Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] YouTube3 - YouTube Script (/showthread.php?tid=33585)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- Wingie - 2009-12-28

Hi,

When I try to play one of the youtube movies I don't get any sound. Does anyone know which format the mp3's are (stereo/5.1 or ??)

I'm running on a asrock ion 330 HT with xbmc live installed on the HD. Alsa updated to 1.10.22 and channels are all unmuted. Using hdmi to my receiver for all sound. 5.1 sound from movies works perfectly and also other scripts like Xot-uzg give sound.

- BSSLoK - 2010-01-06

I found that the blank page thing is caused by XBMC trying to mark the video as "watched". This is why if you stop a video halfway, you get returned to where you were, but if you watch a video to completion it just blanks out the list.

I couldn't figure out a way to fix it in the script, so I ended up creating an advancedsettings.xml with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <video>
                <playcountminimumpercent>0</playcountminimumpercent>
        </video>
</advancedsettings>

Seems to work.

Also while I was fooling around in the script trying to work this out I took the liberty of making some other changes which I wanted. Dunno if anyone else is interested...
- Added a new setting to select a default sort order.
- Added a new item under "users" to select a user from a persistent history (rather than just having the one default user).
- Pad a 0 in the video duration text when the seconds is less than 10.

- sonic - 2010-01-06

BSSLoK Wrote:I found that the blank page thing is caused by XBMC trying to mark the video as "watched". This is why if you stop a video halfway, you get returned to where you were, but if you watch a video to completion it just blanks out the list.

I couldn't figure out a way to fix it in the script, so I ended up creating an advancedsettings.xml with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <video>
                <playcountminimumpercent>0</playcountminimumpercent>
        </video>
</advancedsettings>

Seems to work.

Also while I was fooling around in the script trying to work this out I took the liberty of making some other changes which I wanted. Dunno if anyone else is interested...
- Added a new setting to select a default sort order.
- Added a new item under "users" to select a user from a persistent history (rather than just having the one default user).
- Pad a 0 in the video duration text when the seconds is less than 10.

Nice, thanx for the tip i will try that setting in "advancedsettings.xml"..
Your changes to the script sounds also interesting Wink

/Sonic

- BSSLoK - 2010-01-07

OK try it if you like. Two files were edited which can be replaced:
/default.py
/resources/skins/DefaultSkin/PAL/youtube.xml

Disclaimer: I'm not a programmer by trade. I had never even seen Python code before I started looking at this a few days ago. I'm just good at copy and paste.

Basically I wanted this stuff because of the way I personally watch stuff on YouTube, at least from my TV. I have my regular shows that I watch from particular users, and need it ordered to see what is new. Got tired of trying to type usernames with my remote then constantly changing the sort order.

- ava.siabonne - 2010-01-12

hi i was wondering if someone could send me an installation or readme txt on how to install this on windows vista 64 with google app engine, as i'm fairly new to python but would love to try this out

- brigcam - 2010-01-14

ApoXX Wrote:Thanks for the script - it works great on my XBOX. I wanted to be able to view my subscriptions easily, so I added the appropriate feed and menu item. The following changes were required:

It works great! and that's something i was really looking for - thank you! the only thing you forgot was to change line 643 from <ondown>203</ondown> to <ondown>93</ondown> (otherwise if u go down with a remote or with the keyboard the cursor skips the subscriptions button).

Thank you and thanks to the author of the script, hope this feature will be available on the official version soon too!

- VelvetKevorkian - 2010-01-29

hi,

two requests (if the script is still being developed):
when i watch a video e.g. from the "user search" and the video ends, the search results are gone, i have to select "previous" and then "next" for them to reappear. this is quite annoying, especially since i watch "the late late show with craig ferguson" via youtube and the show is in 5 parts, so i always have to hit those two buttons after each video and then search the next vid...

the quality setting right now doesn't seem to do very much, whether i choose "yes" or "no", the quality is inferior to other youtube plugins, so.. more quality options would be nice :>

Stream stops after few minutes - sprazzi - 2010-03-25

I've alway this annoying problem: when i tream a long (30 mins or so) video it stops before the end...
here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/8JfnXVYC

A BIG thank you for help...

- Bulkzooi - 2010-03-26

Login possibilities and revealing user accounts (favorites, uploads, etc) would be a great feature to add. Just like the Youtube addon can do.

- VelvetKevorkian - 2010-03-26

some answers from this thead are gone due to the ligtning problem a few days back, but i remember that someone suggested tempering with the cache-settings to improve the videoquality of the script. i tried it, didn't work.
has anyone had some luck with that?

- Ironkekko - 2010-03-27

Hi,
is it possible to change the homepage language??
I would like to see the italian "most discussed", "most viewed", "most linked" etc...
If possible what string i must modify??
thanks...

- altmania - 2010-03-29

the script works fine to me. But i noted a issue in a few videos which play faster as the normal and it causes sound delay.
any solution for this?

- isiddiqi - 2010-03-31

Is everyone able to load their own or public Playlists and be able to play it? This used to work perfectly but recently stopped working. It shows you the Playlist names but then does not load the Playlist... Favorites also don't work anymore, but used to work perfectly...

- Huar - 2010-04-05

same here. but it aint working for months now Sad

- iorifly - 2010-04-07

I'm having problems with this plugin it loads all the thumbnails but soon after my xbmc hangs, forcing me to restart the program.
I'm using the latest version of svn.