Kodi Community Forum
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) (/showthread.php?tid=313197)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-10-21

(2017-10-21, 23:23)TeDeV Wrote: hey DaLanik!

i hope you are doing well my friend. i haven't got a lot of time to play as much as i would like with the lights.

1) at the moment i have a problem with my configuration. i used to have 3 bulbs configured. then after an update (don't know which one) your plugin thinks that there are 4 bulbs even though 3 are chosen which results into crashing all the time. i can use 1-2 or 4 bulbs configuration but if i use 3...... then it crashes. i guess it is something with the configuration file. i even tried to remove the plugin and install it again but it keeps the settings. is there a chance you can include a "clean configuration" option in the mod?

2) any plans of trying to improve the algorithm of guessing the color? for example in this video....
https://youtu.be/KsznVtHFWnc?t=177
you can see that the left bulb is purple when it should be red and same goes for the lightstrip at the bottom

i hope that yeelight finally decides to release the v2 of the bulbs. it is really annoying how low the luminance is on these bulbs for ambilight.

1) Try deleting your settings and setup again
2) No, no plans

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-10-22

v3.63 - TEST REPO

another try to fix settings after discovery.

Worth trying for problem Dibbele and gparaskevas have:

Code:
File "C:\Users\TV\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.yeemee\service.py", line 206, in GetSettings
                                              if bulbs[c].play_color[0] != "#":
                                          IndexError: string index out of range)

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-10-22

(2017-10-20, 15:02)5ulo Wrote: I have a strange problem with YeeMee 3.5. The same was with 3.4 (updated today). YeeMee test is working, playback too. The YeeLight White fails only on starting playback. Hitting pause, resume from pause and stop works as expected.
Here's the log:
The second problem is that Kodi freezes by enabling / sometimes by disabling YeeMee addon - the loading circle is still spinning.
Code:
14:57:13.199 T:139804742252288   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                           Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                           Error Contents: attribute of type 'NoneType' is not callable
                                           Traceback (most recent call last):
                                             File "/home/e/.kodi/addons/service.yeemee/service.py", line 1666, in <module>
                                               Sunrise, Sunset, civilTW, nauticTW = byLoc()
                                             File "/home/e/.kodi/addons/service.yeemee/service.py", line 382, in byLoc
                                               datetime_sunrise = datetime.strptime(sunrise, '%I:%M:%S %p')
                                           TypeError: attribute of type 'NoneType' is not callable
                                           -->End of Python script error report<--

This is a known problem with strptime function, I thought I solved it and the fix works for me on 16.1 I don't know why it doesn't on 17.x... here is description of bug: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=112916

I'll try fixing.

v3.64 - TEST REPO

try to fix strptime bug...

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Dibbele - 2017-10-22

Hello Dalibor,

I found the issue. Seems i missed to delete the schedule settings of the Bulb, I had activated before. (Sunrise function) Now everything is working as it should. Again a very cool Addon. I wished this would work without Kodi as well. Big Grin

Can´t wait that the Yeelight strips will arrive.

Regards [quote="DaLanik" pid='2657791' dateline='1508620585']

Quote:Can you please turn on the debug logging in settings and repost, this is too little to tell me what is going on Wink I have no idea what Amazon VOD or Kika+ is... Smile

Where do I find the log? Amazon VOD and KiKA+ are just addons to play from my Amazon account and for my child to watch as well. Smile

(2017-10-22, 15:53)Dibbele Wrote: Hello Dalibor,

I found the issue. Seems i missed to delete the schedule settings of the Bulb, I had activated before. (Sunrise function) Now everything is working as it should. Again a very cool Addon. I wished this would work without Kodi as well. Big Grin

Can´t wait that the Yeelight strips will arrive.

Regards

Where do I find the log? Amazon VOD and KiKA+ are just addons to play from my Amazon account and for my child to watch as well. Smile
http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_Log
Don't forget to upgrade to latest version in the test repo it might fix some problems Smile

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Dibbele - 2017-10-22

Dalibor,

do you see a/n chance/option that you might can get this working on Windows without Kodi? I mean this Addon is amazing and I would love to use it to watch from my Amazon Prime Video Account based on Web browser. This is somehow not supported on Kodi, because the addon opens the IE on PC to stream the videos. And with this the ambi-function is not working. Sad

Better never touch a running system. Since I tried latest version from test repository it is not working again. *grmls*

Ok re-install of app removal of test-repo and new setup of the bulb. Now it is working again. I don´t know if it is on Kodi but I better leave it like this for now. Big Grin

(2017-10-22, 21:01)Dibbele Wrote: Dalibor,

do you see a/n chance/option that you might can get this working on Windows without Kodi? I mean this Addon is amazing and I would love to use it to watch from my Amazon Prime Video Account based on Web browser. This is somehow not supported on Kodi, because the addon opens the IE on PC to stream the videos. And with this the ambi-function is not working. Sad

Nope, unfortunately the main function that grabs the screen is built into Kodi, I don't know how i'd do that by myself... Smile

Could it be that that Kodi or Yeelight does not like VPN clients? I figured out that Yeelight is working fine when CyberGhost is not running. Once CyberGhost is running Kodi is not stopping correct and also the Yeelight addon is not working. Sad Is there any dependency?

(2017-10-22, 22:48)Dibbele Wrote: Could it be that that Kodi or Yeelight does not like VPN clients? I figured out that Yeelight is working fine when CyberGhost is not running. Once CyberGhost is running Kodi is not stopping correct and also the Yeelight addon is not working. Sad Is there any dependency?

I would think yes, because YeeMee is sending commands to the local LAN adresses, and if you're in VPN the adresses are different...

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Dibbele - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-22, 23:34)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 22:48)Dibbele Wrote: Could it be that that Kodi or Yeelight does not like VPN clients? I figured out that Yeelight is working fine when CyberGhost is not running. Once CyberGhost is running Kodi is not stopping correct and also the Yeelight addon is not working. Sad Is there any dependency?

I would think yes, because YeeMee is sending commands to the local LAN adresses, and if you're in VPN the adresses are different...

But the local LAN addresses are not changing, only the one I am appearing in the WWW. And the strange part is that the ambilight is not working but the standard action like Change color on start / pause / stop still working. Is there no way for you to get the information from the Kodi-Devs how they grap the screen to be able to reproduce in an on application?

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 10:19)Dibbele Wrote:
(2017-10-22, 23:34)DaLanik Wrote:

But the local LAN addresses are not changing, only the one I am appearing in the WWW. And the strange part is that the ambilight is not working but the standard action like Change color on start / pause / stop still working. Is there no way for you to get the information from the Kodi-Devs how they grap the screen to be able to reproduce in an on application?

Ambi and normal control service work differently. Normal control sends commands through LAN directly to the bulb IP adress. Ambi service creates server that is sending data to the bulb and tells the bulb the IP adress of the server. Then the bulb "listens" to the commands from server (Kodi, that is, YeeMee addon).

I don't think implementing that would be easy, it would have to be on the OS level, since it would need to grab the screens outside of Kodi. So that is a no.

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - Dibbele - 2017-10-23

But what is the difference to not using VPN? I mean I get an IP from my ISP 85.xxx.yyy.zzz and Kodi is working fine. When I use VPN I get an IP from 3rd party 88.xxx.yyy.zzz that should not have any effect if this is available before Kodi starts. So Kodi would only know the IP from 3rd party - or am I wrong? This created server where is it located internal or somewhere in the cloud?

RE: YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi) - User 325245 - 2017-10-23

(2017-10-23, 10:52)Dibbele Wrote: But what is the difference to not using VPN? I mean I get an IP from my ISP 85.xxx.yyy.zzz and Kodi is working fine. When I use VPN I get an IP from 3rd party 88.xxx.yyy.zzz that should not have any effect if this is available before Kodi starts. So Kodi would only know the IP from 3rd party - or am I wrong? This created server where is it located internal or somewhere in the cloud?

The created server is ofcourse local. Maybe that is the problem, if your PC/Android box gets VPN adress that is not in the same subnet, then it can't communicate with the bulbs.

Try starting the VPN and look in Kodi under settings what is the local IP in Kodi.