Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Unofficial third-party nightly builds for the community (Notification only) (/showthread.php?tid=35452)

- kricker - 2009-10-19

Upped XBMC-Rev23851-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23851-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23851-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23851-DX

- kricker - 2009-10-19

Hmm I just used the updater and it show the right version in both places. This may be tricky to track down.

- Fascix - 2009-10-19

d3dx9_41.dll is not a valid Windows image. please check against your installation diskette.

this is the eror message i get when trying the latest dx build by kricker

- kricker - 2009-10-19

remove the d3dx9_41.dll from the install folder.

- azido - 2009-10-20

kricker Wrote:Hmm I just used the updater and it show the right version in both places. This may be tricky to track down.

Wink well, in fact i don't care when it comes to usage, as it IS the correct version anyway. might just be interesting when it comes to report issues.

- Fascix - 2009-10-20

kricker: worx like a sharm. thanx

- BrokenCodes - 2009-10-20

XBMCSetup-Rev23851-dx.exe

XBMCSetup-Rev23851-gl.exe

- kricker - 2009-10-20

Upped XBMC-Rev23858-GL
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23858-GL
Upped XBMC-Rev23858-DX
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev23858-DX

- poubelle1970 - 2009-10-20

I'm using GL 23851.

Can I install DX over GL, (and GL over DX again) or am I stuck to the first install i did ?

- patkhoo - 2009-10-20

poubelle1970 Wrote:I'm using GL 23851.

Can I install DX over GL, (and GL over DX again) or am I stuck to the first install i did ?

If you want to test and compare, you can just install them both on the same machine but in different folders. Just get one of them (GL?) setup properly, then copy the whole XBMC folder and put the DX version into the new one.. This way you can run both DX and GL (of course, not at the same time Wink

- azido - 2009-10-20

patkhoo Wrote:This way you can run both DX and GL (of course, not at the same time Wink

[offtopic] ..why not? i have 2 screens Wink lol. [/offtopic]

no need to install "one properly, the other as a copy".

you could even just download the zips and unpack them into different folders like XBMC-DX and XBMC-GL. or install both versions with setup into different folders. the only thing you should remember is to put a "-p" to the commandline of the startup symlink so their userdata stuff keeps in the respective program dir. else you will end up overwriting content in appdata.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-20

azido Wrote:[offtopic] ..why not? i have 2 screens Wink lol. [/offtopic]

Quite right! but you know, not everyone is as fortunate as you.. he he he!

azido Wrote:no need to install "one properly, the other as a copy".

you could even just download the zips and unpack them into different folders like XBMC-DX and XBMC-GL. or install both versions with setup into different folders. the only thing you should remember is to put a "-p" to the commandline of the startup symlink so their userdata stuff keeps in the respective program dir. else you will end up overwriting content in appdata.

Correct, just that the install one properly, then copy is easier to explain and less likely for the user to get wrong and say things like "but the list of movies in DX is not the same as the list of movies in GL"...yadda... Shocked

- azido - 2009-10-22

patkhoo Wrote:..say things like "but the list of movies in DX is not the same as the list of movies in GL"...yadda... Shocked

lol.. that still could happen if he adds stuff in one copy and forgets to do that in the other. if one isn't aware of that, he shouldn't run 2 copies at all.

@kricker: any chance to get 23895 today? it holds a change i would find very useful in my current environment, as i'm rebuilding my tvshow library right now.

- kricker - 2009-10-22

There would have been a build sooner, but the build process has been borked for a bit.

- kricker - 2009-10-22

Still can't build yet sorry. I'm still getting build errors.

Code:
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\xbmc\visualizations\milkdrop\release\plugin.lib'