sources. If the artist or album has not been succesfully scraped then it exports nothing. This means that you can't even use it to create blank NFO files for all your artists and album to edit.

But what did you really want to do?

RE: Export library does nothing - graham-h - 2017-02-16

(2017-02-16, 08:38)DaveBlake Wrote: But what did you really want to do?

I was hoping to get some sample .nfo files to see if it could be a workaround to the lack of role entries for my multi-track FLACs. Is it possible to specify Composer, Conductor, etc in a .nfo?

RE: Export library does nothing - DaveBlake - 2017-02-17

It would be nice if it made sample empty NFO files wouldn't it.

But NFO not going to help you with composer etc. Roles are not a property of an artist, but a relationship between artist and song e.g.
Artist A is the conductor of song X,
Artist B is the orchestra playing on song X,
Artist A is the composer of song Y,
Artist A is the "artist" of song Z

An artist can contribute many roles for a song.

RE: Export library does nothing - Uatschitchun - 2017-02-23

The export only exports the .nfo files with links to artwork or does it also export the downloaded artwork itself?

RE: Export library does nothing - DaveBlake - 2017-02-23

Links only, not artwork.

RE: Export library does nothing - graham-h - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 20:14)DaveBlake Wrote: Links only, not artwork.
Huh unless you pick Export thumbnails and fanart from the dialogue?

RE: Export library does nothing - Mike_Doc - 2017-02-24

I don't know if Dave has worked in Music export but personal I do not use it and stay far away from it. This is due to it completely failing / corrupting nfos and then the kodi db mainly with Various Artists. I've found after doing an export and then looking at the files built the with Various Artsits, it just fails to build a correct nfo, it seems to sometimes add in info for the 1st artist on the album or sometime just do something else.

then you you scrape again, it pulls all this into the db and just makes a mess of the db, false artists etc. etc.

If it has been changed, then I might try it on my Dev computer so I don't destroy my main HTPC install.

RE: Export library does nothing - DaveBlake - 2017-02-24

No I haven't yet Mike, but it is on my list.

RE: Export library does nothing - graham-h - 2017-02-24

(2017-02-24, 13:37)DaveBlake Wrote: No I haven't yet Mike, but it is on my list.

Presumably, nfo files should work so that you can Export, delete the database file then re-scan the Library and end up with the same library (albeit with different file paths if you moved your music or Kodi installation). But all this saves you is a scraping exercise, so wht's the point of them (for music)?

RE: Export library does nothing - DaveBlake - 2017-02-24

(2017-02-24, 15:15)graham-h Wrote: Presumably, nfo files should work so that you can Export, delete the database file then re-scan the Library and end up with the same library (albeit with different file paths if you moved your music or Kodi installation). But all this saves you is a scraping exercise, so wht's the point of them (for music)?
Export to a single file can be used in the way you suggest. Saving scraping is useful if you have a poor internet connection. Also scarping is server dependant, and more often than we would like they return timeout errors rather than data becuse there is too much traffic. Read all the threads with people saying art work has n't appeared, mostly that is due to servers being overloaded. Testing last night it took many repeat attempts to get 500 albums populated with additional info, at 30 albums a time or less, and weekend traffic is known to be worse.

But export to individual NFO files can mess up in the ways that Mike describes. All down to how Kodi tries to locate a unique common folder to put the NFO file in, and can get it wrong (only very simple collections have the artist to folder relationship it assumes).

RE: Export library does nothing - scott967 - 2017-02-24

Single file export works great, as long as you can use SQLite tools to set "last scraped". It's a vital tool for me. Also multi-file export of album.nfo works for me quite well due to my folder layout. All my Kodis use local SQLite db, and using nfo and local art effectively syncs them. The only drawback I have is that local art scan for artists only works in "auto" for the first album artist of an album.

scott s.

RE: Export library does nothing - whitebelly - 2017-02-26

I've found the single file export of great help when doing re-installs or setting up new clients because I have a fair amount of local artist artwork assigned, but don't use the artist/album directory structure. The export allows me to retain those links that I had to set up manually (since I can't use artist nfos), a huge time saver if redoing manually. I haven't done it in a while, but discovered that I had some file path errors that would carry over as well. A long story but its worth doing some spot checking of the file before you import.

I am about to do this again soon when I update KODI, which is a few versions old. Hopefully all will go well.

RE: Export library does nothing - Uatschitchun - 2017-02-27

Tried a single file export and found, there's a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg wrongly written in the /mp3/<genre>/ folder written, if you have that structure

RE: Export library does nothing - DaveBlake - 2017-02-27

(2017-02-27, 19:02)Rusendusen Wrote: Tried a single file export and found, there's a folder.jpg and fanart.jpg wrongly written in the /mp3/<genre>/ folder written, if you have that structure
Can you tell from the image where they came from?