Kodi Community Forum
Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view (/showthread.php?tid=312221)

Pages: 1 2

Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - Tyrindor2 - 2017-04-13

http://mediaplayersite.com/system/files/1-Admin/3853755804_c2b9b2a241_o.jpg

All I want is something like that. A nice full wall of posters for my TV shows/Movies with descriptions when I open them. I added the sources from my computer, and all I get is a list view. I've searched and searched and almost everything is for older versions of Kodi, or wants me to install 50 addons. Kodi is not scraping TVDB/TMDB at all.

What am I missing here?

RE: I can't figure this program out at all - Tinwarble - 2017-04-13

Did you try changing the View type?

If you don't find what you want that way, then just install a different skin.

RE: I can't figure this program out at all - Atreyu - 2017-04-13

In older videoplayers this was called 'videowall' view.
Haven't used such a view in a long time, but i'm fairly certain there's a skin that fits your taste.

I suggest you change your topic title so you have a better chance of catching the attention of skin knowledgable members.
In the meantime you can try and find one with a videowall look.

I will be exploring some skins if i ever get to it.
Will notify you if i come across anything that might be of interest to you.

RE: I can't figure this program out at all - Tyrindor2 - 2017-04-13

(2017-04-13, 20:30)Tinwarble Wrote: Did you try changing the View type?

If you don't find what you want that way, then just install a different skin.

It doesn't seem to be caching from tvdb/tmdb at all. There's no art. There's also no wall options that's comes close to the image linked above. I'm not really sure how to install skins, I figured it'd would support this by default.

RE: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - Tinwarble - 2017-04-13

Did you add your media to the library? There will not be any artwork until you add your source and allow it to scrape the data.

If you did, then you need to provide a Debug log (wiki).

Installing skins are as easy as going to Settings > Interface settings > Skin, then select Skin > Get more.

FYI, this is WALL in Estuary:

RE: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - Tyrindor2 - 2017-04-13

(2017-04-13, 21:59)Tinwarble Wrote: Did you add your media to the library? There will not be any artwork until you add your source and allow it to scrape the data.

If you did, then you need to provide a Debug log (wiki).

Installing skins are as easy as going to Settings > Interface settings > Skin, then select Skin > Get more.

I'm not sure what was happening, I used a map network drive instead of using a direct local IP and then it started getting art. Strange. Seems to be working now. Thanks.

I still don't understand how I can easily get to the "wall" view though. I have to go into settings, go to my media directory, then click on TV Shows. If I select TV Shows on the main page, it just goes to an empty directory.

No, select MOVIES or TV SHOWS, then use the direction keys on your remote/keyboard, press Left. That will pull up the View Options, then select Viewtype and change the view to what you want.

I can't seem to install skins, trying to install Eminence and it just crashes Kodi. According to one site it requires script.skinshortcuts and script.skin.helper.service. But then kodi crashes during installing skin helper service...

(2017-04-13, 23:16)Tinwarble Wrote: No, select MOVIES or TV SHOWS, then use the direction keys on your remote/keyboard, press Left. That will pull up the View Options, then select Viewtype and change the view to what you want.

Nothing, it is all blank in every view. It seems to be pointing to another directory I added (and removed) and I have no idea how to fix it. Even tried uninstall the program, checking delete profile, and my settings were still there... So frustrating.

Found out how to completely reset Kodi, pointed it to my tv shows again, it scanned, and "tv shows" under the main menu is still completely blank and only shows empty categories. Trying to install a skin results in a crash. Only way to see default wall view is to go into media settings, click TV, and view it in there.

This is honestly the most frustrating piece of software I have ever used, I've never struggled with the basics of a program but I can't grasp this programs navigation and interface at all. If I go into media settings > videos > tv shows it shows 21 things. Under TV shows on the main menu, it shows nothing. Yes, I checked TV shows and it scraped posters from TVDB.

RE: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - blossom24 - 2017-04-13

Quote:It seems to be pointing to another directory I added (and removed) and I have no idea how to fix it
Try running a "Clean Library" from the settings menu. Go to Settings>Media>Library. In there you will see it is broken up into Videos and Music. Each of those has a "Clean Library" option. Just select and run it.

Quote:Even tried uninstall the program

Yes, so many people think just uninstalling the program deletes everything. It doesn't. You also need to delete the user data held in a separate directory. Usually in your "Roaming" directory.

(2017-04-13, 23:46)blossom24 Wrote:
Quote:It seems to be pointing to another directory I added (and removed) and I have no idea how to fix it
Try running a "Clean Library" from the settings menu. Go to Settings>Media>Library. In there you will see it is broken up into Videos and Music. Each of those has a "Clean Library" option. Just select and run it.

Quote:Even tried uninstall the program

Yes, so many people think just uninstalling the program deletes everything. It doesn't. You also need to delete the user data held in a separate directory. Usually in your "Roaming" directory.

The uninstaller tells you is going to delete the appdata if you put a checkbox in, which I did, but it doesn't. I deleted it manually and reinstalled.

Same issue, edited above for more info.

RE: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - scott967 - 2017-04-13

If you can't install a skin (either direct from Kodi repository or 3rd party repo or zip fife) it's probably debug log (wiki) time, and probably best to post in the the appropriate skin support thread (that will get you meaningful help quicker).

There are many skins with "wall" views. I'm mostly familiar with Aeon MQ skin series, offers something like this:

scott s.

RE: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - Tyrindor2 - 2017-04-14

Yeah followed your link and got lost on the first step...

"Download the Debug log uploader add-on:
Inside of Kodi go into Programs → Get more... → Kodi Logfile Uploader and click on "Install""

If only there was a "Programs" button.... I'm so frustrated right now, taking a break.

RE: Can't figure out how to get a "full wall" view - Tinwarble - 2017-04-14

It's called "ADD-ONS" in Estuary.

On the Main page, go to "Add-ons", at the top go to "Install from repository", select "Kodi Add-on repository", select "Program add-ons", then select "Kodi Logfile Uploader" and install.

Once installed, go back to the main page, open the Kodi settings (gear icon at the top), go to "System Settings" then "Logging" and "Enable debug logging".

Close Kodi, then relaunch it. Then try to do what it is you're trying to do, then after, go back to the main page, scroll to "Add-ons", select "Kodi Logfile Uploader" then type in the url it gives you in this thread.