Kodi Community Forum
Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Full DVD-video playback with menus (and DVD-Video related suggestions) (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- smokeman - 2005-05-12

that's today...
haven't heard anything :-)

- total_ass - 2005-05-16

looking forward to the dvd player.

is this going to support pal-60 playback like mplayer does now? no other dvd players for the xbox at the moment support pal-60hz.

- hades_2100 - 2005-05-31

could someone please provide an update?

thank you!

hades

- Anomaly - 2005-06-01

from the changelog:

mon may 30
reverted: aspectratio change in dvdplayer (original solution was much better) + added aspectratio override from dvd ifo files.
fixed: some frames where missed when navigating in dvd menus. (only partial fix, still problems)

mon may 23
23-05-2005 changed: cleaned up video renderers + merged the interface for mplayer + dvdplayer.

mon may 16
fixed: dvdplayer would be very jumpy after a seek (somewhat better now)
fixed: playtime and totaltime were reported wrongly in dvdplayer

...etc...etc

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs....iew=log

- elupus - 2005-06-01

yes, pal60 vill be supported. actually much is working in the player, there are just a couple of major bugs we'd like to crush. quite a few menus doesn't display properly for example.

good things come to those who wait Smile

- total_ass - 2005-06-01

can't wait Smile

as there are no other ways of playing region 1 dvds properly on a region 2 xbox without constantly changing between pal and ntsc.

pal-60 and xbmc rule Smile

- DayWalker - 2005-06-01

great to hear the development is moving along nicely.
1 question though: are there still problems with the new dvdplayer working on samsung drives?

greetzzzz

- elupus - 2005-06-02

aaactually.. there seem to be a problem on all drives for the moment.. think i f-d that up a while back. only works after having played it once using mplayer.. however if mplayer works on samsung drives, it's likely the new dvdplayer will

- BritneysPAIRS - 2005-06-02

i take there is no eta eg like next few weeks, next few months, quite a while away....

i know just thought id ask Blush

- hades_2100 - 2005-06-02

thank you anomaly... that much i knew. Smile it doesn't really mean anything since as elupus said, he created a few problems which don't seem to show up in the changelogs... Smile i was asking more along the lines of whether positive progress is being made and when an initial/alpha release is expected. thanx,

hades

- Anomaly - 2005-06-03

@hades_2100: no worries. i have no idea. the reason i put up the changelog is that it was proposed (by me) that at a minimum, someone would copy the changelog here for those that don't know where to look or how to read it. anyway, since no-one posts updates i took it upon myself to do it. that way the questions about eta are kept to a minimum.
the problems elupus mentioned above won't appear inthe changelog until they are fixed. it's not a bug list.

a warning to others asking about the "release" date: certain moderators here get _very_ antsy about people that ask. save yourself the pain of reading posts directing you to "write the damn dvd player yourself" etc etc etc etc Rolleyes and just be happy to look at the changelog occasionally.

it will happen eventually. (insert required appeasment to the dev-gods)

- Kjetil N - 2005-06-09

i wanted to test the new dvdplayer so i did some searching in the cvs and figured out how to activate it.
i know it's not suposed to work propperly yet, so i did this only for fun.

i removed some // in a file and entered "_censored by pike_"
in the xboxmediacenter.xml file under external dvd player.
is this all needed? ore am i missing something.

- pike - 2005-06-10

kjetil, notice that censorship? try and get around it and i will ban you, be aware

- Anomaly - 2005-06-10

just another update from the changelog...

sun jun 5
fixed: dvdplayer would fail to play from scrambled disc untill mplayer had once played it

sun jun 5
fixed: minor crash fix when switching between gui and fullscreen

thu jun 2
fixed: dvdplayer would crash if ttfsubtitle fonts where selected
changed/fixed: moved videobuffer handling from inside libmpeg2 to xbmc, fixes some menu's where highlight didn't work.

- smokeman - 2005-06-10

(pike @ june 09 2005,23:13 Wrote:kjetil, notice that censorship? try and get around it and i will ban you, be aware
is censorship really needed?
we know it is not officially released yet, so he was just experimenting.