Kodi Community Forum
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on (/showthread.php?tid=353349)

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - thenextman - 2016-08-10

(2016-08-10, 21:54)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 20:09)thenextman Wrote: Does anyone know if there is a method that would allow you preselect the preferred bitrate stream for this BBC Live add on so you could launch the live video right from the sports event list? Right now, you are presented with a list of different streams with varying bitrates (and formats maybe?) to choose from. It still functions, so it's basically a matter of streamlined convenience and speed to facilitate easy quick switching among Olympic live events.

plugin.video.bbc.live 0.0.3
- olympics bitrate Setting

Here you go. A quick hack to only show one stream with the selected bitrate or offer a choice.

The addon is deliberately ugly as it is only meant to be a debugging and testing tool.

If anyone wants to rip the olympics code out and make it pretty, be my guest.

Primaeval, this is awesome, you really rock! A very impressive showing in record time. You basically just perfected the Olympic viewing experience for a Kodi using non-coder like myself, and ill be thanking you at least through the closing ceremonies Wink Much appreciated.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - SuperNano - 2016-08-10

I use the smart the DNS service getflix. I have set up the DNS servers in my router and I can watch bbc iplayer from my PC, but it does not work from the kodi add-on (I get the "you need to be in the UK") message.
Is there something else I need to configure to get the add-on in kodi to use the DNS server?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2016-08-10

(2016-08-10, 23:18)SuperNano Wrote: I use the smart the DNS service getflix. I have set up the DNS servers in my router and I can watch bbc iplayer from my PC, but it does not work from the kodi add-on (I get the "you need to be in the UK") message.
Is there something else I need to configure to get the add-on in kodi to use the DNS server?

We can't help you get around geo-blocks on this forum.
But you can see which dns server kodi is using in the System Info\Network tab.
Make sure it matches your router and try rebooting both devices, flushing dns caches and so on.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - thenextman - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-10, 21:54)primaeval Wrote: plugin.video.bbc.live 0.0.3

Here you go. A quick hack to only show one stream with the selected bitrate or offer a choice.

The addon is deliberately ugly as it is only meant to be a debugging and testing tool.

Primeaval, i hope im not being ingratious by running this one last idea by you for BBC Live. Its awesome as is, but right now after setting the custom bitrate in the settings, when you click on an event it brings you to a list screen showing one item, your preferred quality stream. One more click, and it plays. Easy. Is it possible though, to save that click and negate the extra list screen, and have play it right from the click on the list of live events?

Its a nicety, not a necessity, so feel free to disregard the suggestion. Your new addon is already being watched and appreciated as it is right now by over 12 people I know in two places so thanks regardless!

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - SuperNano - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-10, 23:24)primaeval Wrote: We can't help you get around geo-blocks on this forum.
But you can see which dns server kodi is using in the System Info\Network tab.
Make sure it matches your router and try rebooting both devices, flushing dns caches and so on.

Thanks for not helping and pointing in the right direction! All is good in our globalized world now

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-11, 01:11)thenextman Wrote:

Primeaval, i hope im not being ingratious by running this one last idea by you for BBC Live. Its awesome as is, but right now after setting the custom bitrate in the settings, when you click on an event it brings you to a list screen showing one item, your preferred quality stream. One more click, and it plays. Easy. Is it possible though, to save that click and negate the extra list screen, and have play it right from the click on the list of live events?

Its a nicety, not a necessity, so feel free to disregard the suggestion. Your new addon is already being watched and appreciated as it is right now by over 12 people I know in two places so thanks regardless!

- fully automatic Wink
- tidy olympic titles

I was trying to make it look ugly so that my github repo doesn't get overloaded but you asked nicely so here you go.

New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - ed_davidson - 2016-08-11

(2016-08-11, 09:36)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-08-11, 01:11)thenextman Wrote:

- fully automatic Wink
- tidy olympic titles

I was trying to make it look ugly so that my github repo doesn't get overloaded but you asked nicely so here you go.

What's this Addon all about? I've tried using it but not found it any better than iplayerWWW for Olympic content. I just go to the highlights and it's all listed there. Does this tell you what the red buttons are doing?
Excuse me for being dumb.

Sent from my iPhone

(2016-08-11, 15:16)ed_davidson Wrote: What's this Addon all about? I've tried using it but not found it any better than iplayerWWW for Olympic content. I just go to the highlights and it's all listed there. Does this tell you what the red buttons are doing?
Excuse me for being dumb.

Sent from my iPhone

plugin.video.bbc.live is a debugging and testing aid for anyone working on bbc related addons.
It wasn't made for end users.

The olympics menu in plugin.video.bbc.live is just a quick hack because someone asked politely for it.

I made it because the Olympics Live streams won't work in iplayerwww.

CaptainT is away during the olympics, so any changes I make to the main addon won't make it to the main repo until too late.

New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - ed_davidson - 2016-08-11

That clears it up thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - thenextman - 2016-08-11

Primeaval, can't thank you enough for this clutch update, you've topped yourself again.

BBC Live is now the ultimate Olympic Addon in my estimation, and it will be getting heavy use until the end of the games. More impressive is how you threw it together as a stop-gap and then improved and finally perfected it in such short time.

You may have been trying to keep it ugly, but you couldn't help from keeping it awesome! I almost feel bad for all the Kodi users interested in the Olympics who're ignorant of this thread and the definitive Live Olympics plugin. Laugh

Thanks and take care of yourself

(2016-08-11, 09:36)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.4
- fully automatic Wink
- tidy olympic titles

(2016-08-11, 17:42)thenextman Wrote: Primeaval, can't thank you enough for this clutch update, you've topped yourself again.

BBC Live is now the ultimate Olympic Addon in my estimation, and it will be getting heavy use until the end of the games. More impressive is how you threw it together as a stop-gap and then improved and finally perfected it in such short time.

You may have been trying to keep it ugly, but you couldn't help from keeping it awesome! I almost feel bad for all the Kodi users interested in the Olympics who're ignorant of this thread and the definitive Live Olympics plugin. Laugh

Thanks and take care of yourself

(2016-08-11, 09:36)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.4
- fully automatic Wink
- tidy olympic titles

Here is a cutdown version for Olympics fans.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=286381

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - cacheman - 2016-08-12

Primaeval,

Would like to echo the thanks and gratitude of previous posters....when I mentioned the Olympic Live Streams not working, I had thought that a fix might eventually find its way into the plugin....I wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround.

Thanks a mill.

Cacheman.

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - alfa145 - 2016-08-13

Hi Primaeval - I have tried to install the Olympic plugin 0.4 but it won't install - it errors with a dependency missing error, but helpfully it doesnt list what. I checked the kodi.log file but it seems nothing is posted to it.

Anyone any ideas?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - primaeval - 2016-08-13

(2016-08-13, 08:46)alfa145 Wrote: Hi Primaeval - I have tried to install the Olympic plugin 0.4 but it won't install - it errors with a dependency missing error, but helpfully it doesnt list what. I checked the kodi.log file but it seems nothing is posted to it.

Anyone any ideas?

I just tried a fresh install of jarvis 16.1 on win7 and only installed the Olympics addon.
It just worked.

What kodi version, device and os are you using?

RE: New plugin "iPlayer WWW" - alfa145 - 2016-08-13

Kodi 14.2, Ubuntu 12.04. Maybe it's time to upgrade! And then spend days fixing the gfx and audio driver issues!