Kodi Community Forum
XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out (/showthread.php?tid=32853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- blubyu - 2008-05-12

BLKMGK - Have you tried some vob's on the local XBMC pc? I am here at work and I have 5 or so SD DVD's ripped to my hardrive. XBMC plays them all perfectly. I know that my pc at home that has all of its movies on network storage has the same problem you have.

- BLKMGK - 2008-05-12

blubyu Wrote:BLKMGK - Have you tried some vob's on the local XBMC pc? I am here at work and I have 5 or so SD DVD's ripped to my hardrive. XBMC plays them all perfectly. I know that my pc at home that has all of its movies on network storage has the same problem you have.

No, honestly I've not tried that - I may as a test. However for day to day it won't be practical - simply too many DVDs ripped tis way to fit on any drive I could put in my HTPC. It used to come pretty close to playing with the preview showing but now that seems broken, not sure when it broke further. Apparently none of the devs rip DVD this way so they aren't seeing it. <shrug> I figure it'll get fixed eventually, meanwhile my old XBOX works just fine!Cool

- blubyu - 2008-05-13

I was just thinking that if you tried it local and it worked then we would have it narrowed down to playing them over the network. Then it wouldn't be that the vobs don't play, they just don't play over the network.

I know what you mean about not having them local. I am running my xbmc on a 4 gig flash stick. Not a lot of room to put my movies Smile

- topfs2 - 2008-05-13

Sounds really weird. Could you try hardy desktop and see if the problem is there aswell?

- blubyu - 2008-05-13

Both of my XBMC pc's are running Hardy. The one here at work is the full Gnome desktop install of Hardy. My install at home is a simple command line install of Hardy with only X.

- harryzimm - 2008-05-14

hi
Been testing this for a while now and its working really well. using a nvidia 8400gs @ 1080p using my own xorg.conf. I was wondering if was possible to create a larger ext3fs.img file. My database uses 99% of the available space so an upgrade would be great. I was thinking about using my 20gb laptop hd i have lying around. Any ideas? thanks

- lcapriotti - 2008-05-14

On Linux:

dd if=/dev/zero of=ext3fs.img bs=1M count=400
mkfs.ext3 ext3fs.img -F

Granted, you will lose everything it's on the ext3fs.img you are using now.

Luigi

- harryzimm - 2008-05-14

Thanks l.capriotti. Worked perfect.

Performance of Intel GPU - dusty_nz - 2008-05-15

I am running LiveXBMC on a Dell SX260 which runs the Intel 82845G/GL video chipset.

Is there anyway to improve the performance of video playback. Fine with 640x480 however struggles with 720p videos. and drops frames.

- dizzey - 2008-05-15

Uppgrading the gpu should give it a bit more, but i dont think that your motherboard supports agp.
The cpu could do a bit more but i dont really se the point of uppgrading the cpu with that gpu.
I had a hp p4 2.8 with the same intel gpu and noticed that there was no pint to continue with that hardware. hell for twice the mony of a used gpu i got a amd x2 4600+ 1gbddr2 and a motherboard with integrated nvidia.

there are no render path on xbmc that can use slower gpus there was some talk in the begining about a xv renderer but i think that that has been dropped. there was some patch to make xbmc start mplayer as a external player that would give you smother playback but bad intergartion.

- Razor_109 - 2008-05-25

i'm trying to get the MCE-Remote working under LIRC but i thought i got it working.. (irw reported the incomming codes) but after reboot, the whole USB-Image is not being loaded anymore.

I have no idea why.. must have done something wrong.. Is it possible to include the MCE_USB config in the next release?

PS. How to start XBMC once you've switched to terminal-mode? I still haven't found out Smile

- Razor_109 - 2008-05-25

got it working after all..

but i ran into another problem..

When everything worked, i switched the DVI-Cables to enable the LCD-TV instead of my monitor.

Well i think this really fucked it up because now i think X-Server has problems starting and XBMC is not being started. The last thing i see it Nvidia BETA Drivers, and then just a Cursor.
I even tried switching back the cables to the monitor, it just keeps doing this.

Also the CTRL + ALT + F key's are not working, and i can get into console. Only CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE will 'restart X' i think.. but with the same result afterwards.

I still have acces via SSH.. dont know what to do exactly.. think it has something to do with my xorg.conf?

my xorg: http://pastebin.ca/1028770

Best and easiest so far - indianolajohn - 2008-06-04

I've tried or 7 different systems

and this works amazing and has the feel of the old xbox
the unbuntu backend is invisible
tried HD movies that crashed on old xbox and they played great

Used DVI to Hdmi Adapter and displayed beautifully

a 3000 amd64 with a geforce 6200 played hd mkv's and wmv's

i hope to see a amd restricted driver img and new nvidia img soon

(nforce 6150 fix in latest driver) great job this is the direction that gives this the feel of a true media center portal also i just got in the new geforce 8200 board will test tonight

- Flow - 2008-06-05

Ok well I got the latest from the sourceforge dated 20080507 and I had the issue also with spaces in folders name (was in docs&settings) moved it to C: along with the img file but now I get to extracting files and they all saying "error writing file"

I using an 8gb Kingston DataTraveler connected through an USB hub (all 2.0)

Never had any issues with my hardware so was thinking maybe someone has an idea of my problem here?

Thanks!

- Flow - 2008-06-05

Well I might have just answered my own question, it does not seem to work on an 8gb USB stick!