Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - stammie - 2018-06-18

Is the version of inputstream.adaptive that comes with Kodi 17.6 compatible with these test streams?
I ask because I tried last night with Dash enabled and none of the 5 options worked.
Also none of the normal live channels worked so it may be my inputstream settings, if these are compatible with 17.6 would someone be so kind as to tell me what settings I should have inputstream.adaptive set to please?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Electronic Punk - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 16:11)stammie Wrote: Is the version of inputstream.adaptive that comes with Kodi 17.6 compatible with these test streams?
I ask because I tried last night with Dash enabled and none of the 5 options worked.
Also none of the normal live channels worked so it may be my inputstream settings, if these are compatible with 17.6 would someone be so kind as to tell me what settings I should have inputstream.adaptive set to please?
 Stream 5 appears to be up all the time.
I was having no luck either but did switch to 18 alpha to check, thats when it actually started to play.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - peak3d - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 16:11)stammie Wrote: Is the version of inputstream.adaptive that comes with Kodi 17.6 compatible with these test streams?
 Sorry, there have too much changed in K18 for inputstream.adaptiive (interface API / DRM) so K17 support was totally stopped.
IMO K18 is safe enough now to use instead K17 versions.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - stammie - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 16:45)peak3d Wrote:
 Sorry, there have too much changed in K18 for inputstream.adaptiive (interface API / DRM) so K17 support was totally stopped.
IMO K18 is safe enough now to use instead K17 versions. 
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll stop trying this test,
I had been trying on my Vero 4K which is my only Kodi device that switches HDR on and off on the fly and think I'll wait until they release a full 18 version rather than installing a test build on my perfectly working box.
As I said in a previous post my TV's Iplayer app works with this trial and I must say apart from the odd glitch (which is to be expected during a trial) these streams have really spoilt me, I'm finding it hard to switch back the the BBC's normal Freeview HD channel as the picture quality difference is really quite noticeable.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Jbev01 - 2018-06-18

I have a feed!!!

Running at 2160p 50hz and 33.3Mb/s.

I’m getting the occasional dropped frame but it’s running.

The only thing I did different was to be patient. I went into UHD 1 and it came up with 1080p. Then went into video settings and chose 2160p stream and then it froze. I then pressed stop and WAITED for it to go back to the channel selection. I then selected UHD 1 again and is started up!!!

Can’t do much else until after the match.

Thanks @CaptainT and @peak3d

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - espaun206 - 2018-06-18

(2018-06-18, 19:46)Jbev01 Wrote: I have a feed!!!

The only thing I did different was to be patient. I went into UHD 1 and it came up with 1080p. Then went into video settings and chose 2160p stream and then it froze. I then pressed stop and WAITED for it to go back to the channel selection. I then selected UHD 1 again and is started up!!!

windows 10
as you configured it, I installed k18 alpaha 1, but it pulls me in automatic the transmission only 2540x1440
in kodi video options I do not get 2160p

the pc is connected to a tv 1080, that's why?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - espaun206 - 2018-06-18

I already found the option I follow your steps, but every time I choose option 1 again, I only charge in full hd

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Baohen1510 - 2018-06-19

(2018-06-18, 12:15)peak3d Wrote: For me stream5 is playing well in kodi:

- create a .strm file (for example bbc_uhd.strm)
- Content:
#KODIPROP:inputstreamaddon=inputstream.adaptive
#KODIPROP:inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type=mpd
http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/webcast/dash/uk/full/llnw/uhd_stream_05.mpd
- play this strm file in kodi.

Pls. provide a debug log if it does not work.

@Electronic Punk
 How to create a .strm file ? Can you detailed instructions ? I'm using Nvidia shield TV
Thanks

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Karellen - 2018-06-19

(2018-06-19, 05:03)Baohen1510 Wrote:  How to create a .strm file ?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Internet_video_and_audio_streams

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - peak3d - 2018-06-19

(2018-06-18, 21:55)espaun206 Wrote:

I already found the option I follow your steps, but every time I choose option 1 again, I only charge in full hd 
 You can change the video track in settings while playing the movie.
Press "m" (or OK on remote), navigate to the right most icon, open settings dialog and navigate to Video settings.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - Electronic Punk - 2018-06-20

I am actually seeing 3840x2160 now via the strm file going back to it today:

https://youtu.be/C2ubyU1iXGU

Just bear in mind the recorded vid resolution is 1400x800 as I was capturing it via Vysor, any other easy way to check what res the video thought it was playing at?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - peak3d - 2018-06-20

(2018-06-20, 10:22)Electronic Punk Wrote: I am actually seeing 3840x2160 now via the strm file going back to it today:

https://youtu.be/C2ubyU1iXGU

Just bear in mind the recorded vid resolution is 1400x800 as I was capturing it via Vysor, any other easy way to check what res the video thought it was playing at?
press 'o', or add "CodecInfo" action to one of your remote keys (keymap.xml)

Added the other streams (there appears to be a game on)

By default they are 1920x1080
I go into the video stream and change it to 3840x2160 then wait on the video settings screen, press back twice, let it time out, seems the third time the setting finally sticks.

Lets see how it copes on the next England game as that really stress tests it!

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - docwra - 2018-06-20

Amazing! congrats to all involved in getting this working.